cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about lymph nodes

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Confused about lymph nodes

Hello,
Thank you for replying Lucy, Kat and Songbird.
Lucy, that link was helpful thank you.
Kat, how are you after your mastectomy? Do you need further treatment? Hope your results are good.
Songbird, that makes sense now you have explained it like that. Can't wait for all this to be over and done with xx

Hi Bumblegirl. My SIL went back in for node removal after SNB. They found no more evidence of cancer in the nodes. The reason they remove all the nodes is because if there is cancer, then they have cut it out, and prevented it spreading further from there.

I don't know if I have put that very well, but I hope you get the idea.:)

Take care, and big hugs:) x x x

it might be because of the amount of cancer cells in the lymph node. so don't risk it. I had all my nodes removed Thursday when had my mastectomy because of the grade 3 and amount of cancer in my node they biopsy. I'm just waiting on results of how many nodes affected. x

Hi Bumblegirl

Here's a link to the BCC information about lymph node surgery which may help, our helplines are open today 9-5 if you wish to call to talk your queries over on 0808 800 6000

(Helpline open Weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2)

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/treating-breast-cancer/surgery

Take care
Lucy BCC

Confused about lymph nodes

Hello,

I am rather confused about lymph nodes. I hope this will make sense as it's late and I'm tired lol.
If the sentinel lymph nodes are the first lymph nodes that breast cancer would go to then how come if only one node is positive out of the snb you sometimes have to have all of the nodes removed?
For example, my Mum had two sentinel lymph nodes removed for biopsy and one was positive and the other was negative but she has to have all of the nodes removed.
Surely if it is only in one then it wont have gone to any others?
Also I'm really worried that it could have spread somewhere else if it is in the nodes xxx