Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerned - is this "normal"?

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Concerned - is this "normal"?

Have spoken to BCN who said its nothing to worry about as prob just knocked a scab off and it seems to be old blood. Phew.

Guest user
Not applicable

Just got a mirror and had a proper look (not looked that closely before) and it looks like a bit of scab has been knocked off my nipple so looks like nothing to worry about and the blood is old blood (prob from bleed). Mind you I have some serious stretch marks on my new boob and I thought I was past them in my teens!

ForumMember

Hi there

It is probably blood left from Wednesday and if it isnt hot and red/swollen then its likely to be OK, but you should at least see a GP or nurse to may sure it isnt infected. I know its a hassle, but it would be more of a hassle if you get an infection.

Guest user
Not applicable

Concerned - is this "normal"?

Hi,

I had my mx and recon on the 22nd Sept, had a secondary bleed under the skin of my new boob on the 5th Oct and been told that my back scar isn't healing as well as they would like. No bleeding outside the skin up until last night. I have been having a real problem with sweating at night since the op and am not sure why (unless I am turning menopausal at the same time which would be just great at 39). I woke up this morning to find some spots of blood on the back of my t-shirt from the back scar and the front from a small spot where my new nipple is sewn to my old boob skin. The back seems to have stopped but the boob is still oozing a little bit of blood. Its not new fresh red blood more a browny colour.

I am trying to rationalise it by saying if its old blood and possibly from the secondary bleed last week its not an issue and perhaps my excessive sweating has weakened the scabs but I also have this voice worrying me.

I had very low blood pressure whilst in hospital and fainted once, I felt faint on Weds when the surgeon drained my back and when he said it was just blood he was draining and not the clear fluid I was expecting and had to lie down. The spot on my back where the surgeon drained by back took a while to stop bleeding and in fact there were still fresh spots of blood on my t-shirt yesterday morning.

I know I can ring my BCN but as I am being treated 20 miles away in Bristol and my OH is at work in Bristol I don't really want to be sent to see the doctor and all the hassle it will involve for my OH (he's had so much time off for me recently and more to come) if its nothing.

Any similar experiences or advice would be appreciated, x