Cold caps

When you were using cold caps what did people do when they had thin/bald patches if you can’t wear hats because of getting the follicles hot? What about covering in the sun?

I wore my scarf and a wig to cover the patches.  I wasn’t told their was any problem of the follicles getting hot between chemo sessions.

I lost about 50% of my very thick hair but am convinced that the cold cap enabled my hair to grow back very quickly and very strongly.  I had almost a cm of new growth at the time of my 6th chemo. Now, 18 months after treatment ended it is thick, curly (not what I had before!) and below my shoulders.  The shortest layer is to the bottom of my ear.

Good luck!  The hairloss is horrible but by taking control with the cold cap, I’m sure it will come back faster and stronger.

Rebecca

xx

Hi Ccann - I was not told to avoid wearing hats or scarves. I think keeping follicles cool is more important during the chemotherapy treatment. Try looking at cancerhaircare.co.uk site for lots of information about scalp cooling and anything to do with hair during chemo. It is really useful and upbeat.  Marli x