cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooking in September/October

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Cooking in September/October

Hi Lisa thanks, under my arm is sore tight as well, still peeling for Britain, ill get there

I am booked to go on the young womans forum in March in Scotland, looking forward to it

thanks

love n hugs

Carol xxxx

lisa_lisa

Hi Carol and ladies

Im just over one week finished rads and I am also peeling !!!!! keep putting cream on but skin is so dark where the burn is . Looks like ive been cooked on barbi shoulder and arm pit is really stiff and have lost use in it have the same use in it as after surgery .
Carol I have said since the surgery I had cancer so now after what we have all been trough its only right to say WE HAD CANCER , ITS THE LEAST WE DESERVE xxx
just had great weekend at young womens forum in brum recommed it ladies got loads of info and free weekend away fab XXXXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carol,

Sorry you are suffering. You need to use pure Aloe Vera gel 3 or 4 times a day for the peeling and take Piriton for the itching. Pain killers too if you need them. Your problem will resolve in about a week. It is a pity that no-one warns us that things get worse after the Rads.

E

Guest user
Not applicable

cant believe it, im shedding skin from my nipple and under my arm like mad, its so bloody itchy and my boob is killing me, I thought great finnished rads, the end, how wrong was I, dont want to scare you guys, but ive been totally honest all the way through!!

just feeling sorry for myself today, never mind ive got x factor and strictly tonight to look forward to, mabye even have a glass of wine to numb the pain

hope you rads babes all have a fabby weekend

love and loads of hugs

Carol xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Purpleheart

Ref the hot flushes, my onc has said to try evening primrose oil 1g a day as ive been getting hot flushes at night since i start taxotere of which i had last one 4 weeks ago and as im going to start taking the tamoxifen soon they will prob get worse, but if after 6 weeks they havent helped to go and see her ans she will perscribe me something that will help.

hope this is of some help to you

take care Sally x

Guest user
Not applicable

No pictures in Cardiff hos but do have radio 2 on so depending on time of appt depends on what you get. Last couple of days had Jeremy Vine & his topical discussion.

Any ideas on how to cope with the hot flushes? Especially in bed, I get too hot to sleep & have to kick bed clothes off, then 10 min later I'm freezing cold.

Becoming extremely emotional at the moment could cry for no reason. I'm also getting stressed out by my son even though he's just trying to be loving. He just doesn't know when to stop.

Congratulations to all those of you that have finished.

annalou24

Well done Jellylegs!How many rads are you having?Pity you don't get pics or music...I had "Freedom" by Wham today !!

Only 5 to go!
have a good weekend everyone

Anna xx

Jellylegs

Hi everyone,
I've just had my first Rad today. So glad I know what to expect now. Was very dissapointed because my machine broke down and I had to be moved to another room And................NO MUSIC or PICTUREs lol xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm new to this. I started my RT last Wednesday & have had 8 out of 23 sessions. I have had to contend with many of the symptoms that you have discussed such as the soreness not just in the breast area, underarm but also the back of my arm. I find that I'm extremely tired all the time, often feel sick & have a metalic taste in my mouth. I have dizzy spells too.

What has really worried me this week is my period, it was much heavier than normal with clots in it. When I got out of bed Monday the blood was running down my legs. I had a shower & by the time I got out I was covered again. I wondered if this was normal.

I find the travel a bind as it is a 37 mile round trip. Some days my appointments have run on time, some days they have been upto an hour late. Yesterday I was in and out before my alloted appointment time. Today there was a notice saying they were 40 mins behind but by the time I had been treated I noticed that I was only 20 mins late.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to pop in again and say thanks for your really helpful posts - I check in everytime I can get to a computer as I have no access at home...
I've just finished my first full week of 5 days and 7/15. I've been pretty uncomfortable since the 5th one and they kept me behind for a chat today to say that it's going to get a lot worse next week and that I should start taking anti inflamitory pain killers as they can help some ladies who start suffering with swelling. I didn't get on at all well with the aqueous cream either but pure aloe seems to be helping a lot. I have very fair skin which is probably what's behind it all but I thought I'd just pass on this info. Oh yes, and a bamboo/cotton vest has been brilliant for stopping friction making things worse.

Carol - Thanks again for starting this thread - So glad you are finished and have your holiday to look forward to.

I hope you all have a lovely w/end off the cooking schedule!
Love Minx

hollymeg

hi sally and everyone, can i join you? another from the other thread. Finally got my date for planning, next wednesday so hopefully i will be starting with the rest of you and finished before xmas hopefully. Nice to be joining some familiar faces over here.

Have a good weekend, luv Pauline xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,
Thanks for your welcome. Planning went fine but I am actually starting on 28th, not 26th, as I am only having 18.
Times are all over the place,which is a pain as I have to fit them round work.

