Confused

Hi, first time on here, not sure what to write except that I am very confused and frightened. Have been diagnosed with stage 2 and 3 BC with axilla?? (You can see how confused I am!!) . Am starting six months chemo in two days time, then double masectomy followed by possible radiotherpy which will be decided after operation…  I dont know how to feel, my family have cried, I find I cant cry, not sure if its because It hasnt sunk in yet or am frightened of upsetting my family even more than they are. I want to cry… I want to be angry but nothing is coming. Work is just plodding along and so am I. I havent been told a prognosis and not sure if I should ask what is my success rate, not sure if want to know. Sorry this isnt really a question but I guess somewhere to just say how I feel… confused, am I normal???

I understand exactly how you’re feeling. Being diagnosed is such a shock. This forum is so helpful as everyone on it knows how it feels and they have got through it. Give yourself time. Be kind to yourself. It will sink in gradually and those who love you will support you. 

lisa

Hello and welcome to the forum where you will get loads of help and support from the wonderful ladies on here.

Yep, what you are feeling is normal, you are having to take in a lot of information with terminology which is totally alien.  Take each day as it comes and you will get there xx

You have a breast care nurse, give her a call and ask her to clarify what the means for you.  They know that you are not going to be able to take everything in all at once and will be very happy to help to put things in laymans terms so that we understand it.  Dont know if you have got a notebook to write down all the questions you have so that you can ask them as and when you feel you want to, but have the comfort of not forgetting something.  I actually used mine to write down all the emotions I was feeling as I found it easier to deal with them that way and it helped me move forward.

I did not cry for ages in fact was a couple of months after I had surgery that I cried, and of all places in the doctors surgery where I had gone to get my prescription, she asked me how i was and I just burst into tears. 

That is the beauty of this forum, we can say things that we are scared to say to our family and friends for fear of upsetting them, but the ladies on here get you and know exactly what you are going through, you are not alone when u you have us lot around.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Hi Lisa just wanted to say I know exactly how you feel. I have recently been diagnosed with invasive lobular cancer with lymph node involvement. I start chemo on Monday, then a mastectomy, then radiotherapy and hormone treatment. Sending Hugs xxx

Hi Lisa,
Glad you found the forum & don’t worry about posting in whatever section, just go where you feel you need to.
This is the best place to start when newly diagnosed, whatever your diagnosis is, then ‘going through treatment’ when you start active treatment.
You have had one of the worst shocks anyone can have, but it does settle down & what you describe is common to most of us.
Do come & chat or vent whenever you need to.
Sending hugs
ann x