72300members
378773posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming out the other side - one year on!

hollymeg

Re: Coming out the other side - one year on!

Hi rach, glad to hear from you, hope it is only a mini bus that hits you this time not the double decker that has beeen hitting you in the past. Hope your stocked up on whispers and wine for when the taste buds return, wont be long girl, hang on in there. roll on CP

mumszy hope the meal goes well, your brave, i wouldnt have the energy to entertain. got friends coming tomorrow, told gaz if they want feeding we will fetch chips from the chippy.

Sue glad to hear you sound better
Good luck to everyone crossing the finishing line this week and those beginning their rads.

Been into work with another sick note note for a further 8 weeks, doctor refused to sign me off. that will be 34 weeks off. hopefully i will be able to go back after xmas.

Have a good weekend everyone, luv Pauline xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,
Rache, good to hear from you, i agree the worst dose is the 6th...
Evie, lovely to hear you are feeling better, what a long haul we've all had.
I got a phone call from the new oncologist at cheltenham and I have an apt on tuesday to find out when I start zapping.. rather think it will be about same time as you rach!
must go, not long till half the countryside descend on me for their supper...
loads a love n cyber hugs...
xxmumszyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sue you sound better - well done you! i've just heard my rads (all 15 of them) start on the 24/11 so I'll be cooked for Xmas - I'm stunned.
I can't belive no more chemo. anyone else sobbing and then laffing?
ladies love to you allxxxx
p.s watching Miami Ink - ohhh garver, nunez, ami, yummy. Now desperate for my phoenix

Guest user
Not applicable

hey there
had radio planning today and whilst being seriously creeped out with the machinary the tattoos are tiny cuts dyed black and did not hurt at all. i am covered in pen marks so feel like a side of pork being assessed for sale..plenty of me!
Fatigue gone. Taken 4.5 weeks after last chemo so not horrendous i guess.

Back mto the land of kids, potty training- so much wee wee and tidying the slum that is my house now.

Love to all chemo goers. x

S

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi fellow BFM!
going to give myself the GSCF jab in 5 mins then back to be awaiting the bus. Already heavy and aching but tramodol is not as good as was - you see tolerence i'll be detoxing with the smack addicts soon.
Good look dawn, chris and caro for monday and to those of you I haven't meantioned its not cos I don't care it cos my heeed isn't where it shud be.
I asked my ONC for more painkillers for the myalgia (muscle pains) and they upped my steroids - that'll teach me to keep my mouth shut!
I had better fone the GP and beg for something or this weekend will be so crap - I can tell...
Kids are still with meme and papi in surrey and they seem to be having agrand time - at least they will not have any memeories of this horrendous last dose - it really does hurt more than previous doses - weird or what?
Tra la la off to bed for moi xxxxxxx

only1chris

Monday is a big day for so many of us - good luck Caro Drabble jayney. Good luck to anyone else next week getting "done". Hope you are alright Rachel and coping with se..

I'm another one for the diet club too!

Guest user
Not applicable

goin 4 my bloods 2day,for my last chemo on monday,dont know were there going to put the chemo my veins sre feced,hope u r all well not long to go girls when we are all finished with chemo xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Mumszy, I was supposed to be throwing a dinner party on Saturday night too, but all the men in the group have stinking colds so it's been cancelled 😞 Quite upset as have been busy baking bread/ desserts and trying out recipes all week, so have become an even bigger fat heffer for nothing! Hope yours go smoothly and you put on a few of those pounds you've lost 😉

On a brighter note, I've been trying to organise a support group for younger women with bc in my area but had little response. However, over the last few days I've had 5 phone calls from women under the age of 45 who are interested in getting together to give one another support! Question is, should the first gathering be civilised over coffee, or should we meet in a bar??? (you know what my preference would be, lol).

Oh, and on an even brighter note, my Louboutins have arrived and they're gorg!! Will post some pics on fb when I get chance.

Good luck for Monday Jayney. I'm having my 4th FECing on Monday too (dreading it). And good luck to anyone else being swamped/tattooed/irradiated!

