Cording under breast

Hi all…today while I was in the shower I leant forward and felt a pain under my boob (big boob, just over three weeks post lumpectomy, incision around nipple) I felt for the pain as I was bending down and felt what feels like a piece of string or cord from my body to my boob and this is the source of that pain. It’s not visibme and I can only feel it when bending forwards and breast is hanging down (sorry lol) Has anyone got any ideas or had any experience of this.

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Sarah

Hello and welcome to the forum, no need to apologise :slight_smile:

I would suggest that you contact your breast care nurse and let her know what you are experiencing just in case it is cording as I believe they can get something sorted to help you with it

Helena xx

Thanks for your reply. I have emailed my breast nurse already but since it was the weekend I thought I would try here to see if anyone had experienced it. From the Internet I would say it may be a mondors cord…this rubbish never ends does it!

Thanks…yes I do take Dr google with a pinch of salt. However it is reassuring on this occasion that he doesn’t (for once) sing about cancer! It does seem to be something that happens after surgery and I have searched on here and found a few posts. Hopefully someone recent will come and talk to me xxx

Hi! I had a similar thing after my lymph node biopsy and then again after my lumpectomy.  I was referred to physio, it disappeared the morning of my appointment. I was told it eases with exercise,  I would give your nurse a call to try to get referred.

Did you have it under your arm or under your breast? Under my arm is fine.

Thanks for your reply xx

I seem to have developed what seems to be cording 

you can actually see it and it is causing pain from my armpit down my arm into my wrist 

I have good movement although very painful 

I had lumpectomy and also node removal 11 nodes taken 

I had surgery 2 weeks ago maybee it’s too soon to start worrying but my surgery was on the left and I am left handed and an artist so worried it will affect my ability to ever be able to work again 

Hi…you need to ask for a referral to physio. They can give you some special stretches that will be able to resolve it. Cording from surgery is not usually permanent so do worry unduly. Give your BCN a ring and tell her. She will either advise u or refer u. Hope thats helpful xxx

Hi bizzy Lizzy I had quite bad chording in left axilla and ran all way up arm.my drains were in 2 weeks post op so limited my exercises. I was eventually referred to physio who massaged and gave me specific exercises…they feel so strong but they do eventually stretch and absorb. You must keep up with the simple arm exercises post op regularly to stretch them and get referred to physio. It’s quote common with axillary clearance apparently. Don’t forget to take painkillers to ensure you can stretch them out. Good luck x I had my op November and mines better week by week still seeing physio x