Coping with other people's emotions

Hi.  I am nearly through treatment- 4 sessions of radio to go, then that’s it until next mammograms. Cool.  This is probably because I’m tired and frustrated that I’m not thinking straight and getting through stuff at work. However I’m finding my daughter really difficult to deal with. I suppose she was quite stressed by my diagnosis and whereas I’m pretty calm about it now most of the time (*just* DCIS, probably not going to come back) she’s still really wound up about it and other things which to me are all “what ifs”.

She is mid twenties, doesn’t live at home and I’m torn between wanting to help her, and frankly wanting to tell her to just grow up/ get a grip/stop being a drama queen. 

I’m sorry for this rant, but sometimes after all we’ve been through, it’s just too much

Hi maria
I really feel for you x would it help if she had a look at some of the threads here to help her realise what emotions and problems ladies have before, during and after the whole process.
I’ve got 4 rads to go as well, and so far the worst part for me.
I find it difficult to deal with other people to be honest, my best friend and my 23 year old son are the only two people I can rely on. Every one else seems to think, ah, she’s had it removed, get over it! if only!
There’s me ranting now!
sheena x

Hi Marie,

Has she spoken with the helpline do you know, or sought help for herself and her emotions ?

You have been her default go to person when
life is tough, now life is tough for you both and
maybe she is fearful for you, and poss loss of
you, and is falling back on learned behaviours.

You seem to have great awareness, good luck.for your last sessions.

LLxx
Whilst you may have rationalised this (your post sounds strong) she has yet to do so.