cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCIS but I could feel my lump and pain- confused with the treatment too

4 REPLIES 4
ForumMember

Re: DCIS but I could feel my lump and pain- confused with the treatment too

The lump you could see on ultrasound might be fluid surrounding the DCIS? If the lump you could see was black, then it would be fluid. This is what happened to mine and it was really tender to touch because it was all swollen. As for what your BC nurse says, like Mole, I would tend to listen more to what the surgeon says. After all, he/she is the one doing the operation, not the nurse.

avonlea

Thanks Mole and Sam,

Mole I hope you are recovering well .

I have just called the helpline- they are very nice so thanks

Sam_BCC

Hi avonlea

It sounds like you are feeling quite concerned about this, may I suggest you give the BCC helpline a call to talk this through. Here you can share your worries and concerns confidentially with one of our trained members of staff, who will offer you a 'listening ear' as well as support and advice. The line is open on a Saturday 9am to 2pm and Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and the number is free phone 0808 800 6000.

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards

Sam
BCC Facilitator

Molennium

I'd go by what the doctors told you. the SNB will be useful to rule out spread elsewhere. My lump was also painful and it was also partly DCIS, it can lull you into a false sense of security. All my tests came out benign too until I had the whole lump out, by which time I'd been told it was definitely benign so that was a shock, I'd say better safe than sorry with the SNB

Mole

avonlea

DCIS but I could feel my lump and pain- confused with the treatment too

I was told I have DCIS with a 1.5cm*1.5cm lump and grade 3 active cells.

I could see a very clear lump when I was doing ultra sound. But the lump is painful so that is why they thought it was beigne first.

But after a core Biopsy, they decide that the cells are ' cancerious' , no spread could be seen by far.

I was then recommend for 1) a WLE and 2) a sentinel lymph node biopsy ( guided by blue dye radiative probe)

The I called my BC nurse she insisted that I donot need a sential lymph node biopsy. My understand of this is to see weather i have other very small cancer cells in other part of the breast. But the nurse insitsted that i donot need it

I am very confused and worries - wonder if any one could advice on this please?

thanks