1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIEP booked 18 April - EEek

Esskayeff

Re: DIEP booked 18 April - EEek

Helen - Happy Birthday - Hope you had a wonderful day in the sunshine and that you have managed to celebrate in some way.

Heidi - welcome to our group. I think you should see if your husband can get compassionate leave. I have been very lucky as my husband got 5 days compassionate leave plus the bank holiday and from today he has been allowed to work at home with his laptop for up to 2 weeks. I have found the recovery (tummy op) much harder than when I had the mastectomy - at least then I could walk around in comfort and bend down to pick things up ! Does your husband cook ? You won't feel like standing for long initially as your back aches. It's 3 weeks tomorrow since my op and when I got out of bed this morning my tummy didn't feel quite so stiff so I was pleased.

Lenny - Don't forget to phone soon. Wouldn't it be funny if you ended up in the same room that I was in ? Room 30.

Hope everyone else has had a good day.

Sarah F
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Anne,

Lovely to see you on here again, I hope you're well and taking it easy.

I finally got a date and it's June 17th, so 3 months after the original date - seems I did go to the bottom of the waiting list again. I ended up waiting 5 weeks before I even got a letter it was very frustrating.

I am having an LD flap after all, as I want to try and go a bit bigger (I'm only an A cup and that's probably being generous!)

I'm really anxious that it may get cancelled again and won't believe it's been done until I wake up in the recovery room and then I'll check for dressings.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Tracy xxxx

amdamc

Hi everyone. Having had enough sunshine, thought I'd catch up on here. Helen? How do you keep track of everyone, I'm really trying but apologies if I mix up people hehee.

Firstly Heidi - you're very welcome, hope we can help you. Just wish we had the resources to join together and actually help out physically. Like Lenny said, I would tell your children that you really are going to need their help and see what ideas they come up with (should be interesting!). Helen (nell) and I had the belly boob and now at 6 wks post op, I am almost back to normal, and so very very pleased with my new cleavage.

Sarah - like Christina, I've not had any dressings, just glue, and then have had to wear tight sports bra day and night since. Underwired bras?? cannot think I'll every want to have one of those again - wont they dig in on the scars?

Birthday girl - is your tummy itching? its driving me mad. I was told to moisturise, but it gave me a rash, but I'm told itching is a good sign - just not a good look!!

Tracy - good to see you on here, do you have a date yet? and what are they doing?

Does anyone know when we can start swimming? This weather's made me think, plus we're off to Spain in a couple of weeks. Probably will phone my BCN to check.

Have a great day everybody and roll on next week for Lenny - not long now.

Cheers
Anne x

mounties

Helen, Happy birthday and many many happy returns of what i hope will be a great dy and even better year.
Can i also add my thanks for all the help, support and advice you have given us all on here. You have certainly helped me come to terms with being a member of this fantastic club by having the guts to go through with the op. Thank you. I never would have done it without your help and the help of the others on here.

Lenny, as you say this time next week you will be sitting in hospital excited that in 24 hours time you will have a cleavage.Look forward to the day when you tell us about your first wearing of a normal bra again. It feels so good.Can't wait to take my prosthesis back to the hospital, i hope it can help someone in a third world country to benefit from it. We are so lucky in this country.
As you say my battle on the other forum needs to be publicised and as soon as my battle ends, hopefully at a tribunal i will ensure it does.It cannot be allowed to happen to anyone else.

Anne, hope you are feeling better today. At least you have a good excuse to sit in the sun and relax.

I am probably going to catch the train to Birmingham shortly with my son for some window shopping retail therapy.Hope you all have a good day and ONWARD AND UPWARD to us all.

Lenny

helen... 'happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear helen, happy birthday to you!'
hope it is all you want it to be, what a lovely day to have a birthday and yes the only way is up... it is going to be a better year for all of us.

i'm feeling better, not 100% but on my way. my lovely men are my husband and 2 boys, 15 and 13, i've always liked being the only girl!

welcome heidi, sorry you have found yourself here but hope talking to us will give you some support. i think all of helen's advise is good, i would say that the more you prepare your children the easier it will be, i know they are young but i'm sure if they know there is something practical they can do to help mummy get better they will be more than up for it. yes not long for me now, i go into hospital a week today.....

hi everyone else, have a lovely day and enjoy the sun as the forecast says it is set to change tomorrow.

christina just wanted you to know that i read your other thread about your work situation and i'm outraged by what has happened to you and others and would willingly put my name to any campaign that would bring this out into the open and stop it from happening,

sarah talk to you soon,

love,

lenny
xxx

amdamc

A Post For Helen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! - You deserve a good one, relax and enjoy the sunshine.

Cheers and cyber hug
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Heidi...course you are welcome to join this and any other thread you feel will be useful to you. Its good that you have organised childcare when you are in hospital that week. You will probably find...going by my own experience that it would be useful if you could have someone that first week you are at home! But lifes not ideal is it...so if you could get your hubby to arrange things the night before , so that you have things near to you and you aren't having to get up and down too much...that might be helpful. Have you got someone to take the children to school?? When they come home they sound old enough to do a 'bit' of running about and fetching and carrying for you. You will find yourself tiring easily, so listen to your body and rest up when you can. The afternoons could be a catch up time for you with your sleep. Having said that we are all different and recover at different speeds.
Has your hubby asked about compassionate leave. He is probably entitled to up to 5 days I think. It usually is at the descretion of his boss. My hubbys boss prevaricated...and in the end he ended up taking hols owed to him. But he can only ask.

I had a mastectomy on the 20th April this year ...with immediate reconstruction...so kind of missed a 'step' out. I can appreciate the missed out step now....listening to all the ladies on this thread and how excited all are to gain back 2 boobs and a balance. So I bet you can't wait Heidi....keep posting!

Hi Lenny ...bad luck with the tummy bug...but what a lovely walk. And your 3 lovely men are..........? Not long now eh!!
Christina ..I tried several bras on the other day...but still not quite comfortable enough to wear one just yet!!!

Hope the cold is better Anne! Do you suffer from hay fever?
Hi Sarah f. Well done for the walk...its a milestone isn't it? Yeah your tummy will ache...this is my 6th week and I feel like I've just turned a corner so to speak....so it will happen..keep up the excercises...I keep forgetting...but tell myself that housework excercise is ok as a substitute heheheeh!!!

Hi the other Sarah...hope all is well and you are recovering steadily! This glorious weather helps doesn't it?

Hi Helen...how goes it on the appointment front? Keep ringing them up and give them no peace till you get one!!! Hope its soon! Meanwhile enjoy the sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right its my 54th birthday today so gonna open my cards and potter about and relax ....its the beginning of a better year!!!

Enjoy the sun all....sorry its pretty long and waffley. My age you know!! lol 🙂

Helenxx

Jo_BCC

Hi Heidi35

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care forums where I am sure you will receive valuable support, information and advice from the many informed users of this site.

Breast Cancer Care have written a 'Resources Pack' for anyone newly diagnosed with breast cancer which you may find helpful to read, it is filled with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. As it's an A5 binder you can order a free copy from the following link or you can ask for a copy to be sent to you via the helpline.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.718/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publication...

There is information in the pack about our other support services, including our helpline, tel no 0808 800 6000 which you may find useful to use at some point if you need to talk anything through or just need someone to lend an understanding ear. Alternatively if you prefer you can use email:

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

I have been sat here for the last hour reading all your threads. It has been so helpful to read of you all going through same process as me, and what I have in store. Hope you do not mind me joining into your threads...

I am 36, have 2 children aged 7 and 10 and I was diagnosed last August. I had an immediate mastectomy but they would not reconstruct at the same time because they were concerned about where my lump was growing. I had 5 wks of radiotherapy and have been on tamoxifen since January. We chose not to have chemo as statistically it didn't raise the odds very much.

I am booked for my reconstruction on August 3rd. I can't wait. However my concerns are that I have both of my children off for the summer holidays and most of my friends are off on their holidays! will I cope? I have made arrangements for them the week that I will be in hospital but I am just going to have to get on with it when I get home! My hubby has no holiday left that he can take off of work and I am a bit worried. As for the op... I had breast implants 6 years ago, so I still have one remaining. The surgeon said that I possibly don't have enough fat on my back or my stomach (I told him that I have PLENTY on my bum!) and this will make the op more difficult. He will put implant under chest muscle and then do skin and muscle graft. I have not been offered the tissue expander thingy that I have heard you all discussing. Its all so confusing and you put your trust in the person who is operating. Lennie - I wish you luck with yours next week, I will be interested to read how you get on. Would love to hear back from any of you because you all sound so caring and supportive!

Heidi xx

Lenny

hi everyone,

it's always good to catch up on all that's going on helen 2 i'm so sorry about the cancellation of your op.... i think i would go ape if it happens to me next week... hope it all gets sorted soon.

the weather has been lovely i went for a long walk by the canal and then the river on saturday with my 3 men brill day but yesterday became ill with tummy upset... was so bad in the night i thought i was back on chemo. but beginning to feel better now. hey ho. going away with hubby thursday for a couple of days... hope the weather stays good.

christina a real bra... can hardly imagine it.... cleavage hmmmm!

sarah i've sent you a pm... glad everything is progressing well it fills me with hope. anne hope you are recovering from the cold and helen you are always so positive... keeping us all going, thanks

well take care all of you,

lots of love

lenny
xxxxx

hezb

Hello everyone, Thankyou sooo much for your kindness its so good to have you all to moan to! Ps secretary is off today typical!! will try tommorow. This sunshine certainly makes you feel better lets hope it lasts.
Glad to hear your all still doing so well. Christina enjoy your time with your son and try rest in between.
I am now wearing underwired bras but it did take time before i felt comfortable Its just nice to be able to choose nice pretty ones.
Tracy i have answered you on your thread. Love to all Helen2 XX

mounties

Hi Sarah, glad to hear your dressing check went well. I actually had my dressings removed week after my op. Suppose it differs depending on which op you have.

