DCIS reoccurrence!

Hi all, I remember this site gave me so much support 5 years ago when I was dx with DCIS (at 27) I had a bi lat mast with an immediate reconstruction. Told that the dcis was only 1mm and I’m 100% cured. I have had issues with kidney stones the last three years and recently had a ct scan so see if they were back. (Luckily) they caught the bottom of my lung on the scan and saw 3 nodules, 2 on one side and one on the right. I was told that they were prob nothing and they would keep an eye on them. This was 18 months ago. The most recent scan showed growth in the nodules so I had a vats wedge biopsy with today I found out was metastatic breast cancer. I’m so shocked!

Thought was well over All this cancer lark.

Lucramsey sorry to hear about your mets :frowning: that really sucks. Do you know if they did pathology on both mastectomies?

I know in some people with cancer of unknown primary who are found to have mets but no tumour in their breast and no previous BC so in some cases it must cure itself but not before its left cancer cells elsewhere in the body.

I know that doesnt really help you… What kind of cancer is it? Mine is Triple Neg and also in my lung (well in my right lung) and im on a trial for TN BC but also for Her2+ BC… The trial is called ENCHANT is open to folk who havent had rads to the area or had chemo for mets… It might not be suitable for you but hope they get you on to the right treatment and it keeps things stable for a long long time.

Much love
lulu x

Thanks lulu
The path on both breasts only showed 2mm in the original site! I was told there is no way this will come back.
Even though I did kind of expect it?
Only found out today so meeting the onc on Monday to discuss plan of action. So crap that it’s happened on a Friday afternoon.
I’ll let you know more info when I get it.

Thanks again

Xxx

Hi Lucramsey and welcome back to the BCC forums, I am sorry to read about your new diagnosis, please do feel free to call our helpliners for practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000. Lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays.

The following link will take you to further support ideas and information about secondary breast cancer in the lung, I hope you find this helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries

Take care
Lucy BCC