Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused!

5 REPLIES 5
ann-m
Community Champion

Re: Confused!

Hi Debbie,
We flew to NZ earlier this year, I'm on tamox & was advised to take aspirin for the flights, as well as move around & keep hydrated, which I did with no problems.
There seems to be some conflicting advice out there.
ann x
MysteryMouse

Hi Debbie 1964

When I was on Tamoxifen I was allowed to fly but only did short flights of up to 4 hours and always wore sexy flight socks :O.  Was also advised not to drink any alchohol on the flight and to walk about a bit.

Prior to having my reconstruction though I had to stop the Tamoxifen for a month (2 weeks prior to the surgery and for 2 weeks after) this was as you say because it can cause blood clots and I believe is now quite standard practice.

Have a wonderful holiday! 🙂

MM

Debbie1964

They said it can cause blood clots, its one of the many side effects, where as letrozole doesnt, so they werent happy in me having it close to flying xx
Bondgirl

Hi, did they explain why you can't fly on tamoxifen 

Debbie1964

Hi mystery mouse, im on zoledex, and letrozole, they think im pre menopause, im told zoledex to put me in menopause, and letrozole to eat estrogen, they gave me letrozole, as im flying on holiday soon, and they said tamoxofin, i couldnt fly, i havent had my op yet, there maintaining my lump with these drugs till i get back in 2 weeks xx
MysteryMouse

Confused!

Hello

Bit confused but hey! 😛

I was on Tamoxifen solely for 2 years then was switched to Anastrazole solely as was thought I was post menpause.  However, after a couple of months I had a bleed and the onc decided I was not fully post menopause so added Zolodex into the mix which I understand shuts ovaries down and does make me post menopause. 

Just wondered why some ladies have Tamoxifen plus Zolodex though?  Think sometimes it's because they haven't had chemo?

Confused but hey what's new! 🙂

TIA

MM

xx