Caro xxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Sorry been off radar this week. Had shock with Furry baby (Pip), she was off colour over weekend and took her to Vet on Monday and she had to have an emergency blood transfusion - she has AIHA where she is destroying her own red blood cells. Well you can imagine, I cried buckets, didn't think she would make it and she is my life line at the moment. Anyway, she is back with us, Vet says it will be about 4 weeks before we know if treatment is working. I am hoping and praying and she is a lot brighter and being totally spoilt. So my "good week" has been rubbish - lots of stress and upset and just feel generally really groggy. Lots of aches and pains and twinges. Anyone else suffering from night sweats - I am getting them really bad - not getting much sleep. No 7 for me on Monday and back on Tues for first Herceptin - what joy!
Gina - how you feelin honi?
Erin - well done on finishing (wish it was me!)
Pauline - glad Rads plannin ok

YWF in Bimringham was good and met the lovely Lisa - we had a ball, just a pity this week has been soooooooo rubbish. Sorry having a moan, maybe it's just the effect of 6 chemos - feel totally flaked out!

Good luck for tomorrow Rach and all those on swamp juice next week.
Hi to everyone else
x

Put on 6lbs (that is a lot for me!) so can I join the diet club too????

alexamay09

good grief lovely ladies you don't half blether. Thinking about you all and whooping for those who have finished/are just about finished your gruelling chemo schedules. Hopefully now you will start to feel better and better. Rads is nothing compared to what you have all been through - you will all sail through for sure. First full week at work almost over. Its good to get back into 'normality' - during treatment you feel like that will never happen again but when you do end treatment and go back to work it does take your mind off things. Its pretty tiring but worth it - worst is I've hardly time now to do this and fb etc. I do think about you all though. Droopy you look fab! and others look amazing without hair. You are all gorgeous ladies.
Saw onc onTuesday for follow up appointment. She was pleased and quite reassuring so am going to try not to be so paranoid about every ache and pain! She says I'll get annual mammo for 10 yrs, 5 years of tamox and then a couple of years of an aromatase inhibitor. Sort of nice to know they at least keep tabs on you.
Mumszy great news on the retirement - enjoy it. Rach thinking about you and DG lol. Sue you must be very relieved about finishing chemo, Pix i bet you can't wait to have a decent few pints again. I have been drinking a fair bit lately though I have to be careful on quantity - love to drink/hate the blooming sore head next day! Also the sweats are worse after a drink (boo!).
Erin you hold out for what you want in terms of surgery - we are people not objects and our emotional needs are every bit as important as the physical needs. Many surgeons do the bit about 'fixing' the disease process very well but they seem to be pretty clueless about the emotional and psychological impact.

lots of hugs to all
alex
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

good evening everyone,
rach - thinking of you today and sending big cyber hugs, get well soon!!
my arm is hurting a lot at the mo, aching and numbness ++++. its worse at night, its quite reassuring that others have it too.
my daughters best friends Mum has just been diagnosed, will it never stop? It seems so common at the mo...
My dinner party has just swelled, i got a phone call from one of johns friends saying he and his wife would love to come to dinner tomorrow...?!! wait till he gets home....
Drabble, all 15 year old are pretty grotty, my son was smoking and drinking and he didnt have the worry of his Mum having BC!! Itll sort out in the end,
I got a phone call from the local hospital telling me I had an apt tomorrow re rads... Told them i cant come and anyway it wasnt for the consultant to whom Ive been referred!! They cant do radiotherapy there anyway, so it all seems quite crazy!
Love to all,
xxmumszyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Julie, as well as numb fingers and toes i also stil have aches and heavy legs also water retention so very puffy. has definately been the worst one and thank goodness didnt have to have more! Just over 3 weeks since last one and still dont feel right really, but good to hear I'm not the only one!! My head sounds similar to yours too!!!

Drabble sorry to hear yr son is causing you worry, its strange how the stress and worry of our illness comes out in others, hopefully its a stage he is going through! will he talk to you or someone else?? Not easy with teenagers i know!!

Hope all went ok today Rach!

love to all Debs xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

julie,i lost my dad and he was my bestfriend 12 years ago and i still miss him and talk to him alot,my heart goes out to you,missin them never goes away just gets easier.anyway fealin better today look at my kids and thats makes me strong,any advice on a 15 year old boy thats drinkin and smokin hes bein so naughty at mo,i tried to give him a good talkin to last night its hard hes over 6 foot a big lad,dont want to tell his dad he will go mad xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hello all
droopy thankyou for you kind wishes,can i say that your wig looks fab, i thought it was your own hair

rach gooood luck for today

debs thankyou for your good wishes, and thanks for mentioning your knumb fingers and toes was abit worried also am aching alot and still have heavy legs, my last tax defo hit me the most, dont now whats going on on my head, silver grey and black wisps, there is still patches with no growth yet.

