cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coloring hair after chemo

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Coloring hair after chemo

Hi Nan

I did the cold cap with success so had thin hair.  It quickly grew back but with lots more grey.  I couldn't stand it so died it a few weeks after chemo with the attitude if it fell out it couldn't look worse 😀.  I researched and used a natural hair dye with no ammonia, parabens etc.  The link to the dye I used is http://www.danielfieldmailorder.co.uk

good luck. X

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hoping you have glamorous new colour sooner rather than later !

Thanks Jill. I will look and also post in the chemotherapy section. 

Jill1998
Community Champion

PS there is a response from one of the nurses in the Ask the nurses section regarding this (dated 30th Jan) if you search "hair colouring " it should bring it up .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Nan,may be worth posting your query in the chemotherapy section and the "moving forward after breast cancer" section .Im sure ladies I know who have been through chemo have had their hair coloured much sooner than 6 months .All the best .Jill.

Coloring hair after chemo

I know this should be the least of my woman's actually it is but I am trying to decide what to do with my hair. I did not lose ALL my hair but It is incredibly thin and I have about an inch or more of gray roots. My oncology PA said I only need to wait a month after my last chemo to color it. Everything I read says 6 months. Anyone color sooner than 6 months? I just know it would make me feel better. Thanks.