Cysitits Recommendations

Hi all

I’m sure there are lots of threatds on cystitis remedies on here, but before I head off to the chemist, can anyone recommend an over the counter brand. Nurse checked my sample last week when I thought I was heading the same way, but no infection found so hopefully it will ease with something not needing a prescription. I’m on TC (Tax) Herceptin and bone marrow juice injections.

Thanks

Trish

Bumping this up for Trish

Hi Trish…old fashioned remedy worked for me during TAX last year. Drinking 2litres of lemon (or other flavours) barley water and taking cranberry capsules (with Onc approval) which are potentially preventative…not to be taken if you are on warfarin or similar. I found any over the counter cystitis relief (including less expensive store own brands) worked a treat within 24 hours…hope that helps?

Hi Trish,

I’m on TC and the boosting injection - cycle 5 for me tomorrow. I was advised to drink, drink, drink and to include Cranberry Juice evey day as a preventative, . That has worked for me so far. No sign of cystitis. Sorry I can’t help with the cure though. Have you asked your onc/chemo nurse?

xxx

Thanks ladies

I got some Oasis over the counter sachets and drinking lemon barley squash, both helping. Better today, had GP test sample yesterday and all clear so at least no infection. Will ensure I have a supply of both going forward.

Lola, how have your SEs been on TC? I’ve not been too bad, some heartburn, indegestion and headaches and still have my hair, at the moment!! How about you?

Thanks again

Trish x