cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIEP Flap - NO Mesh used right

4 REPLIES 4
jillybee

Re: DIEP Flap - NO Mesh used right

I had mesh when had implants,unfortunately they did not work,so had DIEP,no mesh involved,just me!

Much better,just have fat necrosis,and hoping that will resolve.

will668

I have just had a DIEP on 20th aug and no mesh was used.
chillipink

Diep only uses fat from tummy not musle so there will be no weakness of muscles.had diep last September .best decision I made .new natural breast what looks and feels natural.good luck with your surgery x
saffronseed

yes your are right - If you have a DIEP and the surgeon does not take any muscle from your tummy you will not need mesh to strengthen your tummy.   I had a DIEP/TRAM - very similiar procedure but due to my blood vessels not being in very good condition (they use the blood vessels from your tummy and connect to your new breast) he had to take a small portion of muscle from my tummy.  I therefore had to have mesh in my tummy as I would otherwise be risk of a hernia.  I had my reconstuction in 2012 and have had no problems with my stomach strength or from the mesh that was inserted at that time.  

booksandwine

DIEP Flap - NO Mesh used right

I understand when reconstruction is by way of a DIEP there is no mesh used - is this correct

Ideally I'd like to get through operation with no unneccessary foreign objects in my body for any future issues