1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Champions....

36 REPLIES 36

Re: Community Champions....

No I DO mean Heather.........maybe I'd better make a memory clinic appointment insteadSmiley Happy.......! 

I mean Feather.......really must make that optician's appointment......

Thank you Heather - so kind of you. xxxx

blueash

You summed it up perfectly.

I am the same, each month I start a new post on the rads thread for the ladies who are starting and those who are completing that month, hopefully it is a help as i know just how much I was helped by the wonderful ladies who went through it before me xx

Well thank you - your appreciation is very welcome. We are not in anyway special, we are just a bit further on in the journey is all. Many women helped and supported us and we just do the same for others.

It is important that we check on the newer people and point them in the direction of support. I have had chemo so one of my jobs is to point out that it is not nearly as bad as the thought of it is. I used a cold cap and kept lots of hair, and hair loss is what most are dreading. Chemo is a bit rough at times but lots of us have had it and we are still here xxx.

Thanks so much for your lovely post, Heather.

Loads of best wishes for the op & do keep in touch.

ann x

Heather wishing you a speedy recovery from your op x big hugs x

Heather

Well if we are brave warriors you at the lady at the head of us all my darling xx  What a wonderful poem and you better keep in touch with us, remember you are living proof that it does not always turn out to be cancer

Sending you loads and loads of hugs xxxx

Wow Heather, what a wonderful piece of poetry - that reflects so many of our journeys.  

None of us want to be here but, my god, it's so much easier to deal with each and every little challenge knowing that there's a whole virtual world out of there of people who care, have been there, or maybe have just arrived or are happily way down the road just watching over us newbies.

It's really humbling, such special ladies xx

Came here a few weeks ago

With fear in my heart and a future no more

The CCs and members were all so kind

You saved me from going out of my mind.

My journey is not over yet

A small "op" to go and I think I'll be set.

Brave young warriors, carry on your fight

Take it from me ---your "win" is in sight.

With love and best wishes from an old biddy. who doesn't really deserve to get off so lightly.  I will keep in touch and will check in now and then.....my heart really does ache when I see what you are all going through.  Take care .....Heather xxxx

They are a bit crazy Sue, but they're helping to keep me sane! Smiley Happy xx

Marma (I will stop there don't know what my phone might predict you as) feel free to join in any or all of our crazy threads. Sorry to see you here but hope we can help in some way xx

Welcome Mamadeacs! x Sorry you've got to join us, but you'll find everyone's very friendly xx

Heartfelt thank you from me also.
I only came across the site last Monday when I had my biopsies and was looking for I think reassurance that what the Doctor was telling me was what I was hearing. Diagnosed yesterday so will be hanging around for a few months now. Only done a couple of posts but you kindly replied straight away, I am very grateful and it's certainly giving me a positive mental attitude. Xx

You have all been so amazing with your support for me..thankyou so much xx

Yes - a BIG Thankyou to all the CCs who are always there with words of comfort, support and care.  You are so important to all who come on to this site . Thankyou again xxxx

Yes thank you all very much! Smiley Happy xx

Brilliant work done by the Community Champions, also quick to reply. 

Peggyxxx

Ditto x that is all ❤️

Fantastic post anitajane! A massive hear hear! Xxxxx

Hear hear!

I would like to add my thanks too. I have only been here for a couple of weeks, but I wish that I had found it in that horrible 2 weeks between initial diagnosis and confirmation. I have been so much more calm since I have read about other people's experiences and it is great to have the wisdom and care of those who have been through this and have come out the other side as well as comparing notes with those who are at the same stage.

Well done BCC & CC 👏

Here, here.  I'm raising a glass (ok it's a cup of coffee, but it's still a cheers) to the amazing CC's xxx

What a fantastic post,  would just like to echo what has already been said,  the support on here is amazing, and before i got on this journey, i never even imagined i would ever need support like this. 

Thankyou so much to our community champions  and members.

Debbie xxx

Anniej
Community Champion

Thank you, Anitajane, for your kind words . I'm paying back for the help and support I had when I was diagnosed. There'll be others coming along after . Good luck. X

What a fantastic post Anitajane! Why didn't I think of it:D
I think you speak on behalf of all of us and we all echo your post!
Thank to all the CCs and to the members too, who I'm sure will become CCs too in the future!
We get to rant, moan, shout all we can on here and there's always a CD to listen to us.xxx

Yes,I'd like to echo that too, your all amazing! So helpful and reassuring. Thank you x 

Anita, Cherry and Rhona

Thank you so much for your lovely words, they are so kind.  As the other champions have said it wont be long before you will be supporting the ladies who follow you on this journey .  We are always here for you to help in whatever way we can. 

I remember when i first joined in November year, I was already six weeks post op and wished i had found it sooner because I was immediately enveloped in support and such care by those ladies before me who knew exactly what I was going through

xxx

Anita & Cherry, thanks so much for your lovely words.
We're no different to any of you, its just that we're further down the road with it all & if our experience helps, well that's great.
Anyway, it's certainly a fab bunch of women who post here, wherever we're at with it all.
& thanks to BCC for hosting this lovely forum.
ann x

I fully expect that some of you newbies will be joining us in the not too distant future to share your wisdom with the next generation of the just diagnosed. That's what's so great about this community.

Ruth xx

So lovely to read a post like this, we are just ladies who have been exactly where you are and have tried to put our experiences to some use by sharing them with others, nothing special but so important to know you are not alone and that there is light at the end of the never ending tunnel you will feel that your in right now! Xx

Spoiler

Sue C
Community Champion

You're very welcome! Happy to help xx

This is a lovely thread. I'm fairly new to the site, but was warmly welcomed by the community champions and then of course the lovely ladies using the forum.xx

Just wanted to echo these thoughts. Huge thanks to all the women on here who are always so quick to respond with a reassuring comment and a virtual hug. At a time when life has been turned upside down it really does mean a lot xxx 

Jill1998
Community Champion

What a lovely post -we have all been there and understand how much it helps for someone to reply to you who really understands - I cried with relief when people responded to my initial desperate first post 2 years ago !!!

Bless your heart Anita - so kind of you to post this. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Community Champions....

Good evening all,

So I found myself on this forum in complete shock on 1st August after routine mammogram on 26th July which resulted in ultrasound and biopsy in the same visit and a BC diagnosis on G2 IDC soon after.  I now have my treatment plan as detailed on another thread with surgery booked for 20th September.

My post tonight is not about me and my journey (for a change!) - it is purely to say a massive thank you to the amazing ladies in shining armour who go by the title of 'Community Champions'.  These 'virtual' ladies are always there and I'm not sure they know how important they are.  I felt so devastated and alone with my diagnosis initially and I was overwhelmed with the instant support that came, in particular, from the CCs on this forum (do you every sleep? 🙂 and also from other ladies going through this rubbish journey.

It has inspired me to sign up to support the charity monthly to make sure this wonderful support continues.

Amazing support, thank you CCs so much for ALWAYS being there.  You are just awesome x