Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cramp like sensation and shooting pains in affected breast

7 REPLIES 7
cornishgirl

Re: Cramp like sensation and shooting pains in affected breast

Hi Fudge,
Thanks, hope you are ok,ive sent you a Pm.
Linda x

fudgeincornwal

Hi cornishgirl!

I've been suffering with sharp pains and cramp sensations on and off since RT finished, first time I thought I was having a heart attack! Especially as I'm still on herceptin it was a bit worrying. I rang a friend thats 6 months ahead of me with same treatment and she'd had similar pains and had thought the same. I found it was when I was in a certain position - sitting on my bed reaching down to open a drawer on my dressing table.Then they eased off and feeling on my chest wall and arm seemed to improve I mentioned it to BCN - and also had a routine MUGA scan which was fine (infact results were up on the last one) . Since my recon in Nov. the pains have returned in exactly the same way so I put it down to nerves repairing themselves or being over exercised!. I've a appt. next week so will mention it again.

Mandyx

cornishgirl

Thanks Ladies,
It does sound like the same thing that im now expierencing, it only started a couple of weeks ago , havent had any problems before then, but it does happen sometimes when i stretch up too, i know the tissue around the scarline is quite hard now ,i often ache around the clavical area too ,but cant feel any lumps or anything, maybe im not being carefull enough and carrying things that are too heavy , i feel a bit better knowing that some other ladies have had this type of thing too though, its always hard to know what is normal or not these days isnt it.
Thanks for your help
Linda x

Bboonie

HI

I had my MX in September 09, I sometimes get shooting pains, sometimes a deep itching and sometimes it is a dull ache. My breast surgeon said it's something that happens sometimes. I find I get it more after I have over used my arm or forgot to do my exercises.

It looks like its something we have to live with, but if its something that has started recently then do get it checked out ASAP.

Marian

stressy_messy

Hello linda :),ive sent you a PM.

I get shooting pain in my BC breast and a dull ache but they think mine maybe down to lymphoedema as I have it already in my arm although that has gone down a bit. I hope yours goes soon,I'm sure its nothing.Maybe phone your BCN and try to get a earlier appointment to put your mind at rest.

Good to see you back,big (((hug))) Melxx

LadyChatterbox

Hello I had this after rads as well (August 2008) but it has gone away now

devagirl

Hi Linda

I was dx in 2006 and have suffered on and off with a painful breast ever since. I have been told its down to surgery and rads damage and may never disappear completely. For most of the time I am ok but now and again I do something stupid like carry a huge amount of Christmas shopping, move a piece of furniture or stretch up to something out of reach and the pains - just as you describe - come back for days or weeks, depending on how much I have done.

I hope this helps.
Laine

cornishgirl

Cramp like sensation and shooting pains in affected breast

Hi Ladies
These last couple of weeks ive been haveing some cramp like sensations in my affected breast and intermittent shooting pains through the nipple also, the cramp like feeling starts from the side of my breast and gos to the middle of the breast, (bit like tree branches) sorry its the onlt way i can describe it, i was wondering if any other ladies have expierenced this type of thing?
I was DX with BC in 2007 and had chemo/rads ect now on Aromasin ,am hoping its maybe a late SE of the Rads but am now also getting a bit concerned about it ,i have my next appointment at the breast clinic in March but wondered if anyone else has had the same?
Thanks
Linda (formally Lindiloo)x