cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DECISIONS-BI LATERAL M or BI LATERAL immediate reconstruction

3 REPLIES 3
meggiemay

Re: DECISIONS-BI LATERAL M or BI LATERAL immediate reconstruction

Thanks for your replies- Will know more 2morrow- my nurse is squeezing me into surgeons clinic- althugh he isnt expecting me for another two weeks- have so many questions and really scared mainly about time for op/recovery/complications/what he can offer me asap within my time frame - I just want to start living again without worrying every day about it...will make a post once I have seen him and would love to know more from you both
cheers m

jacqc

Hi M

I have had risk reducing bi-lat mast, LD recon with implants and I am pleased with results with no drastic problems.
Do you have any specific doubts or questions?

Jackie

louise79

Hi, i had a mx and ld recon 8 weeks ago. I also have small boobs and although its been a bumpy ride i'm now pretty pleased with the results. If ld recon is an option then i can let you know the pros and cons.

I was never offered implants and told i was too small to have the tummy one so i can't offer any thoughts on those.

Lou xx

meggiemay

DECISIONS-BI LATERAL M or BI LATERAL immediate reconstruction

Hi

Just wondering if any of you have had bi lateral/Bi lateral with implants- Had double lumpectomy- cancer side free but unfortunately widespread dcis and they couldnt take the required safe margin! My boobs are small and so am now thinking about the above to safe worrying about either at a future date- would love to know about any pros and cons from anyone that has had either done as seeing surgeon next week. So many questions and so little time to find them in to make a decision!
big hugs
m