Could runny nose be side effect of Femara?

Hi everyone

I have spent the last few weeks with a vague worry because I sometimes have a mild irritation at the top of my chest (not sure if its lungs or throat!) though I think it may be related to a dripping nose - it sometimes drips out, sometimes down the back of my throat. I’ve had it for ages, but finished chemotherapy over a year ago. My husband affectionately calls it my dew drop! I am on Femara, so wondered if it was something to do with that, or have my nose hairs failed to grow back? Or is it something more sinister (the usual paranoia creeps in)? It’s clear fluid, I don’t have any fever, pain, etc. Last spring I did develop a bit of a cough (another worry!) that the onc put down to allergy type reaction. Never been allergic to anything before but he felt that the drugs could have made me prone. Sorry to go on, but is anyone out there dripping and fretting like me?!

Hi

I also suffer with a runny nose and have noticed this since finishing chemo nearly 5 years ago. Fortunately, I don’t suffer a cough or chest irritation though. I’m on arimidex and was previously on tamoxifen and it’s been the same while taking both. I’m not sure of the cause but have also wondered if it is to do with the nose hair not having grown back. For me it’s just another one of those irritations that come with bc and it’s treatment I think!

Thanks for your reply, I’m not sure I have any significant chest irritation really, I think it could be all in the mind, but that has a habit of playing tricks on me! I have just had surgery to replace expander implants with permanent implants and, after a few months back at work with cancer pushed to the back of my mind, its brought it to the fore again. I feel a bit daft mentioning a runny nose when others have so much more to contend with. Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply!