Colouring hair post chemo

I finished chemo at the end of August and succesfully used the cold cap. My hair thinned a little but I did not need my wig and just wore a cap/hat. However prior to chemo, I had my hair coloured and now because I haven’t been able to have it dyed, I am completely grey with a black streak down the back. My OH says it looks a bit like a skunk :smileyvery-happy: I know I can’t have it coloured at the hairdressers until 6 months post chemo but does anyone know what over the counter colours are ok to use as I really want to cover the grey. Thanks.

Hi,
I finished chemo at the end of July and have been using Nice n Easy semi which last 6/8 washes think they do one which lasts 20 ish washes too. It’s worked well on my hair and covers the grey

Over the counter colours are fine. I finished chemo 28th August, I have been using semi permanent colours and also had a test on my hair. The reason they say to wait for six months is because some peoples hair is far more fragile than others when it grows back and it may snap or break easily. It depends person to person but semi permanent is definitely ok.

After 3 months I started colouring with temporary hair dyes - the ones that are supposed to be gentler than the permanent ones but only last 6-8 washes.  Covered up the chemo white very nicely

Hi,
I recently tried the Naturatint range from Holland and Barrett. They don’t contain the usual chemical nasties, and the coverage is really good. I,m very impressed and would recommend.

Lady gray x

Hi Bev.
I used the Holland and Barrett colour with some success. It is ammonia free and has toned the grey down a fair bit but I finished chemo end of august. I’m not sure if it might be a bit soon for you to colour your hair but wouldn’t like to say for definite. Sorry I can’t be of more help. I would definitely avoid ammonia based colours though.

I used the Clairol N Easy temporary (6 to 8 wash).  The golden brown shades seem to last ages - far more than 8 washes but the blond ones don’t last very long and end up a bit mauve (but stil better than the chemo white).

I photographed the results of my post chemo hair colouring experiments in my blog here: iameclectica.blogspot.co.uk/p/chemo-hair-regrowth_16.html