cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCIS WLA or Mastectomy

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: DCIS WLA or Mastectomy

Hi ladies. Hello and although I wish you'd had better results this forum will help you through. I just wanted to say that although it looks as though you won't need chemo please be reassured it is not as horrendous as it sounds. Everybody has a different experience but most of us find it is doable. If you do have problems do not suffer there is a way to sort out side effects if the the first line treatment doesn't work. Hopefully you will avoid it though xx
Highlighted

Thank you. I actually feel quite lucky treatment wise as at present I don't need chemo…it sounds horrible. But anything still can happen. I'm sure we will soon get through this. X
Highlighted

Glad you had a good result. Glad your going for radiotherapy and tamoxifen as my friend going through a really hard time with chemotherapy. I wanted to avoid chemotherapy if I could. I haven't a date yet as have to have another ct scan and consultation. Apparently I was lucky as my DCIS was low grade but I will lose my nipple and have 4cm of DCIS behind nipple removed. I want it all over really. Good luck for 17th
Highlighted

Hi coralie the consultation went well I have surgery nov 17th to remove lump and one lymph node which will be tested and then radiotherapy in new year. I also start tamoxifen at some point also. I may need rest of lymph nodes removed if that one tests positive but I am relieved with the outcome as it could be worse. I will have a sunken nipple from the surgeries but at this point I'm not too bothered as getting the cancer out is most important. Good luck for your treatment. X
Highlighted

How did you get on? I hope it was less scary for you. I got my results, apparently my DCIS is 4cm under nipple so they gonna take that out and 3 weeks Radiotherapy. I was sure I was gonna have a mastectomy before I went. Feeling happy a bit. I will have one boob smaller than other and a tattoo nipple.
Highlighted

Hi coralie I also am seeing the consultant today at 2 and am a nervous wreck. Good luck Rebecca x
Highlighted

DCIS WLA or Mastectomy

I am seeing consultant today for results on MRI and the fact after microdochectomy, DCIS, low grade, was found. After reading on this forum I'm leaning to mastectomy. Has anyone had long term success from WLA?