Sally- I am feeling really good now chemo is a memory,hope it continues.Started taking Arimidex last week and just hoping the SE don't happen!

Carol-very good point about do you still have BC or have you had it.Not sure what to say.

Looking forward to holidays is a good idea. After all we have been through we deserve something very special.I wish I could give up work and travel forever!

take care all
Annie x

annalou24

Hi all

Carol, sorry to hear about the soreness etc. Just when you thought it was all over as well ! I don't know when we can start talking about BC in the past tense either. The sooner the better in my opinion!

Glad to hear about everyone having holidays booked. Something to look forward to must be good for us.

I have done 9 rads, 6 to go. Skin still ok but nipple feeling a bit sore. Mega tired today but probably because I trekked round town after rads and got myself a new coat!

Take care all

Anna x

gocat

Yep well thats all my sessions finished at last. Not celebrating too soon though as Im sure my skin will break down going by others posts. Got some more gauze, cream and jelli stuff that you put in the fridge and can put on hot bits.
Only 9 more sleeps to holiday Dotchas lol

dotchas

Carol,sorry to hear you are so sore.I better not get too excited about finishing if I am going to be sore 😞
The hydrocortisone and anti-histimine seem to be helping,but my chest still looks like that of a spotty adolescent!
Gocat.............yippeee you are finished,whens the holiday? How many sleeps?
Love
Spotty dotty
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, how are you all doing?

I cant believe how painful my boob and underarm are this week, apparently its normal, its bloody sore.

Love and hugs

Carol xxx

gocat

14 out of 15 sessions completed and my skin under my boob is getting rather sore and threatening to break.
Hope not as got a long haul flight on the 24th Oct.
Cant wait to get tomorrow over and done with though. Have found rads taking over my life as I live 25 miles from the hospital.

dotchas

Thats great Carol,we are going at the end of February.I can't wait!
We need something to look forward to.
Take care and enjoy the time off work! LOL!

Dot
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

well thats me booked up for a week in Lanzarote in November, just a week to chill out as I am not going back to work until after christmas.

as all my treatment has now finnished apart from tamoxifen, do I now say ive got breast cancer or ive had breast cancer!!!!!

love n hugs

Carol xx

dotchas

I took an antihistimine last night and it really helped with the itching.
I saw the nurse today who has given me a mild hydrocortisone cream to help.Now why couldn't someone have done that yesterday?
So anyone with itching try an antihistamine.
Good luck to all with spots,black,white,pink or green LOL!

Hi Annie,nice to "meet" you.I hope your planning went OK,yours rads start the day I finish.

Hope everyone is cooking nice and gently.

Love spotty dotty
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Welcome Annie nice to see another familiar face I think we'l be having more from the other thread soon. more the mearier i say lol

im having no11 of 15 in a couple of hours and so far so good, no redness or soreness but have got rather tight across chest and underarm (mascetomy area) but not unbearable just doing a few exercises.

How are you Annie after finishing the chemo... i still have heavy legs but its only just over 3 weeks since my last swamp juice.get plenty of E45 in and use it morning and night on breast area

Anyway better dash as ive got to sort washing out before i go.

take care

hope everyone is ok love to all

Sally xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Annie, welcome to this thread, you will be suprised how quickly rads goes, I cant believe I am all cooked!!!

everyone else, hope you are all ok

love n hugs

Carol xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,Hope I can join your site.Like Debs,I recognise some names.
I have my planning appt today.I've been waiting since last chemo on 3rd Sept,so glad it's here at last!
Looks like I'll be starting on 26th ,same as you Debs. Not keen on having to go to the hospital all through Nov,but at least it will be over by Christmas.
Will be glad of all your helpful advice.
Hope you are all doing ok

Annie x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Anna, yep the black spotty things only appeared when I finnished, not very pretty but my sister in law is a nurse and she says it can happen and will clear.

glad to hear your daughter had a good birthday, I sometimes feel just now I am over compensating with my kids, but I think they have caught on now!!!

Dot, hope the antihistimenes work.

hope evryone is good

love n hugs

Carol xx

dotchas

Woohoo!
16 down 9 to go...........I'm in single figures now!

I am having a problem with itchy spots on my chest.The radiographers were not too interested but they are driving me nuts.
Going to try not using the simple soap tonight and take some antihistimines today.

