Colposcopy during Chemo

Hi ladies
I just want to share this in case anyone else gets themselves all worked up about a positive result smear test.
When I received a letter that I will be needing a colposcopy, I weeped and all I could think was ‘What next? God give me strength’’ Anyway, after discussing with my Onc who is also a Gyneacologist she was happy for me to go ahead with it as long as no invasive treatment as I’m having chemo treatment!
I had it on Thursday morning and it wasn’t as bad as I imagined. The nurse and Colpocopist chatted away with me throughout and told me to cough when she took the biopsy. Didn’t feel it! I think the worse bit was feeling very unladylike, 2 legs on stands up in the air whilst you can see the prodding and probbing on rhe screen. I didnt look! The only slight uncomfortable bit was when she put the metal thing in but that was manageable, like the smear. Then prepare for a few days of light red discharge but no pain.
She did explain to me that I was low result and 90% results can come out normal. Only 10% need further treatment! Now its waiting for a dfferent set of results but again if I need treatment, its there!
Fingers crossed for me ladies.xxx

Sorry to hear you’ve had to go through this as well CK. Fingers crossed for you and sending a hug xx

Hi CK,

When I was in my 20s, I had a positive smear test & had a colposcopy & treatment for abnormal cells, I remember the Dr being very reassuring about the whole thing & she was right. I have been all clear ever since & had even forgotten about it, until sitting with the BCN after being diagnosed with this & thinking, blimey, I’ve done quite well out of the screening programmes - a second early find!

ann x

Ck

Everything crossed for you and sending you a group hug xxxxx

group hug.jpg

Helena xxx

Blooming heck CK you don’t do things by half do you -yet another wait for results - and not top of your list of things to do is it !!! I’ve had one myself and it’s not dignified is it .Like you say most don’t need further treatment and if you do it’s very straight forward -fingers ,toes and legs crossed for you !!!

Wishing you the best god your results x

Praying for good results for you CK xx

CK, I just know that your results are going to be fine, I just know!!! Stay as positive as you always are…

Gypsy Rose Bakewell ??? xxx 

Hi CK,  I haven’t been reading much lately, and so I didn’t see anything about you getting the results of a cervical smear before being called for the colposcopy.  I went for my smear almost 3 weeks ago, and on Friday I received a letter saying I had abnormal cells, no HPV so they’d see me in 5 years.  They even gave me the date.  The “abnormal” made me go to pieces, of course, and I phoned my local GP, spoke to the nurse, who will come back to me tomorrow.  From what I have seen of other people’s experiences, the abnormal cells would normally require a follow up check after 6 months.  Can you tell me if yours was HPV+ or -?

Cathy

Hi Pecan
I had evidence of HPV and most women will be affected by it at some point in their life. I also have low grade dyskaryosis which is abnormal cervical cells which is not unual.

Thats why Ive had a colposcopy.
Lets hope they all get back to normal which halpens frequently.xx

Hi ck,

I also had positive smear 5 years ago, i was diagnosed cin3, had all cells lazerd with clear margins, no further treatment, smears every 6 months for a year then smear yearly for 2 years, now back on normal screening plan, all has been fine since, best of luck with results.

Debbie