1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core biopsy - stage 2 BC

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Core biopsy - stage 2 BC

That would be a fantastic help maggie and very thoughtful. We all need some positivity! Im just starting my journey so im always looking for some
Love to you all
jo x

Hi Keepmumsane

Glad this thread has helped.

I think that I might start a separate thread about the positive things that come from this, because for me there have been quite a few..

Hang on in there and ask any questions. Most of us here are fairly new to this but we are all in this together.

Take care.

Mx

Hi, I am new to this site but wanted to say how much better this thread made me feel.  And sherbet lemons sounds very Mary Poppins. 🙂

Thank you for updating. Xx

The radioactive thing is fine - just stings little bit.

I bought a post surgery bra which is brill - the breast nurse commented on how good it is.

If you fancy doing some more shopping it is a Royce Silver Post Surgery Bra and if you look on the Royce web site they have stockists for you to go an get fitted up. It is stretchy, has velcro straps and poppers down the front.

I didnt know exactly what they were going to do with me so this covered all eventualities and it is soft enough to stretch over the dressings. Wore it to come home today and no probs.

Take care

Mx

Will be shopping tomorrow! Many thanks for the tips. My op- mastectomy plus sentinel lymph node - is next Wednesday; staying in overnight. The radioactive trace thing is being done on the previous day is Tuesday .

Yes sherbet lemons or marks sell a bag of mixed fruits. Trouble with those is that I end up with the green ones, my least favourite.
I took some fruit barley squash too because they encourage you to drink lots and the water tastes pretty revolting, especially after a couple of hours! Not as good as a G and T but that treat awaits tonight :-))
When are you going in Annie?
Hope all goes well...having the second drain out was painless, didn't realise she had done it!
Now in bed at home watching day time TV and placing my food orders with husband. Not sure quite what will materialise but the dog is staying close so he could prove handy.... :-))

Sherbet lemons! I shall repack instantly!

Thanks Annie
I am having the second drain out this morning (my least favourite 'procedure' of the hospital experience), visits from the physio and breast nurse and then home and in the care of my husband! Uh oh.
For all those ladies waiting to go into hospital please read this and be encouraged. My experience has been as good as it possibly could have been. I have been met with kindness, professionalism and empathy.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and go into hospital with things that cheer you up. I took my ipad, laptop, phone, charger, CDs, sherbet sweets and a bottle of my favourite squash not to mention the faithful kindle for those times when I needed to think of something else.
What lies in the future for me I don't know but I am confident that whatever care I need will be excellent.
Good luck in your journey.
I will keep you updated of mine and if you have any questions I can help with based on my limited experience please ask!
Mx

Fantastic Maggie!
Thank you v much for posting your update. You sound good . Was wondering how you were. You must be in a good place mentally to update us so quickly!

Glad to hear you're doing well maggie x

Thanks everyone. I was absolutely petrified but surgery yesterday went well, lump removed and breast 're-arranged'. Very impressive job. Unfortunately nodes were positive so all removed. 2 drains one of which has been removed and path results next week so keep your fingers crossed.
So far so good. Mobility good, pain minimal and being very well cared for. Home tomorrow.
Going to research lymphedema now to try and do whatever I can to avoid it.
Hope you are all doing ok.
Mx

Hi Maggie,
Hope it went as well as can be and you didn't turn too smurf with the dye. Think I expected to be bluer the way it was described. Remember to be kind to yourself after this. Think I was somewhat dazed day after but had op for both lump and a few nodes at same time....and don't worry if your version of the winging it exercise resembles a pigeon struggling to take off or flying in circles...
Seabreeze x

Thanks Seabreeze, your reassurance is appreciated.
I am going to a hospital where they test the sentinel nodes while I am under the anaesthetic so know at the time how much they need to do. Clever stuff. Apparently the dye turns me pale blue which could be interesting.
Fingers crossed...
Mx

Hi maggie,
Hope all goes well tomorrow.
Trish

Maggie,
Hope tomorrow goes as smoothly as possible. Good that the lump is being evicted even if the thought of it isn't what any of us would plan...
If it reasures you my surgeon was very very neat.
If you need to yeep coming up to result time or about anything else please feel free....it sounds like Chascat and I are further down the line so if we can help in any way
Seabreeze

Hi all - Maggie - great that you'll have surgery soon. We are so lucky with our health service. Very best of luck for tomorrow. Do let us know how it all goes and how you are feeling.