pauline you have now joined the tats crew

she well done on getting your tattoo on your wrist, dont think i dare yet, i passed out having my ears peiced wot a whip i am

mumszy have a great dinner party it will all go fine i am sure your man will help
take care akk j xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all
sorry to hear about your dad julie will be thinking about you on monday as for getting out of breath i thought it was just me but i have an advantage i have a ground floor bedroom and bathroom but its a bath and i cant get in and out if it so i just go upstairs to use the shower when i start minging lol i havent lost all my hair yet but wear the wig during the day my hat in the evening i told kids i would dress up and go trick or treating as uncle fester well you have to say stuff like that or i would go mad i have had mastectomy and i got over it really well and i had 15 lymth nodes removed i am gonna look in to tne reconstuction after the new year as i dont think i can cope with the prostesis all the time i now hve 2 sisters with breast cancer but mine was the worse and i keep saying why me and yes like you all i am putting weight on and i do worry about when or were it will appear next as my onc kindly said it will come back somewere else but they gont know were or when and the chemo should kill off any unwanted cells but they cant give you gaurentees cant spell to save my life so like all you lovley wonderful ladies i too worry and i know i will die someday it gets us all eventually anyway good look to all who are just finishing and to all the fellow swampers will post again my next dose is on tues then i will be half way there mine should finnish 29th dec all being well and thats me with my wig on lol

love you all
janice xxxxx

only1chris

Rachel good luck for tomorrow and the ...ing bone ache that follows. Onc told me might not be so bad on the last and he was right!! Hope the drying up effects of tax shrink the eyelids for you....
Mumsy - good luck with dinner party, just try and make it easy on yourself so you really enjoy the company.

Best wishes to all Love C in a better mood today

Guest user
Not applicable

Rach hope all goes well tomorrow last one you,ve made it!! Have to say the side effects of last one are still with me have definately been the worst!Mumszy i'm with you on that one!!
I too worry about it coming back or that it has gone somewhere else! think it is only natural for us to worry wommen do!
Pauline I'll let you know what its like but you haven't got too long to wait!
Mumszy i'm sure yr dinner party will be great!
Julie will be thinking of you on monday. I hate my numb fingers keep dropping things and cant undo things!!!

love debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

heaven you girls are inspirational! I'm pretty down at present - had fab w.end and was able to do everything I hoped to do and a little more but today as I take the blooming steroids i just feel BLAH!

Dawn and chris you describe that fear so well and lulu s*it really does happen but i think yourt a wee star! the bone ache from the GCSF is only coped with cos I know my bone biochem and Liver tests are normal but the pain in my left low abdomen from on and off diarrhoea and constipation has me beliveing I have an ovarian tumour - I only have the left ovary the right was removed almost two yrs ago due to torsion(twisting) of a rather large cyst.

As tomorrow taste and energy will depart rapidly fab man has gone out for a take away leaving me with a chilled bottle of sauv blanc and instructions not to finish it before he comes home LOL
Girls thanks again for being such warm lovely people - BCC moderator pls send huge thanks to all at BCC for this fabulous method of support; I'm not sure I wud have coped as well otherwise xxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

heaven you girls are inspirational! I'm pretty down at present - had fab w.end and was able to do everything I hoped to do and a little more but today as I take the blooming steroids i just feel BLAH!

Dawn and chris you describe that fear so well and lulu s*it really does happen but i think yourt a wee star! the bone ache from the GCSF is only coped with cos I know my bone biochem and Liver tests are normal but the pain in my left low abdomen from on and off diarrhoea and constipation has me beliveing I have an ovarian tumour - I only have the left ovary the right was removed almost two yrs ago due to torsion(twisting) of a rather large cyst.

