Chemotherapy

Hi,

I hope have done this right not posted on the forum before.

I started my chemo on the 31/07/2017, FEC-T  didn’t do very well had vomitting for about 24 hours after, and then awful mouth ulcers that stopped me eating, took a while to clear up, but i was fine when they did,  my second chem was dealyed so i could have other anti sickness meds

I have my second on 28th, i was not sick , just felt it, but my lips, mouth and throat are covered in ulcers, so so painful, i am doing everything i can ( I sucked on ice almost all of my session)  i am using  the mouth gels, mouth wash, salt water . already take manuka honey, 

Not sure what else i can do,I am trying my best to eat, but really struggling even with just soup, milkshakes.

Just finding it hard at the minute and knowing it will probably be like this each time!!!

But hey went through a mastectomy and lymph node clearance ,don’t have the 65mm tumour anymore  and after chemo and rad, it will all be over. 

Sorry if i am sounding sorry for myself but reading the forums has helped and i know other people feel the same way 

Hi Boo

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to read that you’re having a tough time.

Mouth ulcers was not something I experienced, so apologizes for lack of advice. But I have a couple of suggestions regarding this forum. You could try joining the August chemo thread, as there are ladies on there who are about where you are in their chemo treatment. Or try posting a new thread in the chemo section, entitled Mouth Ulcers, and hopefully someone will come along and advise. Failing that, go the the Ask a Nurse section and post on there.

Hope this helps.

Sue xx

Hi Boo66

Apparently Nystatin works to prevent the mouth issues as well as Difflam mouthwash. I am about to have my 5th treatment, second T, so have experienced thrush and mouth issues. Difflam, the green mouthwash, worked while I was on ec, but much worse on T, so I am getting Nystatin in my med bag on Tuesday when I have my chemo. 

Hope things improve soon. Mouth and taste issues have almost been my worst side effects.

Hugs.