Morning Everyone.
Glad you have found this useful. Thankfully the swelling and bruising has subsided a lot and is now a rather subdued yellow and grey instead of purple, black and red!
MRI confirmed diagnosis 4cm grade 2 so booked for surgery and SNB tomorrow...just want this part over now and keeping everything crossed that the biopsy comes back clear.
Good luck with your diagnosis and treatments.
Mx

Hi annie, maggie and 4444
I was diagnosed in May this year and like Chascat had severe bruising following 3 core needle biopsies, carried out through the same access point into different corners of the lump....boob turned purple/black...i think my lump must have been canonballesque in terms of hardness. Yes my boob was swollen and i was very much aware of a swollen pinching feeling from the lump area and no- it didn't make the lump change in any real way.
My one word of caution would be to take care that you don't strain your upper back by raising your arm in a shield like manner to protect your bruised boob...unfortunately i did! Best to keep your upper back as relaxed as possible...a bit of gentle yoga...just in case.
Agree that early stages waiting for results are so tricky....it's a strange journey...suddenly you realise you've popped through a key stage of treatment and think phew on with the next....

Hi maggie and all,
I have just signed into this forum and your message stood out for me. I was diagnosed with stage 2 recently on 30th October. I had three biopsy on one breast and the same as you the lump has grown a lot and is still painful. It was good to read the replies you got. It sounds like this is common and nothing to worry about. 'well I hope not anyway' waiting for date to have masectomy. I've had a lot of curve balls to deal with in my life, but nothing like this. Like a lot of what I read it is so scarey Anyway Day at a Time ay
Ps thanks to others that responded to you, very helpful
Best Wishes Trish

Hi Annie. Thanks for your post, scary how these lumps don't show up on imaging. I get my MRI results tomorrow so will know then what is in store. I am terrified yet at the same time just need to know.. Yes, we are on the same journey together. Keep strong. Mx

Thanks for the reassurance Chascat. I was told there would be a bit of bruising but nothing as bad as it still is! Guess it is pretty invasive,certainly felt it! Hope you are doing ok now. Mx

Phew!! I was about to post v similar message! My first time post too. Grade 3 tumour diagnosed 2 weeks ago; mammogram and ultrasound clear so a big shock. Biopsy did not hurt at time but subsequently v v bruised and painful. Only just beginning to ease. Lump feels bigger but I may be getting neurotic about it! Have to stop myself constantly checking it. Mastectomy in 2 weeks. Good luck maggie25- looks like we are on this journey together. Lots of hugs to you

Hi Maggie, welcome to the forum. I just wanted to offer some reassurance. I had 2 core biopsies and my whole breast turned black it was so badly bruised, it took weeks to get better and my tumour really enlarged, like you this really freaked me out but my surgeon assured me it hadn't grown and was just swelling. Take care, and do let us know how you get on, CC x

Hello Maggie59

Welcome to the forums.  This must be a very worrying time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

You may also like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Core biopsy - stage 2 BC

Hello All

This is my first post on this forum as I have recently been diagnosed with Stage 2 BC.

I have had an MRI and should get the results soon to determine the extent of the tumour as the mammogram/ultrasound were inconclusive.

I had 4 core biosies done and my poor breast has been so sore after them - it has been two weeks now and it is still bruised and the lump is much bigger than it was. 

Has anyone else had this and is it possible for the biopsies to make things worse?? Everything I have read seems to indicate not but it is scary when it gets bigger!