Copies of letters

Am I right in thinking we can have a copy of letter written from one Dr. to  another,regarding our treatment?

never really wanted one before but from consultancy today,which proved to less than satisfactory,I want to know what had been written about me to another consultant,and subsequently my GP…

Absolutely, I’ve got all mine and didn’t have to request any as they were sent automatically from my initial referal letter down to end of rads consultation xx 

Just doesn’t happen does it. I’ve asked countless times. Can’t understand why oncologists find this so hard to do. Never have this problem with my son’s neurologist or paediatrician. Went to see my GP who had a copy from a letter from my consultant saying I was going onto Tamoxifen so she said ‘I see you are going onto Tamoxifen because you have an additional small hormone receptive tumour’. All news to me -my oncologist never discussed this with me! My GP seemed surprised that I knew nothing about my cancer diagnosis. This is because no one thought it important to tell me! I have never had a letter from the hospital confirming my diagnosis. I have pieced together what I know from pointed questioning of the oncologist and what my GP was able to illuminate me with from her access to my medical records. You would have thought it was pretty basic to communicate to a patient what is wrong with them! By the way in the end I did not go onto Tamoxifen because of my previous history of blood clots -something that only came to light because of my pointed questioning of the oncologist.

Amero x