Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DECEMBER rads

23 REPLIES 23
joyce11

Re: DECEMBER rads

Hi Josie

Have now had 8 treatments and still much the same, sore and swollen but not getting worse. I have skin reddening in areas wher they have not treated and no one knows why so my mind has worked overtime - from a faulty machine to the wrong dose etc.

It looked like I had sunburn on my face last week - no answers as to why -eyelids dry and peeling but that seems to have settled. Really strangehoping that is the last of the wierd symptoms.

Josie11

Hi Joyce,

How are you doing? I'm finally feeling that I'm over chemo but tired from all the travelling for rads. Started tamoxifen 12 days ago and the warm glows from the chemo are now full blown hot flushes! 

I'm on 8/15 rads now. I have always had a bit of puffiness over my ribs under my arm since my op in

June and it is definitely worse now. I've also developed swelling of my arm, prob lymphoedema but that started just before rads. So not sure how much the rads are contributing but the nurses did say to me that they expected a bit of swelling.

I spoke to my BCN last Monday and have an apt for the lymphoedema clinic on 7 th Jan. :-). 

joyce11

Well two treatments done - not too bad - just my right shoulder not keen on the treatment position but second one quicker than first.

I have some lymphoedema on the chest and it seems to be aggravated a bit - has anyone else experienced this ?Think i was told this might happen - is there anything to help? Will talk to BCN next week probably

Bibi44

Sorry that should say tatts although I don't want tarts either . . Jam or otherwise. Blinking autocorrect x

Bibi44

Hi all had my radiotherapy chat & said I didn't want the tarts & they said no problem, we have invisible ones you can only see with a UV lamp. Although that foehn' get round the fact it might hurt, I'm pleased with that. Just thought it might be worth mentioning.  I won't have rads until the new year, but good luck to you all . . Hope it goes well xx

newey47

Hi

Yes feeling good now.  Rads finished end of Sept, went away for a week.  Now back to "normailty"lol.  On letrozole, but apart from that, all treatment finished.  Looking forward to a better year next year.  Good luck with Rads.  I did burn quite badly, but have very fair skin, everyone is different......

didi

Will probably be starting my Rads some time in December,  was supposed to start yesterday but having problems with seroma build up and a blister that won't move . As it's for 4 weeks might ask to start in new year as going away Christmas week & I don't  fancy cancelling it . Think me and my partner need a break 

Di xx

Val235

Hi I had 7 all been given by district nurse Hubby said he would do but I know he was not happy. I had my last EC a week ago been so tired weak and depressed complete melt down yesterday.I thought it was the injections but chemo nurse said no last of the EC chemo. Today I feel a little better but not going out anywhere as my white cells are still low and they say I am open to infection. I start Taxol on 3 December been told they will not interfere with white cells so not sure District Nurse looked surprised when I told her what oncologist said. A lady at my chemo unit yesterday looked really ill she had gone to try and cancel the last taxol weekly as she was having a bad time but they would not hear of it. It's a struggle are you ladies managing the SE's of taxol. Have a good weekend whatever it throws at you. Hugs Val

Bibi44

Thanks Newey. Hope you're feeling well now. X

newey47

I drove myself to all 15 Rads appointments, and went shopping after a lot of the time. 50mile round trip.  I found the little bit of tiredness I had hit me later on in the day a few hours later x

Bibi44

To the ladies who have completed their treatment, are you able to drive yourself home? One lady told me she nearly fell asleep at the wheel & would recommend not driving.  We are only 29 mins from the hospital but a cab is £25 each way, which would be miles too expensive. Thanks for the info re the tattoos. I really don't want them, it feels like branding. X

joyce11

Hi Val

I had GCSF injections - how many have you had. I had 5 after first three chemos and 7 after last three. I did them myself but didn't enjoy the experience much - had to have a gin before i could do it!!!

Val235

Hi Carolyn thank you for that one last thing to worry about. I am on next to last day for Gscf injections and my goodness I cannot believe how tired and weak I feel Due for a PICC flush this afternoon so will mention it. Have not been too troubled with SE of EC but something is keeping me down. Good luck with your treatment.

Carolyn

Hi, I have just completed my three weeks of radiotherapy and in the the big picture this treatment was the easiest for me. I would say relax, think about what you can do to help yourself to get through this...start applying non SLS aqueous cream before treatment to prep your skin, during treatment be very gentle with the area being treated, no hot showers or baths, no rubbing of skin after showering and no applying body products with chemicals such as other shower gels, deodrants, body creams. Make sure you are drinking fluids, water is best, and be kind to yourself and get plenty of rest. Obviously no one knows how skin will respond during treatment but these tips can only help. Good luck x
Carolyn

Hi Joyce, please do not worry about radiotherapy. I think a couple of ladies have mentioned about drinking more water during treatment and I would agree with them. Also washing all areas very gently with something like Simple soap, no rubbing with towel only gentle patting followed by applying aqueous cream that has no SLS in it. I have completed my three weeks therapy and have only a very slight pinking of breast and I have been using the cream the radiotherapists gave me. If you can, apply non SLS cream as often as you can during your treatment. Good luck x
Carolyn

Hi Val, I am not a fan of needles so I said no to the radiotherapy tattoos. It wasn't a problem, the markings get covered with little clear plasters which you need to take care with ...no hot showers, no rubbing creams over them and no rubbing with towels. It's really pretty simple. Following the guidance mine lasted the entire three weeks. I peeled the plasters off last Friday. I hope this helps, you do not need to have these tattoos if you would rather not.

nickif

Been for appointment today and they said in 4-5 weeks time but that will be Christmas time so I doubt if they will start them then. Probably in the new year. 

Val235

Thanks for that ladies I am a lot of a wush but having had biopsy on my onmentum not supposed to be any paid. PICC fitted by a trainee which was painful the unknown scares me so will have to wait and see. Presently having daily injections by district nurse they are fine. Goods luck with everyone's treatment. X hugs Val

joyce11

Well I now have my tattoos - not too bad at all even the aea that isn't numb. I have a mole in the right place so was spared one tattoo and just have three.  So all set and ready to go for 3rd December.

san1952

hi Val the tatoos don`t hurt as the area they do them is numb .There is nothing to fear with the rads they are alot easier than chemo.The radiographers are really lovly and any worries you have talk to them.The worse thing is the tiredness but youv`e had that with the chemo so you will be used to that.My tip is to drink pleanty of water that does seem to help.hugs Sandra

Awil

Hi Val the tattoos are little black dots you have at your planning session 3 of them one in the middle and one one on each of your side , it to make sure you are lined up correct each time and no doesn't hurt at all ..... The middle one I can see but even my husband had trouble finding the side ones.... Everyone has mixed feelings about them and no I'm not into tattoos but as with everything else we've been through I feel for me these are minor .... Good luck with the rest of your chemo it will soon be over xx
Val235

Hi I am not due to start rads until late January. I had mx and anc in Jult then other biopsies which delayed things. I am half way through chemo but starting to get stressed about the planning for rads. What are the tattoos do they hurt where do they tattoo when you have no breast. Just want to get this whole thing over with like a lot of ladies on here. Any information would be appreciated. X hugs val

Awil

Hi Joyce I start tomorrow almost 4 weeks after finishing Fec and t . I finish the 11th so half Nov half Dec .... So pleased on last stretch but aprehensive xx
joyce11

DECEMBER rads

Is there anyone out there starting their radiotherapy in December? My planning session is tomorrow but first treatment is 3rd December. I have done the mastetomy and had FEC-T and am now hopefully on the last stretch - anybody joining me?????

Joyce