Concerned

Hi
I had lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy which was negative on 29th January. My radiotherapy finished on 25th April. I have not really had any problems until today my armpit on surgery side is swollen and sore. Went to see GP he checked me but didn’t know what it is and was going to refer me to breast clinic. Problem is I am flying to Gibraltar next week to get married. He said to phone breast clinic in the morning to see if they could get me in before next week he will phone me tomorrow and if they can’t get me in he will refer me.
Anyone else had anything similar as you can imagine really worried. Probably back to not sleeping tonight.
Angie. X

Hi

You should be able to phone your breast cancer nurse direct, if you haven’t got a direct number then phone the clinic and ask to be put through. One of the bcns should be able to see you in the next couple of days if you stress the urgency.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Mary

Hi Mary
Thanks for your reply. I am going to phone this morning they would have been closed yesterday that’s why I went to see my GP. He is very good he is going to phone me later this morning to see how it went. Rather check it out before I go away. Hope you are well. I will post again later.
Angie. X

Hi Ladies

Thanks for your good wishes. I fly out to Gibraltar on Thursday, getting very excited. I can now think about something other than BC.

Take care everyone.

Angie. X