Cording and Axillary Web Syndrome web site link

stepup-speakout.org/Cording_and_Axillary_Web_Syndrome.htm

please take alook at the above link listed for all the info on this condition

Axillary web look like cords, and the symptoms are pain and tightness, and limitation of movement.

There have been only a handful of medical studies, all of which are observational, and they have all concluded that the syndrome and the webs are self-limiting, and go away in 90 days or less. They also concluded that axillary web syndrome put patients at no higher risk of lymphedema.

However, physical therapists who treat patients with axillary webs have found that webbing can persist for years. And the International Consensus Guidelines on Best Practices for Lymphedema have concluded that axillary web syndrome is a risk factor for lymphedema.

I’ve previously read this site with interest. I too was told that my cording would go away and my concerns were dismissed by the medical profession. Two and a half years on from surgery I still have cording. It’s not too bad, but it definitely impairs my shoulder movement at its extremities. I do arm exercises every day to keep my shoulder movement going, and if I stop for a few days it starts to tighten up. I cannot reach as far with my right arm as I can with my left. In my case, the cording isn’t apparent down my arm, but is very obvious in my armpit & then for several inches down my side from there.

Hello
I have cording just like in the photographs. I try to stretch as much as poss, or the whole arm tightens up. Does anyone have any specific advice, apart from general stretching?
Thanks for the link!

A friend of mine had cording shortly after surgery - she saw the breast surgeon who manipulatd her arm - it was very painful but she could then move her arm better. She was told it was because she had not used her arm enough or done the excercises sufficiently. She hs not had any further cording in the last three years. Lyn x