Cording in chest and now possibly legs 2 years on

Hi I don’t know if I’m using the right forum but need to talk to someone! I used this site a lot in 2013 when diagnosed with IDC grade 1 so small tumour (16mm) removed, 5 lymph nodes all clear and 15 radiotherapy sessions. I’m now on tamoxifen and have tried to put the cancer experience behind me and thank my lucky stars that I was caught early through Nhs screening at age 54. I had cording in my arm initially which I ‘exercised away’. However in March this year I felt terrible pain to the left of my rib cage and it turned out to be cording again. I never went to my GP, just a telephone appointment with my Macmillan nurse confirmed it. Rare to have it there but not unheard of. She suggested massaging it to break it up and help my lymph system work better. Now I have same symptoms in the bend of my left knee on the inside and I think it’s the start of cording again. Red, hot, swollen, feels bruised on the inside when I touch the area. Unfortunately am currently motorhoming through France for another 6 weeks so doing self diagnosis. If I was at home in the UK I’d be going to the doctors! Have any of you had similar symptoms 2 years after treatment finished?

Hi LadyJulie

I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your post.  It’s possible to phone our Helpline form abroad.  The number is (+44) 20 7620 0077  They may be able to offer you some information and support

Opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  (These are UK times!)

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Finally went to gp in France and referred urgently for ultrasound. Diagnosed with blood clots and have to inject myself everyday with anti coagulant and advised to come off tamoxifen .