1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clinic Visit Today

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Clinic Visit Today

This is brilliant news. It must be such a relief.

Guest user
Not applicable

Me again!

No one actually responded to my original post but I wanted to write this anyway to give some hope to any other women who are looking at this for the first time and are frightened to death!

I noticed a lump/thickening last Tuesday evening. I went to the docs and was sent to the Breast Clinic. I had a week from hell worrying about it all and imagining every possible thing. I had a mammogram and an ultrsound and it was all fine!! Just a dense area!

The relief was enormous and am now thanking all my lucky stars that it was good news. All the brave ladies on this site deserve medals for being so kind and helpful to others when they have such a lot to deal with.

Good luck to anyone who is fighting this and to other who are in that horrible period of worry and wondering - it's not always bad news xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

I have just been referred to the Breast Clinic for a triple assessment as I found a lump on Tuesday evening. It's on the side of my left boob and is slightly tender. It's not noticeable on the surface. I've been a mess since I found it and can't stop crying. I am married and have two children, 10 and 12 and just keep looking at them and thinking what if? I'm waiting for my appointment.

We've had so much stress within the family and extended family (my sister had ovarian cancer) within the last few years and I spent Christmas and New Year in agony because of a severed nerve in my leg and wondered if it could be stress related or something to do with all the drugs I was given?

Not sure who I'm babbling away to here but my husband is a typical man and doesn't like to talk about it. He tries his best but if I'm upset he will choose that particular moment to retile the bathroom or paint the hall!!!

Any advice??

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks doogle and Kittykat for your positive messages, been trying to bury my head in the sand and ignore it but now I only have a week to wait I feel much better, hope you are both good today xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Fairy girl- sending you positive news, i've just had the all clear! Wishing you well and good luck!
All my love and keep positive when you can- and u'll get through it, it's hard but u hang on in there!!
xxx

hi fairygirl - can now - its the waiting thats the hardest bit really, they're checking it out so the balls rolling, did the cons not give any idea? Sorry you've had to join us but there are plenty of ears to listen on here.....x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi can see your post- i think the doctor just wants to get you checked out- which is always the best thing.
I found a lump in October waited 3 wks for initial assesment, physical exam, then another 2 wks for mammogram, ultrasound then core biopsy on same day about 28th Nov. Then had lumpectomy 5 wks later (last wednesday) and am still waiting for results!!
It's hard to advise on time scales coz different areas of the country seem to be different.
The docs know what they're doing and i have had people say they would've seen me sooner if anything wrong. I think that could be true as i know if they find something they act very quickly on it.
The truth is we have no option but to wait and it's the waiting and worrying that is so hard, but you will get through it and in no time Feb 5th will be here and u'll know some more.
It's very scary but come on here and talk, cry ,scream, moan, it doesn't matter, there are lots of people to help you through and it'll be ok.
Stay positive they have to check & thats a good thing.
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, can anyone read my post? I can see it but I've never used anything like this before? Thanks x

hi, can't see your post yet but will check back....x

Guest user
Not applicable

Clinic Visit Today

Hi Everyone,

I visited the consultant today at the breast clinic as I have had an area of uncomfortable thickening on my left breast for about 12 weeks, he would like me to have an ultrasound on 5th Feb but did not seem too worried about it. I have only told 2 people about this my husband and mother in law who both said if it was anything to worry about they would see me sooner? Has anyone any advice on this I wasn't worried before now but I am really scared! Thanks for reading