Cold-capping advice

Hello there
I had my first chemo April 10th and cold-capped with paxman system. It’s now day 18 and my hairs shedding like crazy / is this normal ? Will it slow down, shall I persevere … any advice will be greatly received xxx

Hey lilneenz

I cold capped on my first chemo back in October last year (Oct 7th) and my hair started shedding like crazy as you have described, so I decided not to bother with any more and shaved it all off!  Was a very liberating experience and now 6 months later have a really good thick covering of hair again, around 2-3 inches long. My hair actually never fell out completely but I only had 3 cycles.

It may be worth perservering if you feel very emotional about the thought of losing my hair - for me it was more about looking ‘normal’ for my kids.  However, they got involved with the hair shaving and very quickly got used to me looking like GI Jane :slight_smile: In fact, they say I look strange when they see pictures of me with my old long hair!

I hope you’re feeling okay after your 1st cycle?  1 more step towards recovery.

Jo

Yes the shedding is normal but don’t give up! This is me a few days after my last chemo

hair2.jpg

You will lose some hair and I went “transparent” at the back on a level with my ears. I did not need a wig and I just bought a scrunchie with fake hair on it and tied it up/back. Then I discovered toppers, which I use when going anywhere nice and will always use them because I love them! They are just wide clip in extensions and  they cover up your roots if they need doing too.

Wash your hair no more than once a week and never under the shower. Anything else just ask xxx

Thanks blue ash
Had my second chemo with cold cap yesterday…I’m so thin on top now and hairs still coming out tons / does it slow down ???
Nina

Ok I’ll keep persevering - think I may look like a monk soon though xxx