Contraception and tamoxifen

Im not sure if im posting in the right place so please let me know if i need to move it.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 so its been nearly 7 years.
Ive been on my own for 5 years but ive finally started dating again but i obviously need to address the conversation of contraception as my periods have decided to make a bit of an appearance this last few months. Probably because ive not taken my tamoxifen as i should.
I was on the combination pill from the age of 17 due to irregular periods. But cant take that now. Periods are still irregular and painful.
So can anyone tell me what they have been recommended to take or use since diagnosis. My gp is pretty useless so not getting my sense there and my gp nurse says shes not qualified to deal with contraception and cancer diagnosis so need to find a family planning clinic. Went to one today but after 3 hrs waiting to see a doctor gave up.

Hi Smiles,
I’m not in your age group, but others may well share their experiences on this.
Sorry that your gp was not helpful & that the fpc did not come through. Is it worth giving the fpc another go or finding another clinic, as that would be the place to start.
It may also be an idea to post in ‘ask the nurses’ section, for advice & signposting.
ann x

Thank you Ann for replying xx