69897members
367420posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming out the other side - one year on!

3,021 REPLIES 3,021

Re: Coming out the other side - one year on!

4 year visit to onc this week - thinking too much again so popped on here to see how all my "year mates" were doing... Not much news recently. Hope that means we are all getting on with life and being les worried. Love to all

Chris

Posted on behalf of new user patricia - Jo, Facilitator

hello 1 year on, and 1st check up this wednesday for breast cancer. could anyone tell me what happens on this appointment. i have had a chest infection and now find i am trippinng up and feeling swimmey when sitting down. my periods have not stopped too got heavier whilst taking tamoxefen x

Good luck for Monday Lulu
Lozza xx

Not been on this thread for yonks! And neither has any of us lol.

its so sad to see comments from ladies no longer with us..... Hope all the may 2009 girls are getting on with life OK

i have my annual mammo and appt with my onc on monday with a view to coming off tamoxifen or changing to an AI or maybe even staying on tamox or longer.... Will see what he recommends.

sending much love and hugs xxxx

Sheena - I am really shocked and so very sorry to hear what an awful time you've had. My thoughts and best wishes are with you at this time honey. Look after yourself. And to anyone checking in over the Festive season, much love and joy to you all.
alex
xxxx

My first time on here in months and months. As some of you will know, 2011 has been pretty horrendous for me. Two more ops and one still to come, and my husband walked out on me and our three year old, just days after my last op.

2012 has got to be better ......!

Love and hugs to you all and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas xxxxxxxxxx

just dropping in to wish all my 2009 BC buddies a wonderful Christmas and a happy healthy 2012... god where does the time go....sending you all a big hug

HAPPY CHRISTMAS XXXXX

Hi lovely ladies

I miss you all and also loads of girls I have lost touch with - I did have a lot of fb buddies, then went through a phase where I wanted to blot out the cancer stuff so didn't keep them as friends. Needless to say I regret it now!! I hope you all have a peaceful festive season.
Thanks for your support - much appreciated 🙂

xxx

Hiya yvette

It's been a while how is it going with you?

And hiya to the rest of the may 09 gang

Lxx

Hi Alex,

Sending you and your hubby well wishes!

Saying a big *hi* to everyone.

Love and hugs!

Hi Alex, don't know you but saw charlie boreman on tv this am discussing testicular cancer and how well it responds to chemo...love to all and good wishes XXXX jeanette

Alex really sorry hubby did turn out to have testicular cancer but that's great news about chemo and outcome stats.

Lulu x

Hi Lovelies

Rach - fantastic news. Lu -inspiring as always 🙂
We were at Edinburgh on Monday and got great news too. Hubby's cancer doesn't appear to have spread and they reckon one blast of chemo will give over 95% chance of no recurrence (wish my stats were that good lol!)
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I really miss you guys and this forum.

alex
xx

Pauline I'll try and help as much as I can I wish all BCNs would have a bit of insight some I think forget you are a person and just treat you as part of their job.... But alll the BCNs who have inspired me have been very understanding and treated you like an individual and listed to your own concerns and not just what they thought you should do, feel, say because they read it in a textbook!

Rant over!

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow..... Big luffs xxxx

hello girls... lulu, your doing amazing hun, keep going, we are all with you. Rach, cant believe 2 of my bestiest friends could end up being BCN's and mine is rubbish.. maybe i need to move. Good luck rach, you will be amazing... hi to everyone else passing by xxx

Fab news Rach on both counts! Got my fingers well and truly crossed for your interview. Love and hugs ladies xx

All good in the mummytumbles house hold - the scan was OK!

Alex - how is you very own fab man?

I have a job interview in dec for a role as a BCN -i can believe it - fingers crossed xxxxx

love and hugs rach... sorry to hear you haver your own worries hunny xx

hi! to the rest of the old gang if you pop in now and then.

Lxx

Oh Alex I am so sorry to hear of your problems and your poor fab man. pls give him our love.

Lulu - you are a true inspiration huni xxx

love to all Rachel xxx

alex any news on your hubby?

Lx

Thanks guys - will let you know, funny its like this is the only place that feels comfortable to talk about stuff that is worrying xxx

Alex, so sorry to hear about your hubby. Dont know what to say...i just wanted to give you a big hug hun xxx

Hi Alexmay, so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope you get good news from his scan and that all the other crap goes away for you ! Although we are all getting on with things, life still manages to throw nasty surprises at us eh? Luckily I am going thru a good spell as my secondaries are all pretty stable at present. Wishing you better luck with everything going on for you xx Debs xx

Hi all, so good to see some familiar names here. Feeling a little low, though yes - 2 years + has passed since dx. My husband has a scan on Saturday morning - we think he might have testicular cancer. It just makes me feel like it's never ending. There are numerous other crappy things going on as well as this so I'm just feeling a bit fed up. xxx

hi girls just thought I'd have a quick look, BCC had been in my thoughts due to the article Pauline, julie and i did in womans own, hope we plugged these forums enough!!
Lulu you will beat the little b***ers this time, thinkong of you xxx

Lulu
I haven't been on here for ages, so was shocked to find out your news.
hugs xx

hey jue

bummer to get it again for the 3rd time... but hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky and zap the little f*cker to infinity and beyond.

hope to find out path and blood results today and maybe even get a date for that elusive CT.