Love spotty dotty
xxx

annalou24

Hi everyone,
7 down, 8 to go. Can't believe I am almost half way through already. No real side effects yet, although I have had a slight feeling of tightness under my armpit. I think that's a sign that I should start dong my exercises again!
I do feel tired but I think that's more as a consequence of getting up at 6.30am every day to get my lad off to school and of it having been my daughter's birthday at the weekend ( bowling and restaurant with six 9-10 year old girls!!)
Carol, the blackhead things sound gross ! Did they only appear you had finished ?
Sally, hope your cold is a bit better. I am on Tamoxifen ( have been for a month). There's a thread on here called "Tamoxifen buddies wanted" where there are some interesting posts. Tamox has given me loads of spots on my face. Hope rads don't give a matching set for my chest....!

Take care everyone

Anna x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

well thats 9 down 6 to go and counting, had phsyo today aas well so have got a new lot of exercises to do now.. oh joy.

chest not feeling so tight now but have got a cold so still having to take my temp as only finished chemo just over 3 weeks ago. No redness or soreness still i keep looking at the areas waiting for it to show, have an 8.20 tomorrow and then the rest are all lunchtimes but do feel tired now ive stoped. yet an early night again for me i guess

glad everyones ok

are any of you taking tamoxifen, i start mine next week, more hot flushes i think, ive been geting them since Tax no1.

take care all
Sally xx

dotchas

Oh I am glad to hear everythings OK Lisa.I read your other post.
My tiredness seems to come and go.But my spots are breeding!

Dot
xx

lisa_lisa

Hi ladies ,Hi Debs hope your doing ok
Glad to hear everyone seems to be going through this part of treatment so quickly , tiredness seems to be kicking in 5 days after last zapping ,
Had bit of a scare today with good bobbie but its ok ....
hope everyone enjoyed the bit of sun shine today
Lisa

dotchas

Only 10 to go!

Here we go for another week!

I had to wait a wee bit today as they were treating a child under anaesthetic.Its just so sad.

I now have spots all down the edge next to my cleavage.I seem to have a teenage cleavage!They are itchy too,driving me nuts.

We had a lovely time at the wedding on Saturday night.I managed to stay right to the end.But I was a bit pooped yesterday!
It was nice to see my colleagues and some ex-colleagues.

Dot
x

Little_H

Hi Carol,

Just wanted to say that the "blackhead" appearance does go.I finished my rads on 16th Sept and except for the area where I had the boosters(that's improving too) the skin is looking quite normal.There's still an overall pale tan look to the boob but that doesn't bother me.

Now if I could just get rid of this awful insomnia!!

Take care,

Little H x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Sally, I have that too, spoke to the nurse and she says its just down to the radio!!!, what I have now noticed that ive finnished is loads of wee black marks all over my boob, they are like blackheads, its horrible.

cant blieve I dont need to go to hospital today for treatment, need to go to do a big food shop, dont know whats worse, but take as much effort, ive got my boys off school this week as its mide term so they can help.

hope all you rads babes do well this week.

love n hugs

Carol xoxoxo

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Just thought id ask if anyone has suffered tightness of the chest going around to the back as yesterday and today i have felt it... im sure i have read someone else on here has had it but cant seem to find the post.

feel ok otherwise

hope you r all having a nice weekend
Sally x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

had no8 today so thats me half way now.... no redness or sore bits so far just tight under arm and over scar area.. apparently its normal. been wearing vests with boob bit in as my bra rubs on the area near drains where im having rads its alot mor comfy too even though im not sore.

Any ladies having rads thats had a mascetomy ive been told to go back to the comfie cushion boob thing rather thatn the prothetis ( sorry abt spelling LOL) whle having rads. feels dead weard gong back to wearing that again, im walking lopsided LOL

well the weekend off for us all, hope you all enjoy it

welcome Debs , wont be long till your sizzeling as well

love Sally xx

dotchas

Hi Debs,

Welcome to radsland!
It really is a doddle.Its just a bind going in every day.
I finish on the day you start.
Love
Dot
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello to all on this thread, i have seen a few well known names!
I have just read through all 16 pages and will be shopping for cream and vests at the weekend!! thanks for all the tips and advice!

I had my last chemo 10 days ago and begin 4 and a half weeks of rads on 26th Oct. I have had my planning and tattoos done!

will keep reading now for more advice!!
love from Debs xxxx

annalou24

Hey, well done Carol, enjoy your celebrations !

Dot, have a great time tomorrow evening.

I have done 5 out of 15. Can't believe how quickly it's going. Had some images today and have also had the wire thing stuck on my chest to measure the dose.

No music today, but yesterday it was "Boogie Wonderland". Isn't that by Earth, Wind and FIRE ??

