Cording

Hi.has anyone had cording? I think I have, am seeing surgeon on Tuesday so are there any questions insight to be asking and any other advice or tips would be much appreciated ?? thank you all x x Cheryl

Hi Chryl

I’m sorry to hear you have cording after your surgery. I got it along my arm at the same time as an armpit seroma so was not a happy bunny! I think gentle massage can help and I think other ladies have mentioned some physio too can be useful.

I hope it clears soon.

Mary

Cheryl,

I had terrible cording after my SNB and then my ANC/mx. The pain is horrible and gradually creeps down your arm. Exercises were so sore.

I had to have some Physio where she gently applied pressure to the cords in my arm starting at the lowest point and working up. She told me to do the same. Sort of gentle circular movements with firm still pressure to finish. It hurts but it does get better over time. Just remember to work from wrist upwards to help with any fluid buildup from the massage.

I also had a lot of scar tissue and the cords seemed to be trapped in amongst the lumps under my arm. For this she told me to massage the area firmly throughout the day. So I used to press under my arm when I was watching telly, making tea, reading, in the shower, etc. after a few days I felt the scar tissue kind of tear when I rolled over in bed! Bit of pain then relief and movement returned. Took about 3 months to really feel better both times I had it.

Sorry if this is a bit detailed but having had it twice, I feel something of an expert! Good luck and do insist on getting Physio if you can. It really helped me.

Rebecca