Cold Boob

I probably sound silly but I scared myself last night. I am six weeks post tram op and happily took off my bra and girdle for the first time since op and went to bed naked. Well, I was lying thinking about things and I touched my new boob and was horrified to realise if felt stone cold whereas my natural one was warm. I immediately panicked and thought it was dying on me. I got up and put on my bra again and pjs in the hope it would warm up again. I worried for the next hour or so before falling asleep.

Today was my first day back at work so I kind of forgot about it until I got home again. I was relieved to find both boobs equally warm.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it alright to let it go cold? Please can anyone reassure me?

Maggie

Hi Maggie

Whilst you wait for the other forum users to reply with their experiences it may be helpful for you to talk to someone on the BCC helpline. Here you can share your concerns with a trained member of staff who can offer you support and information. The number to call is free phone 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Dear Maggie,

If it is any consolation i have had this problem for about 8 years now since my double reconstruction. It does not mean anything is dying. Not really sure of the scientific reasons. Presume that it is also linked with lack of feeling and sensitivity in my breasts. Sometimes they feel cold, sometimes not.They have not changed at all . Please do not worry.

Julie

Thanks Julie, that is very reassuring. I’m off to bed now but will keep my bra on!

Sam, I will do as you suggest tomorrow.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards, Maggie

Hi maggie,i had double tram too,and the front,where the flaps are do feel colder than the rest,i am over a yr post op now,dont worry yourself,it seems to be quite normal. x