Clutter clearing

i am getting better

BUT, I don’t want to leave a pile of guff when I do die, so was wondering. Am I being morbid when I think about it, should I use my precious energy on clearing? 

Can I ask if any of you ladies think or tackle this issue at all. Or am I just beating myself up worrying about it instead of sleeping! 

Hi Samantha

I’ve gradually been having a clear out and sorting Will, paperwork, funeral etc since I got my incurable diagnosis. That’s not to say that I don’t hold out for the miracle. I don’t think it’s morbid. We’re all different but for me it makes me feel a bit less anxious knowing that my family will have less to do when the time comes.

It is quite time consuming, and I just do bits every now and then, which is why it’s taking me so long.

Good luck with your decision.

X

Declutteing is a real boost …go for it. My family panic when they c me with a black bin bag in my hand …
If u r well enough get out the bin bags and marigolds and get clearing …Sun is shining as well.
Hugs xxx

We pre paid our funerals before my diagnosis so not an issue for me but I do keep having little spurts of clearing out junk as my hubby calls it. I don’t think its morbid so go for it as and when you feel like it.
Good luck

I had quite a chuckle when I saw the title to this thread. 2 years ago we added an extension to our house. One of the rooms was to be a new bedroom for me, just off the main lounge. Obviously should I need to spend more time in bed I would be in close contact with what was going on around me. The builders were then moving on to do work on the room I had been occupying so we had to pack up everything including wardrobe contents. I have to confess that 2 years on and most of my things are still packed up. I don’t have the energy to sort it all out now and most of my clothes don’t fit as I have lost a lot of weight. It is also quite hard to ‘let go’ of a lot of these things. So I have the problem of the memories that make it hard, the energy or lack of, and the problem all of us have as we get older we acquire even more if we haven’t been disciplined in the way we deal with clutter generally.  I do wonder what our poor kids will do when we are both gone and they have to sort everything out.

I think if it you are losing sleep over it then it is a good idea to start clearing some of the clutter. It will probably give you quite a lot of satisfaction to make a start.

Hi

i de cluttered paid for funeral 6 years ago but have managed to  have a load more and now and i am decluttering again  i decided if i had not seen or used for last 2 years it was going including paper work i am just in the throws of re vamping the document box what we need to keep or not 

good luck with yours it is very theraputic 

kay

Hi Samantha

Yes I’m on the side of the de-clutter. When I lost my Mum it was months! Towards the end she wanted to de-clutter but was too poorly.

As other ladies said it can be so therapeutic. I do it twice a year (think I’ve got the OCD bug too). Spring and Autumn. If I haven’t worn it or used it, it goes. Its a good feeling to give things to friends and family, and the charity shop ate grateful too. Its a good feeling to give back a little to cancer charities. There are also the clothes banks which give you pennies, but you could have a chocolate bar with the money to reward yourself.

Go for it, slowly slowly, mind you

Xxx

On the topic of clutter …we moved to this house last June - the previous home of 17 years took us ages to clear out.
Anyway my hubs has his mancave and keeps the keys in his pocket so I’m not allowed to put anything in it. He also keeps the loft hatch locked so its empty …sooo I have no where to store stuff …so it has to go if not in use !!
I find the worst cupboard filler is photos and …handbags !!
Hugs everyone xxxx

Yep, its the handbags that take up the space.

Amazing what you can fit in the drawers under the bed though ?

Xxx

Help! Im a clutter nutter!

Moijan
I’m good at clutter clearing …tomorrow I’m attacking my coat wardrobe …I have a whole wardrobe full so I plan to half it and take them charity shop !!