DCIS aggressive

Can any one explain what this means as it was on my MRI report? It also said invasive grade 2. I just saw the report again after going for my pre-op assessment.
Sam x

PS I kno wwhat the grade 2 means.
Sam x

Hi Sam
I had DCIS invasive, grade III TNBC. DCIS stands for ductal carcinoma in situ which means the cancer started within the milk ducts and is contained. Invasive means it has spread out of the milk duct to the breast tissue and grade 2 is the middle of the 3 grades. 3 is the most aggressive, cells transform quickest.
Hope that helps. Wish you well.
X

Hi there. Invasive means it is cancer. 1e the cancer cells are invading and spreading into normal cells. Sometimes DCIS has an area of cancer within it. Usually you couldn’t tell with certainty from an MRI scan that the cells are invasive although it may give strong indications that this is the case. Normally that information and also the grade of the tumour would be found out from the biopsy or when the tumour is removed and looked at under the microscope, so maybe the report is commenting on the information given by the biopsy before reporting its own findings…ie extent, other areas involved etc. Pamx

Hi samjs DCIS is when cells in the duct have turned cancerous but haven’t developed the ability to spread outside the milk ducts. DCIS aggressive may mean that the DCIS is grade 3. I had grade 3 DCIS (contained in the ducts) plus grade 2 invasive (spread to surrounding breast tissue).
All the best Melxx

Thanks ladies, I will ask when I go in next week for my op. Can’t wait for next Wednesday, it is my birthday on the FRiday and I think Wednesday is my early birthday present.
Sam x