As tomorrow taste and energy will depart rapidly fab man has gone out for a take away leaving me with a chilled bottle of sauv blanc and instructions not to finish it before he comes home LOL
Girls thanks again for being such warm lovely people - BBC moderator pls send huge thanks to all at BCC for this fabulous method of support; I'm not sure I wud have coped as well otherwise xxxxxx

hollymeg

hi everyone, rach and julie, glad you both had a great weekend away. back to reality, your last chemo rach, good luck for tomorrow and julie rads looming for u . iv'e been for my planning today and mine starts on 9th nov so hopefully done for xmas.
I too worry about it coming back so your not on your own.
hope everyone else is having a good week
Take care luv Pauline x

Lulu34

julie

im due to get my flu jab on the 30th been advised to get it the day after chemo or whenever i get bloods checked (mine are always low so get rechecked on chemo day hence getting it the day after chemo)so they know youll be at your fittest to have it.

drabble

i did worry about it coming back after my first cancer and after my treatment finished (surgery and rads) i got quite down... it wasnt just the fear of it returning but just kinda being left in limbo-land again... when your having treatment your in constant touch with the health professionals but when its over everybody expects you to be 'well' and get on with things... i saw a psychologist from the cancer service and she was lovely and really helped me.

over time i found the worry does lessen but it never goes back to your pre cancer state of blissful ignorance.... but you dont think about it every day.

its weird cos we all know we are gonna die of something and we might all live for another 40 years but once you have a cancer diagnosis its always at the back of your mind that every ache or pain has something to do with it.

however i was in complete shock when i was diagnosed with a new occurrence as i really didnt i would get cancer again so soon.

now i wonder how long it will take me to trust my body now.

anyway my eyes are all puffy, im feeling knackered as this is my low week but am off out to a gig tonight so hope it perks me up a bit.

love to all as always.

lulu xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good morning Everyone
Welcome back from your dirty weekend away ( referring to DG of course....!!)Rachel and thinking of you for your last chemo, Im 2 weeks after my last and this has been the worst dose yet. Im so tired, not venturing out very much.
Hosting a dinner party on friday and im so worried ill make a mess of it, cant concentrate too well and really want to impress, its my first with John you see!!
House needs cleaning too, oh dear I just dont have the energy at the moment!
Have actually lost 7lbs now, Im putting it down to my new 'love'but Im still 10stone, was only 8st 7lbs when this started, will it ever go?
My nails seem to be ok but just realised the last dose of chemo has wiped out my new hair growth, at least this time when it happens it wont be going anywhere!! Except down my back of course (haha!!!)
Have a lovely day folks xxmumszyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

good morning lovely ladies

back from my break and it was great, took my mind of things but didnt want to come home,, went to the fair and justin lee collins was on the go-carts me and jayden(my 6 year old)gave him a wave , and guess what he waved back, made my day.
now back home to reality, my dads funeral on monday, think i will be glad when its over, all ralling round my mum.

i am having the flu jab tommorrow as my surgery rang and offered it, has anyone else ??

mumszy and anyone else having chemo good luck XXXX

yes i have times when i worry about it comming back, then i think dont waste your time worrying, i m hoping that as we get some normallity back and have other things to take our minds of bc, it will get better, my legs have been very ache this week and fingers and toes still numb, but onc said it takes months to get out your system,
hugs to all julie x

only1chris

hi drabble also been battling a down spell. Human nature i suppose to fear the worst. I remember my friend who has done SO well being like it after her treatment. I think only the passage of time will help us..and we will always be paranoid about every bone ache etc. Will just have to learn to live with it (as she did) and get our worries checked out as and when...meanwhile try and enjoy the good days and cope with the bad days. Take care - love and hugs
C

Guest user
Not applicable

I have only just remembered to take my steroids ready for tomorrows taxotere -I porgrammed my mobile so it was bleeping at me at 8 am.
I am so proud of myself I have started Xmas shopping how cool is that - i know She started about 6 weeks ago lol
Debs my fingers. toes, hands and feet oare swollen but it is my eyes that really get me down - they are so puffy and droopy - if they don't go back to normal after this I will have to do something - brow lift with dermal fillers and perhaps a little eyebrow tattooing infact I may just go the whole hog (oink oink) and have a full body lift (LMAO)
Good luck ladies for this week it wednesday already and the weekend is closer than you think - xxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

chemo is by far the hardest,surgery was a doddle mascectomy and lymph node clearance,i feel really down at moment does everybody fear it comin back or is it just me ?

only1chris

Well done Sue (erin)
Had surgery first but am an oddity - they never found my primary tumour just enlarged lymph glands so did a full clearance - 18 removed 3 involved. I agree surgery was ok - was in London less than a week later seeing Oliver (surgical drains in a fetching patterned shoulder bag) Nearly freaked when i saw guy at thartre doing a bag search! I had a small exploratory lumpectomy in breast also...

Good news re surgery is nerves are destroyed so little pain at all... still have "dead" sensation at top of arm but it is a small price to get rid of the tumours. Surgery first at my request - just wanted it over and quickly!

I think we all dread each stage, is normal but agree it is GREAT to have chemo behind ..

Guest user
Not applicable

So good to hear that so many of us have finished or coming to an end, but yes erin we will keep posting and chatting and encouraging each other as i think we will all need it still!!
The weight is getting me down also have terrible water retention 3 weeks after last tax so puffy hands and feet too! Such a good look!!

Rachel i get out of breath so easily, wish i had a downstairs loo!!!
get exhausted at the slightest activity!
love Debs xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

lulu - ta for the hypomellos will give it a go, my eyes run constantly as does my nose drip drip drip
Sue (erin) pilonidal sinus was packed ith UESOL ( uni of edin solution of lime) and parafin - OMG foul stuff - as for betadine soaks - go see a podiatrist and see what they say - next you'll have potassium permanganate soaks LOL
Pauline - clothes - no way - just DGs with very,very stained CRISPY BITS ON THEM XXX
love to all xxxxxxx its peeing it down here, the lab is crossing her paws and hoping i wont throw her out for a wee in this weather xxx

hollymeg

sue, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! on your last chemo, what a great feeling. another hurdle over and done with. I had surgery first without recon and it actually was a doddle, i have booked to see plastic surgeon about recon in jan. I had SNB and had 4 nodes removed with 1 involved. having rads on the rest of them. Its hard to make decissions when there are so many different options for you and everyone having different treatments in different orders. Sorry not much help but i hope you get what you want in the end

Champers at CP sounds great, anyone actually packing any clothes in their cases.....besides booze and chocolate or are we all going naked as well as bald?

I have gained about 1 and half stone and am glad i wont be on my own in the slimming club. Might be a good idea to start after CP though with all them alcoholic calories flying round.

Good luck to all you ladies swamping this week, you are all nearly there..... luv Pauline xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sue,
well done getting number 8 done, i bet that feels so good to have out of the way!
I still have 3 to go but then will be having surgery too, and i know that i am going to be scared about that too.
I hope it all goes well for you.
take care
anna

Guest user
Not applicable

And whilst I know that none of us like being told how "brave" we are or how "good" we look (when truth is, all we see is a BFM, some with no nails....) Evie and Mumzy, you look pretty damn good to me with your baldy head pics - the SMILES are what I see. I just can't do it... yet.

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

So - stage 1 completed, 8th chemo over - I NEVER WANT IT AGAIN. Good luck to those of you having your last one this week, and to those still with a few to go - those last 2 have to be the hardest!

Next few weeks will be busy with appts with surgeons, MRI scan etc. Still unhappy with surgery options but hoping to see the Oncoplastic breats surgeon next week. I asked my Oncologist today about lymph nodes and what determines how many are removed - she said that some "older surgeons" have firmly entrenched ideas and will do a full clearance regardless of whether they are cancerous or not. EEK! Any advice those of you who had surgery first? And why are we all having things done in a different order? Don't desert me those of you moving onto rads, true we swap stories about treatments but I kinda like to hear your other news too - normal stuff, outings to London indeed, guinea pigs, kites, dogs, kids, WORK - (I'm being pestered, nicely, about going back, certainly not ready yet - let them get the flu jabs outta the way tee hee.

Asked Oncologist about disgusting nails, in particular the left big one is completely dead with big blister underneath. Had Abx from GP. Onc suggested Betadine soaks!!! Ha ha, didn't that go out with the ark (fellow nursing buddies). Think I have some inadine or Lyofoam. Reminds me of patients coming out of hospital with bottles of that yellow stuff (can't remember the name) and ribbon gauze for daily packing following excision of pilonidal sinus. Now I realise I'm a touche older than some of you, but even I have used e.g. sorbsan/kaltostat for years. Hospitals, pah!

So, tho it's all a bit of an anticlimax, and already my brain has switched to surgery mode (and I'm SCARED), I am having a large glass of tonic water (diet if you must know and yes, I'm in the diet club too - shall we start after the CP experience????. Ok, maybe there's a smidgeon of gin in it too, probably shouldn't have it whith all that I've had today but do you know what - I DON'T CARE!!And I'm raising my glass to all you fab ladies on here. Keep going girls,we are getting there.

