332961posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cramp

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Cramp

Hi Porkie, sorry about the leg cramp - I started re-wearing the surgical stockings given to me post mastectomy for about two weeks and found the cramp stopped. I also know someone who ate a packet of ready salted crisps each day as they had been told that a lack of salt was causing her leg cramps. Anyway, a gin&tonic plus a packet of crisps sounds much better.
Juliaxx

Oh,lucinda,I like your remedy with the gin too lol.does wine do the same?
It's strange we all get leg cramps and god they hurt .i wake poor hubby up with a fright when I'm shouting ouch(that's being polite,as I can't print the rude words I shout)
But I'll give the tonic a try hopefully it will help.
Take care ladies &huge hugs,Helen x
Highlighted

Hi Tinkerbelle i was told by my onc to drink tonic water in the evening, like others I get cramp at night in the back of the legs and it is quite painfull, much better of course with a gin in it and the gin helps with the sleeping. xx

Hi Porkie,

I don't know if you're allowed to take these but quinine which is in tonic water or magnesium (transdermal kind I think) are meant to help with leg cramps.

I kept getting cramp in my feet at night but a couple of sprays of magnesium (or a bath with epsom salts) helped me.

Tink x

Dear Porkie, 

Sorry to hear about your cramps.  It is so painful when you wake up with it isn't it.  I am on tamoxifen, denosumab, herceptin and perjeta.  Just recently I have started to do some exercise via the physiotherapy department at my local hospital.  This has led to some bad cramps in my left hamstring where I have the rod and pins.  I do notice it especially if I haven't had much milk or yoghurt that day.  I also had cramps at night when pregnant with my first child but not with my second as I made sure I ate enough yoghurt.  

I remember reading somewhere that denosumab can give you cramps just wondering if you are on that?

Best wishes

Sue XXXX

Hi,yes,it's probably bone mets kicking off.or the letrozole . Yes,we have sun today too,yippee. Back very painful today so had to cancel lunch with my work colleges. I do miss work and the normality of it,but I would never be there . I'm hoping when /if I ever get stable I may be able to go in and "help out" as I miss working with the children.
I do get bored too. I love card making but this now aggravates my back so can't do this too,grrrrr
That's me moaning too. It does you good to have a good moan.
Enjoy the sun and take care,huge hugs,Helen xxxxx

Hi Helen, when I was on letrozole I occasionally did get cramp as well as the acheing joints!but like you not sure why this is - perhaps its somehting to do with calcium / salt levels which may change when mets in bone. I think I will ask onc next time I see him just in case there is an easy fix. Hope you have a good day - the sun is shining here today so that always cheers me up. I dont know about yourself but now I am not working I miss the structure of a working day so can get easily bored. I know I shouldnt moan because I am not in pain and so much better than lots of ladies on the site but I do miss the busy lifestyle that I had before at times! Moan over xx

Hi,porkie,I've just started getting cramp in one calf muscle at nights . So much that I'm terrified even to stretch leg in case I set it off.I'm on letrozole,zometa & zolodex. So not sure what's causing it?!
Helen xx

Cramp

Hello ladies - I just wondered whether any of you ever experience cramp? I am currently in the midst of chemo plus herceptin and whilst I am actually quite well I keep finding myself woken at night with severe cramp in legs.xx