Could these be benign symptoms?

Hello all you lovely people

In May this year I was referred to breast clinic due to ‘thickening’ in left breast. I couldn’t really tell but my GP picked it up during a breast examination as I have what turned out to be a fatty lump in right breast. I had mammo on both breasts in May and was told nothing sinister seen. I was also told I have dense breast tissue.

I had ultra sound on right breast at the same time but not on left. In recent weeks the left breast has become fuller, there is a lump/ridge on the outside edge near armpit and I can feel some ‘heat’ radiating from it. The lump/ridge is the most noticeable when I’m stood up and can be easily felt. It isn’t so easy when laid down although today during GP exam she said she could feel a small hard lump ‘further down, deeper’. She referred me to breast clinic and my appointment is next Wednesday.

Anyone have anything to share about their own experience of similar symptoms?

Part of me feels it’s nothing and I am wasting everyone’s valuable time and it’s just benign. However it is very different to the benign lump in the right breast.

Take care

Jxx

Hi JooJoo

Welcome to the forums.  Whilst you wait for the other forums users to reply with their experiences do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your feelings and concerns with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and information. Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Hi JooJoo, sorry that your experiencing this again i am also in the same boat as you I have my appointment at the clinic next Tuesday and dreading it :frowning: even tho I have been to breast clinic last year I found a lump in my right breast which was quite big I spent weeks making myself Sick with worry & mine turned out to be just a fattty lump confirmed by U/S.

Now though I have found multiple lumps in my left breast I can tell (I think) a few feel like fatty lumps again as they feel same as left breast but I have an area towards the top of breast which concerns me the tissue feels really thick & hard and there are two hard lumps contained within also have been having some sharp shooting pains in my breast which concern me too , I am only 25 but can’t help thinking the worst! I understand what you mean totally , hope your appointment goes well be thinkin of u xx

Hi joojoo, I have dense breast tissue too which does mean mammograms don’t tend to work and for me neither did mri, only ultrasound worked for me and they won’t offer it as standard or unless there is a physical lump. I have a real issue with this as most people aren’t aware of the dense tissue problem, so have written to the secretary of health. They have to US it for you at this appointment! I didn’t have any heat from my lump, not sure if this is a symptom or not. Fingers crossed it’s just hormonal thickening but insist on that ultrasound. Love and luck xxx

Thanks JooJoo, starting to get more nervous as Tuesday edges closer but just want to know what it actually is now, it’s the not knowing makes your mind do funny things!

Good luck for weds & let us know how u get on will be thinking of u xx

I will do JooJoo, thanks for the support :slight_smile: I know what you mean I feel really sick & nervous will update tomorrow after appointment Atleast if your busy till Tuesday hopefully u can push it to the back of your mind for a bit xx