Erin (another Sue)

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

ive been looking at some photos of me last year,i look like someone else,makes me wonder if i will ever be back what i used to be,oh well ive started my diet i look so fat the onc told me if i put weight on to tell her because i will need more chemo [dont think so]hope u r all well xxxx

Lulu34

Rach have you hypromellose eye drops for your eyes... mine were just like and thought they were full of fluid but were actually dry and that was causing them to be watery and puffy bit the eyedrops really help.

i had managed to keep my weight off on the epi but since i started the CMF i put on quite a few pounds (well half a stone the weekend i went to the lakes!!!) managed to lose 2 lb since then... im not over weight but just got a bit of a belly.... although i thought when i eventually got rid of my 8 day chemo constipation id have dropped half a stone but wasnt to be LOL.

i also get knackered and out of puff going up stairs i often have to have a wee lie down just from the effort.... my house looks like a tip especially this week as the kids are off and make even more mess... typical teenagers!

i dont watch sci-fi but additcted 5US and hallmark watched just about every episode of CSI, miami, NY, law and order, criminal intent, svu, numbers, without a trace, the guardian, house etc

still loving doing my painting its fab.. and some of my ebay goodies have arrived so im having fun playing.

i saw my radiologist yesterday and i will be getting 5 weeks of rads after chemo but cos of the time it will be over xmas but i will get xmas day off but will have to go in some times during the holidays which is a bit poo but should all be over by mid jan.

good luck this week especially for all you girls on your last chemo.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, id just like to say that i am glad to hear its not just me who has put on weight. I think it really adds to the whole i hate how i look thing. i now feel short, fat and bald, i hate it. I have always been able to exercise at quite a decent level but now i get out of breath walking up a hill. I cant wait to get this all over with and get back training.
I would just like to add that i have watched all but series 7 (which i am now watching) of Deep Space Nine, it has been my savour during these chemo months.

Guest user
Not applicable

Rach mine is all on my stomach and wattle!! I will be in maternity pants in no time at all..already looking longingly at them!

Ive seen the fat babies Dr Who episode and feel its my only hope!

Guest user
Not applicable

I was 55Kg I am now 70Kg (more than 30 pounds on)- most of it seems to be in my eyelids - I was size 10 I am now 14 and thats a squeeze - dear me what a lot of fat we have between us - I could do with the Dr Who fat babies to just float off into space (am I the only saddo who watchs Dr Who and the sarah jane adventures - I love star trek the next generation as well)
sue carrying yourself and a baby thats just not fair - I am fast approaching the decision to invest in a stanner stair lift and oneof the those baths that opens at the side - LMAO xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I am crud with stairs Rach especialliy with a wriggling toddler and an extra 20, thats right i weighed myself, 20 pounds...

Am disgusting!!
Why cant i stop eating?!?!?

X

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning my lovely chums
got back from London late last night - ohhhhh it was lovely , the sun was shining, it was quite warm and we managed to do just one thing each day so that i wasn't completely knackered out.

Is anyone else finding stairs a complete struggle? I am so out of breath and my legs and back burn like I have done an hours step class and that is after just one flight.

As for toe and finger nails - Erin my are absolutely minging - ridged, floppy, peeling and generally falling off - i look like a I have survived an atomic bomb - no hair, scabby flakey skin, swollen fluid filled eyelids, no eye brows or lashes and cr*ppy nails to boot - ohhhh I bet i'd give cindy crawford a run for her money! The way I look Brad Pitt would fall for me immediately (to the ground clutching his throat saying take that abomination away from my sight)

Kids are staying with their french grandparents for the two week half term - i shud have been at CP this week with my best bud and my god son - boohoo but cancelled it for my last chemo - whhich I am worried about - weird tho it sounds I am a bit afraid of finsihing all this - ahh well no sense here then
will post more later as this is already and essay
love to all you girlie chicks xxxxxxxx As for fat class count me in!

only1chris

Hi Drabble - kept most of my hair- but looks very thin and "old lady " like on crown and in dreadful condition. But as my husband says " At least it is hair!" Dont have to wear a hat; and if you didnt know me it looks no worse than some prople have naturally. However really depressed now everytime i look in the mirror - it just doesnt seem to be me any more. Musn't moan -and i could write a book with my "down" thoughts - asd i suppose i am lucky having some hair. But just wasnt to hide away until i look like me again...
Hopeeveryone else is coping better than me!
What a wimp....

