Core Biopsy

I’m going in on Thursday to have my core biopsy, the only thing I can think about is that’s its cancer & the only reason there doing this is because they are staging it?!? My family & friends are saying that I’m being negative!!! I’ve told them no I’m being realistic!!! I’m trying to prepare myself, if its possible, see we’ve been here before when my husband had Hodgkins Lymphoma, he had 2 lots of biopsy as well as scans before he was told!!! Even when I go on Thursday I’ve still got more waiting for results!!! Feel like I’m going mad with all this waiting!!! :frowning: xx

Hi boxerbaby2

I am sorry to read you’re struggling with all the waiting. I’m sure the users of this site will be along soon to offer you their experiences and support. 

In the meantime if you need some extra support whilst you are waiting for the results do give the BCC helpline a call.  The staff are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator