Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chillows

9 REPLIES 9
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Chillows

Hi i have just bought a chillow a week ago.It shouldn't be put in the fridge.
It's lovely when you first put your head on it but it doesn't stay cold all night. It does retain your body heat unless you remove it and reuse it after a period of "no contact" time. i put mine under my pillow when it gets warm & then when I wake later with a hot flush bring it back out!

mandarin x

Guest user
Not applicable

I have never put mine in the fridge and it works fine

Sharon x

Guest user
Not applicable

does it need to go in the fridge every day and then you take it to bed with you?? thinking of buying one - I need something

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Angie

Best thing I ever bought and well worth the money (still use mine 2 years later)

You can return them and get a refund within so many days if you find they are not for you.

I do find that it is to cold to put my head on but just leave it under the pillow to pull out when you need to.

Hope this helps let me know how you go on.
Janet

princess18

Hiya,

I don't have one yet but will defo be getting one before I start my Zoladex. A top tip someone on here gave me was to get 2. I know its a bit pricy but apparently they do start to lose their 'chillingness' as the night wears on, so if you have 2 you can just get the 2nd chillow out of the fridge when the first one starts warming up, then put that one in the fridge,

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

Guest user
Not applicable

Well I am sorry but i didnt like it and have it back in the box, someone said you cant re-use them but if you can i have all the instructions and its here if anyone wanted it. Shame we dont have a selling forum I know it could get complicated though.

I found the thing slid down all the time and got hot.
So good that many like it.
Rx

Guest user
Not applicable

The trivk with the chillow is to move around the pillow all night long..hee hee...they are good and keep you suppppperrrrr coooooool!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hiya,

My mum's breat cancer nurse gave her one free of charge (we live in Scotland), and I highly recommend them. I tried it first as due to a past history of cancer within our family, I am being put through a medically induced menipose (I am 27), so going through the flushes, night sweats etc, plus was being mum's guinea pig - hee hee ...... but they are great and I have got mum a new one to use when she starts her treatment next week .... but it has many uses other than flushes - they can cool down your feet, make you feel refreshed etc ..... so ask your breast cancer nurse if they can supply you with one and if not it's still £25 well spent!

Hope that helps you abit ..... take care

Tizzy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I have a chillow and it is great. However, it doesn't stay cool all night if it is picking up the heat from you. I use it inside a pillowcase with a pillow in it as an underpillow. When I feel really hot or flushed I use it. Then (if I wake up again) I put it underneath until I need it again and it will have cooled down.
I bought mine from pillow turner (info@pillowturner.co.uk) for £24.95 which was the cheapest I found (postage free). The guy, Steve Ball was really helpful

I also thoroughly recommend a "Cobber" which is an Australian product like a neckerchief that you soak in water and then put it round your neck. It stays hydrated for 3 days before you need to soak it again. It is a godsend. I can't remember who I got it from (on line) but try googling it. I think I paid about £13 including postage. You can wear it anytime of the day

Sharon x

Guest user
Not applicable

Chillows

Hi All

Like many I am suffering from the hot flushes/night sweats brought on by zoladex injections, and was wondering if anyone thinks having a chillow will help?

I have read about them, but has anyone really thought they are worth spending the money on?

Take care

Angie
xx