Concerned about biopsy

Hi ladies,
I had a FNB on Monday and will get the results next week. My concern is that the doctor umm’d and ahhh’d about doing a core biopsy but didn’t as she said she’d see what the results of the FNB were first. From what i’ve read FNB can be inaccurate and I’m concerned something will be missed.
Am i worrying unnecessarily???
Lucy x

Hi

I’m the worst for second guessing and asking for more than is on offer because I never want to be in the future and ask the dreaded ‘what if …?’ question.

Don’t panic yet! Wait and see what the results are and what happens next. If you don’t feel satisfied raise your concerns. Explain what you have read and that you’re worried about something being missed. It might be that there are reasons for this particular approach that you’re not aware of, lots of medical staff don’t explain things unless you ask. The NHS is generally good for things like this but, of course, individuals differ and so there is nothing wring in questioning things. Try not to feel intimidated by the Professionals - they are only human!

Can I ask if you’ve had any other tests?

X

Hi - thanks for replying. I had a mammogram and ultrasound - it showed to areas; one was a cyst which drained instantly so that wa sgreat. The second one - they found it very difficult to get the needle or to get anything back but managed to get a small amount of bloody fluid so that has been sent off to the lab.
Lx

Ok - so that’s good.

The ultrasound scan is good at picking up lumps and bumps that are missed on the mammogram. They have sorted one out and so just the one to look at, they’re obviously happy that there is nothing else.

I know it’s tricky, but try to look on the positive side - if they were really concerned they would go straight in. Part of what you’re feeling is the fear of the unknown and unfortunately the waiting makes this torture.

Try to be patient. Maybe you could write down a list of questions to ask or worries that you have ready for your next meeting, least you’ll feel as if you’re doing something.

X

Hi Lucy hope you feeling ok, I know how you feel had my FNB 13 days ago, get my results tomorrow. I wasnt aware that there is any doubt re the results. All I know is that they are graded 1-5, 1 being benign and 5 being malignant. A result of 3 or above requires further tests. I think like others have said that if doc had any real worries would have done core biopsy there and then. Fingers crossed all well for you. Take care. K x

Thanks Kay - really good luck for your results tomorrow. You’ve had along wait haven’t you? I really hope you get good news x

Thanks Lucy am going on the basis that if it had been bad news they would have called me in before now. K x

Let us know how you get on kay. Lx

Hi Lucy, Biopsy was clear, but dr not happy with lump so wants me back in 2 months if still there, which she thinks it will be, wants to do a lumpectomy. In the meantime told me not to worry as doesnt think it is anything aggressive so waiting will not be a problem. Hope your results are ok next week. Take care. K x

Hi Lucy, how did your appt go, hope all ok. K x