cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coriolus Versicolor

4 REPLIES 4
Zeppa

Re: Coriolus Versicolor

I don't know anything about this myself - too busy complaining about conventional treatment - but there is a fairly reputable hospital in the USA, Memorial Sloan-Kettering, which has good information on this kind of thing, including a page on this mushroom. You have to click to confirm you will take everything with a pinch of salt. They say that results re breast cancer have been mixed - it may have some effect with other cancers. The site is mskcc.org (hope I'm allowed to post that much).

Margaret

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Rev and Horsie

Thanks for your comments. I'm guessing if it was all that good, lots of the lovely women here would have heard of it.

I am seeing BCN on Monday for Bone cocktail, so will ask her then. I suspect it wont be something they recommend.

H
x

horsie5050

Hi. Can't help either, BUT - I would recommend that you email or call your oncologist or Breast Cancer Nurse and ask for their advice as they are treating you, they know all the drugs you are on and they will know the effect this Coriolus whotsit may have on any medicine you may be taking. Good Luck!x

RevCat

Hi Helhel can't answer your question I'm afraid, but bumping up your post in ther hope someone else can!

Guest user
Not applicable

Coriolus Versicolor

Hi everyone
The above name has been given to me by a friend of a friend who has secondary cancer in her bones and lungs (as do I).

Had little search on web, and seems its a herbal medicine derived from mushrooms which is used to boost the immune system.

I can trawl until I'm blue in the face, but would like to find out if any ladies here have heard of it, or would give it room in their bathroom cabinet.

I'm not clutching at straws here, but obviously would take something if I thought it might help me.

Thanks to all that reply!

H