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope all goes well with your final chemo Erin! enjoy the champers!!
Evie hope yr app goes well!
i have got appt with onc today as follow up of last chemo, haven't lost nails but finger tips and toes very sore and numb!
Evie like you this exhaustion is really getting on my nerves! got lots of questions for onc today!
Went in to school last week and saw my class who asked when i was coming back, so sweet! But couldn't cope at the moment!!

love to all, rach did you have a good weekend???

Debs xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Erin you have every right! I was offered plastic surgery after all the treatment and a reduction if thats what i wanted. I may well have plastic surgery if the radiotherapy leaves my boob with a crater as i like low cut tops!

All ok in our household. This stupid fatigue is getting on my pip as i have so much to do and no oomph to do it! House slowly falling apart..looks like gypsies live here.

Seeikng oncoligist today. She wasnt the onw who cancelled my last chemo so i hope she doesnt got mad! Am still injecting myself every day incase chest pain is a blood clot but scan not till next thuraday!! Ridiculous. If it was a PE id be dead by then!! Hope ONC cancels these injections as they hurt!! wimp.

Anyway hope Rach is ok. Assume poorly or away?

Everyone else good luck with chemo an crossing-well limping-accross the line. My mate lost her toenail erin and still has an ongoing infection 6weeks or so later.

S
X

Guest user
Not applicable

hi chris did u keep your hair,im havin my last fec on monday i have lost most of my hair on top kept the back and fringeso just wear hats.my kids are off school with colds hoping i dont catch it.it is quite on here weres mummytumbles she allways makes me laugh.xxxx

only1chris

Well done Erin!

Guest user
Not applicable

Good morning dear buddies, hope this week is a better one for all. Hope the lack of posts on here over the last few days has meant everyone has better things to do and having fun, rather than in the doldrums!

Am off for FINAL chemo at 11 o/c. Hoo-bl**dy-ray! That's if I can walk there - big toe-nail is coming off and is very sore (anyone else losing their nails or is it the Capecitabine - trial drug - that's doing it). Having to wear ghastly old sandals all the time - very fetching!

Have also asked for 2nd opinion re surgery - having found out that there is a very highly regarded oncoplastic breast surgeon at my own hospital! I was not told this by my consultant, just happened to overhear someone, then did some research. Seems the surgery I will have depends on funding/local policies/postcode lottery - no surprises there then. No matter about my emotional state (or anyone elses. Had to go back to my GP for referral, they don't make it easy and that is the point of course, just like applying for benefits, "they" hope you will give up. Not me, I may be a BFM with no nails but my feisty character is still there going strong!

Good luck to anyone else having the swamp juice this week - I'm going to buy some champers to bring to CP.

Lots of love and big kiss to everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I have also put on about 2 stone! Look and feel like the michelin man!! Pauline great idea about diet club!!

Hope everyone is ok, love debs xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

ive started my diet 2day,if i get any bigger we will have to get the door widened.lol.anyway hope u r all well i feal abit scared of finishin treatment does that sound stupid,got to get my last cemo out the way ive only got to have three weeks radio take care xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry Janice, meant I've got my 4th chemo on the 26th!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello ladies, hope everyone had lovely weekends. Had a great time at the charity ball on Saturday night, apart from ruining the end by getting so hammered I fell over and had to go home so missed the music and dancing! Did win a tin of chocolates in the raffle though; just what I need, as if I haven't put enough weight on. Def up for a diet thread in January, probably be about 5 stone heavier by then 😞

Pauline, glad you've got your rads appt through. Good luck with it.

Janice, I've got my 3rd chemo on the 26th, so you're only a day behind me!

Sue, sorry you're still feeling breathless and tired; did you have your scan yet? Also sorry about the bunny; it seems to be one thing after another!

Wow Mumszy, well done on losing 5lbs in one week. How the hell did you manage that????

Pix, glad you enjoyed your gig, but very disappointed in your feeble drinking attemps 😉 Oh, I remember the good old days of moshing when I was a hardcore rock chick, wish I could turn back the clock a few years....

Lulu, it's great that you've found a new interest. Wish I had the talent to paint. Really must motivate myself to start piano lessons, seeing as I bought a piano a few months ago and it's just sat there collecting dust!

Drabble, if my hubby did what your mate's hubby did I'd be shredding a lot more than just his clothes, lol!

Caro xxxxxx