Lxx

just want to say lulu, im so sad to hear your news, but know you are a fighter and that all your bc buddies are always hear for you, and charlie super ted says "hello"
even though i dont come on hear much , you all are always in my thoughts and love my cp buddies to bits j xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what made me think you would be passing through here lulu....at times like this we turn to each other dont we....big hugs from all your bc buddies xxx

*likes*

Lx

Maybe it should be 2 years on now girls!!! xxx

hey gang... well pauline really lol

all is well here had my annual breast mri eventually was supposed to be in may but kept forgetting to book it... still waiting on result but guessing they are fine or they would have been in touch by now.

had been a hard few weeks just passed as it was hazels anniversary... cant believe shes been gone a year.

hope your all ticking over and that all you monoboobs out there are getting your recons.

Lulu x

thankfully.....its quiet on here, must mean everyone is well and moving on....just checking up on you all.....if anyone else drops by....hello x

not been on here for months......was just thinking of my breast buddies and wondering how you all are.... obviously well as alls quiet on here...that makes me happy. Luv to each of you xxx

thank you everyone love to join thread on facebook, would love to pm and speak on facebook....xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BREASTCANCERCHATTER@groups.facebook.com.... if you want to join us google this address.....any problems pm me and i will tell you how to contact me personally...Im pauline...one half of the double act who has set the group up....anyone is welcome xxx

hellooooooo

may i give you a shout please,

thankyou would love to join you on facebook
xx

Hi sher...i had ine cut shorter and shorter till my style matched my wig....so when it came out it wasnt such a shock...i hope you get on ok with chemo...if you want to join us on face book we have a thread just for breastcancer ladies old and new. i will PM you details...anyone else wanting details just give me a shout.

hi my gerties, havnt been on here in months, i know your all plodding on as we chat on fb....but just wanted to keep our thread alive....its ours and its special, and as we can see still giving insperation to other ladies so we still doing good girls....luv to you all...pauline xxx

Hi and welcome shar. Many of us on this thread did wot you have decided to do. I had my bum-length dreadlocks shaved off just after my first chemo - i raised £750 for BCC and had a fantastic party to boot! It was like taking control and i felt i was doing a good thing so didn't shed a single tear. My mum did tho - and she's been threatening for years to cut my dreads off whilst i slept!!!
Best of luck with it - and the rest of your chemo.
xx

HI i wanted to read your thread to give me inspiration as I am just about to start chemo then radiothearpy, the latter dont know what to expect at all. chemo starts in 2 weeks scared but hopefull, but re hair growth i am opposite and about to have my cut, its long and dark down to my waist and i have taken control by setting up a sponsorship page with "Just Giving" for this charity, Breast Cancer Care. It was suggested to me and supported by my onc, hairdresser work colleagues etc, my way of taking control and i dont want it to just fall out and this way i can give something back to this great charity, thank you Love from Shar xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Speak to most of you on facebook now, but to those i dont and to those i do, I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a healthy New Year!

love Debs xxx

And the very same to you Sal xxxx

Hi all

I don't come on her often now but just wanted to wish everyone a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A GREAT HEALTHY NEW YEAR

Love Sally xx

rach how did the gynae appt go?

im going back to work tomorrow... will be exactly 7 weeks since my hysterectomy and feeling really pretty good although not 100%.... im staying on tamoxifen as dont really get any bad side effects from it and consultant is happy for me to stay on it... only have about another year left to take it anyway.

my next mammo is in 4 weeks so be good to get that out the road too.

dont work too hard yvette.

good luck with your op sharon... hope you will be on the road to recovery in time for our weekend away.

BTW there are still a couple of places available for the BC girlies Whitby weekend from 19th to 22nd nov if anybody is interested let me know.

Lxx

Hi Everyone!

Good luck to all of you who are going through a medical procedure right now. Am thinking of you and am sending you lots of love and positive thoughts.

Uni is back in full swing and the work hours are really really heavy. I am teaching two courses this term.. have my nose only just above the water!

I go for an onc appointment in December... only 5 more Zoladex treatments to go! Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I really don't know how my body is going to respond. Hence, I am hoping to get some advice on that.

Have to say, I really miss the activity that we used to have on here. You are all such wonderful, beautiful ladies!

Sending you all big hugs!

Yvette

I have my gynae appointment tomoz - hopefully we will negotiate an oofrectomy so that should i want to get rid of the tamox and swap to another drug - i can...
Got a horrible feeling my lymphoedema arm has an infection - about to hive OOH ( out of hours) a ring..... god i never rains... lol
love to you all - I am looking forward to seeing you all really soon xxxx
btw - have you seen lissies blog - pm me and I'll send you her french blog spot

helloooooooooooo gerties

i know its a shock, just thought i would pop on , and glad i did, i do agree that there is some things that only bc girlies need to know, or have advise on!

wondered if any off you have been offered to flu jab this year, ive just rang the surgery and the receptionist wanted to know what was wrong with me, did i have asthama, i said no but i have a medical exception card for another 4 years, she then booked me in

lisa hope the bone scan went ok ,

looking forwards to seeing all the girlies at whitby, take your thermals
julie m x

Just thought I would pop on and say hello to everyone, looking forward so much to whitby, got my double mx on 6th november so hoping that i will be well on the way to recovery by the time our weekend comes along.
Cant wait to catch up, relax and have a good gossip, thinking about you all, love you lots mrs f xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi lovelies
Just wanted to check in to let you know I am thinking about you all. I agree that FB just isn't the same. Rach - hoping your ok. Lu, good news about the CA125 reading. I had a hysterectomy a few years ago because of a very large fibroid. You will be fine. Its blooming sore post-op but they give you a morphine pump so great pain control. Pauline - hope your booby is getting better. Jayney - congrats on finishing herceptin.

take care all
alex
xxx

Hi everyone,

Jayney, congratulations on finishing your herceptin! 🙂

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Lots of love,

Yvette