cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about whats going on!

4 REPLIES 4
slc2412

Re: Confused about whats going on!

I phoned the breast clinic just after i posted, as my appointment is for the 21st, the lady i spoke to wasn't sure about it, so got someone else to phone me back, who still wasn't sure but said it was definately my appointment and that it might just be for my results. God knows why they've sent me to a surgeon and to a different hospital for my results tho! Still not sure whats going on. Thanks for your responses 🙂 x sarah

Reanne

Sounds like someone has made a mistake. Surgery should only be arranged after a patient has had all the information needed to make an informed choice and clearly you haven't, as you haven't even had any results back. If there was an urgent reason as to why they wanted you to have surgery at at a different hospital, someone would have contacted you to explain. Have you got a popular surname? I work in a hospital and if there are two patients with the same name, often there is confusion and letters go out to the wrong people. As Elinda says, go back to the GP or leave a message for them to contact you as soon as possible and ask what is happening.

elinda45

Hi Sarah

You should have been better informed. I would go to your GP and ask him/her what is happening. The doctor you saw would have written to your GP. Alternatively, ring the secretary of the doctor you saw (or the Consultant if the doctor you saw wasn't the consultant) and ask them to explain what is going on.

You do need to know what is happening and how soon you are going to be seen again.

Good luck with it all
take care
elinda x

June_BCC

Hi slc2412

Welcome to the forums, this is a very worrying time for you but you have come to the right place for support and advice from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.
In the meantime you may find it useful to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000, opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 – 2.00

Best wishes
June, moderator

slc2412

Confused about whats going on!

Hi all, i recently found a lump which initially got dismissed as hormonal, i went back to the doctors a few weeks later as the lump was still there and felt bigger. She then referred me to the breast clinic thinking it was a cyst that could be drained. 2 weeks later i went to the breast clinic, they ultrasounded me as I am only 22, got sent back to the doctor who said he needed to biopsy it as it was a solid lump. He said I would have to go back there in 4 weeks to get my results...however I have received an appoitment through, but it is for a different hospital and I have been referred to surgery? Was just wondering if this has happened to anybody else?

Thanks very much 🙂 Sarah