DCIS post surgery

I’m now 7 days after my WLE surgery, had my dressing removed with no infections, however, the discomfort has started to increase instead of decrease.   I can only describe it as a tightness under my breast similar that wont go away.  It is extremely painful sitting up after I have be asleep.  Is this normal?

Hi Carole and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support and shared experiences you will find here please feel free to call our helpliners, they can help with the queries and concerns you have and lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000 (closed for maintenance this sat 16th May)

I am posting a link to the post surgery information on this site which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/treating-breast-cancer/surgery/after-breast-cancer-surgery

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi, I had mastectomy with recon, not WLE but I found I needed to stay reclined for some weeks to avoid pain after the op! X

Hi, I had 2 WLE and to be honest didn’t have any real pain after.  After a couple of weeks I started to get electric shock type pains which are the nerves healng but I didn’t have any of the pain you describe.  Why not give your breast care nurse a call and see what they say.  

Hope your feeling better soon x