1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Climbing Kilimanjaro

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Climbing Kilimanjaro

Thanks for getting in touch, Jules.  I'll pop over to the May thread. The chemo talk was all a bit too much for me so it was just as well that my friend brought some tissues with her as I had tears streaming down my face as I was watching the powerpoint.  

Anyway, I  bit the bullet and had my first chemo session on May 14th and now I'm just focused on getting through the next few months. Normally I'm terribly laid back but in a time of crisis I crank up the adrenaline and just focus. My son calls this "going into mum mode."

I love quotations and the other day someone sent me a card, which said," When life gives you lemons say 'thank you' and then give them back if that's not what you want." 

Well, life has given us all lemons. If it weren't for the chemo I think I'd use mine to make a gin and tonic but I'm being very good right now and drinking water with a hint of Rose's lime codial everywhere I go!

Hi Kilimanjaro.  Just wanted to say hi and that there is indeed a group of us May starters, we also have a secret FB page too which you'd be welcome to join. We are a friendly and slightly crazy bunch but having each other is certainly a massive help. Hope all went well for you on 11th and you join us soon. Jules xx

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posting, Egret.  I'll look out for the May chemo thread. I definitely recommend going to see Kilimanjaro when your treatment is over. x

Hi kilimanjaro, I am Egret and I follow the April thread because I started my 6 x FEC 75 in April. Welcome! There is a thread for May you might wish to follow, messages from women sharing their experience as they progress through chemo at the same time than you! The kilimanjaro is in my "to do" list (not the climbing though!). Best wishes, Egret x

Hi Kilimanjaro and welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will the support you are looking for

In addition, our helpline is open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000 so feel free to call and talk any queries/concerns over

The following link will take you to the BCC undergoing treatments pages where you will find lots of information and further support ideas which I hope will find helpful:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

Climbing Kilimanjaro

Hello. I didn't know what to call myself and opted for Kilimanjaro because it's a huge mountain to climb but it is achievable. 

I had a WLE in February, followed by nodes clearance in March. Today I received a letter from the Leicester Royal Infirmary concerning attending a group chemotherapy talk on Monday 11th May. I'm taking everything one day at a time. 

I live in the Rutland area so if there is anyone out there who lives close by it would be lovely to meet up for a coffee and a chat.

John Lennon once said,"Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans." I guess we all feel that way.