Have a good weekend everyone,

Anna x

dotchas

Carol..............go celebrate girl!
It is weird when you get to the end of treatment and can sometimes leave you feeling a bit isolated or abandoned.But just take it easy and look after yourself.
We had a wee celebration last night for getting halfway.
Let us know how your poor nipple gets on,they say we keep cooking after its finished.
Well thank heavens its the weekend ,I can have a long lie. We have a wedding tomorrow evening so will have to see which dress hides my red bits best.
Hope everyone one is cooking away nicely and has a wonderful weekend.
Love
Dot
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

19/19 thats me fully cooked, fried in some bits!!!! 3rd degree burns on my nipple, cant believe its over, it was a bit weird walking out of hospital knowing thats treatment ended!!!

got a bottle of champagne for my birthday yesterday, so that will be getting popped tonight.

hope all the rest of the lovely rads babes get on ok.

take care everyone and have a fab weekend

love n hugs

Carol xxx

Gennie

I had a load of images taken the first few times. Now I arrive to find a very attractive image of me on the table, black & white, from the breast up, with a bright yellow boob. I think they are just checking the radiation isn't going beyond where it should be. I've also twice now had wires attached to my boob where they measure the dose to the skin.

I'm on dose 9 of 19 tomorrow (4 boosts due at the end, was marked up for those today). My boob feels bruised and is getting a bit pink
now but nothing awful. There are other people in my unit waiting for neck rads and their necks are purple, black & peeling with burns. Hard not to stare...........with utter sympathy as much as anything else.

dotchas

Yipeee 13 down 12 to go so more than half way now!It has gone much quicker than I thought.
I did some shopping on the way home as I wasn't feeling too tired but now I am home and sat down,I am pooped!

Happy Birthday to the birthday girls!

Carol,just one more! Thats Great!

Love
Dot
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Happy Birthday Carol

Lisa... oh to be 40 again haha, you'l have a great time what ever you do

Just had zap No7, noticed abit of fluid building up near scar end again (had problem with soroma after op) so nurses keeping an eye on it, my scare area feels tight as day goes on, so gonna have to start doing the exercises again...tut... no redness or soreness either ...yet lol

love to everyone

Sally xx

Guest user
Not applicable

18 down 1 to go and the nurses all sang happy birthday, I nearly cried must be the hormones, saving the celebrations until tomorrow when radio finnishes, cant believe how quickly it has went

thanks for all your kind birthday wishes. Lisa, my 40th was my best ever birthday, went to New York, amazing, my birthday lasted for about a month.

Everyone else, have a great day, take care

love

Carol xoxox

lisa_lisa

Hi Lovely ladies
yes Im going to celebrate when I go to the young ladies weekend ...some ladies of this site will be there too , thanks for all the well wishes you will all be finished before you know it !!!
I had no music and no pictures on the celing ...
Trying to think of a song that would go with treatment ...
All I can think of is Feeling hot hot hot !!!!

Hope this helps the imaging they mention is to see if every thing is being zapped where it should , I know a couple of ladies were worried they werent done I dont think the is the case its just they only tend to tell you about them if there out a bit . The machine does it as your beeing zapped so you wouldnt know . I belive its the larger piece of machinary that is always opposite the one the that is usually above you if that makes sense ??????

Going to slap some more cream onthey have toldme to stick to same routine for quite a while we keep cooking like a microwave so they say ...
cant remember all your names ( chemo brain ) but I agree a holiday is just what the doctor ordered ,,
Im celebrating my 40th in November and having a big party inviting over 150 gst so should be fun ....
Love Lisa x

annalou24

Hi all
no. 3 went ok. I get blossom images ( there seem to be different ones in each room: LA9 has apple blossom and LA8, where I had to go when something was broken in LA9, has forsythia!) and music but no images !! And no bubble wrap stuff either.

Today the radiologist asked me what I was up to and I said "shopping for my daughter's birthday tea tomorrow" she asked how old my daughter was and when I said "about to turn 10 ", she said " oooh you don't look old enough to have a 10 year old !" HA! I have a 12 year old as well LOL
Maybe she had forgotten her glasses !!!

gocat your rads place sounds rubbish I'd ask for my money back if I were you!!!

Carole happy 43rd birthday, you're the same age as me !

Lisa, celebrate now you're fully cooked !

Glad everyone seems to be doing ok

Anna x

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh, I don't get to see the images - they just tell me they're taking them, lol! You're right, I think, Carol, it's just to make sure all the measurements are still in the right places

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all you cookers

lisa well done on finishing

sally you seem to be doing great so far

carole have a great birthday, and yes 43 will be a good year for you

glad the rest of you seem to be doing ok julie m x

gocat

Well I dont get images, pictures on the ceiling or music. Beat that lol 😛

dotchas

Oooh,wonder why I don't get images????????????
I'm in the huff now!

Dot
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lesley, yep ive had images taken every few days as well just to make sure everything ok.

Im just out the bath and my poor wee nipple is now scarlet red as its started to shed skin!!! wonderful, its so tender.

Take care everyone and watch them nipples!!!

love

Carol xxxx