I have started wearing a bra for short periods, feels so good to put a bra on again and actually have 2 boobs to put in. That was hardest part i found after mx, when they put your bra on before discharge and you only have one boob. That really upset me. Bra i am trying is not underwired, that would be too sore, but i am looking forward in future to go for my first bra fitting.

Can see where they are coming from when they say about resting up. Especially after all you have been through. Has it put you off having next op?

My son is at home at the moment from newcastle so feels guilty if i leave him sitting round house bored. Which can make me feel really exhausted at times, but he goes home Thursday and want to make his hols special for him. He has had a rough ride since his relationship broke up after 5 years.

Esskayeff

Morning all - another wonderful sunny day.
Been up to the hospital this morning for dressing check - all ok now so just have tape covering everywhere. They said to keep this on for about 5 weeks. Then saw my PS who was pleased with how everything looked - spoke about not driving until tummy and boob can cope with seatbelt during an emergency stop. Also said to leave getting measured for wired bra for about 3 months when all the swelling should have gone down. Have you had similar advice ?
Next appointment for 2 months time.

The nurse asked if I had a sleep during the day and I said I had stopped now but I did still rest on my bed for a while if needed. She said those that rest more when needed actually recover quicker in the long run than those that push themselves too much so take heed everyone ! I went for a walk around the block yesterday, very pleased with myself but boy was my tummy stiff and sore last night !

Enjoy the sunshine
Sarah
x

mounties

Morning all. So sorry to hear of your op being cancelled Helen 2.It must be such a let down after getting yourself so psyched up and like you say it's closure. Which is why we are all on this topic.Hope the post brings good news soon and everything goes just as you wish it too..

Weather fantastic here in Leicester too.Went to cinema yesterday, first time in 8 years as husband won't go.Saw "Drag me to hell" as son wanted to see it.Please don't anyone else go and see this load of twaddle. I fell asleep half way through, thats how scary it is.

Sarah, i am learning to pace myself more and listen to my body.If it hurts it means i need to slow down. I know its frustrating after we have all been through so much, but we have such a lot to be grateful to these fantastic surgeons for.

Anne hope the cold is getting better. At least you can sit in the sun and get lots of vitamin D.

Lenny another week to go to meet your new boob and have a cleavage again. Hope everythings ok with you.

To all of you on here a very big thank you, it is so good to be a member of this club.

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone on this lovely day....again!!
Hope all are recovering well...take it easy and let the 'rays' do their work too.
Helen I hope you get to hear something very soon about the operation. Feel for you love. Try and enjoy the sun.
Hi to Sarahs, Christina, Lenny and Anne ....enjoy the sun........

Helenxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Helen,

I have only just read your post - I'm so sorry to hear about your op being cancelled, I know exactly how you feel as you know. It is so frustrating when you get yourself mentally and physically prepared for your surgery and that happens.

One thing I will say is, don't do what I did and never really pestered them enough for a new date - they must have thought I was a soft touch as I have ended up waiting another 3 months (and who knows I may still be cancelled again)if you haven't had a new date soon get in touch with PALS, there's usually one based at the hospital and they're supposed to be very helpful.

Anyway, I do hope you hear very soon and don't have to wait long for your operation.

Love,

Tracy x

Esskayeff

Hi Helen2 - sorry to hear about your cancellation. I had my first date cancelled with 3 weeks to go and was very fed up as I was getting psyched up for the date by then. At least they gave me a new date in the same letter - it was 6 weeks later on. My friends kept trying to be positive and telling me that at least the weather would be better - they've been right about that !
Hope you get a new date soon so that you can start focusing on that.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine. Yesterday I pottered in and out of the garden and then my tummy was killing me so had to dose myself up again. It's hard getting the balance right I find.

Lenny - speak later ?
Sarah
xx

hezb

Sorry Helen must of just crossed you. Thankyou for that Helen2XX

hezb

Hi anne, No the letter just said we cannot give another date as yet
and they will be in touch very soon. Just needed to put some closure to all this it is almost 2 years since i first went to see my ps, its seems to have gone on so long. So sorry to moan but feel so low.
Helen2XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Helen...what a bummer...did they give a reason and did they suggest another date? sorry Anne you've just said that...bet you are feeling down. You pysche yourself up for an op so when it doesn't happen its a bad let down. But they will have to give you another date love ...so try to keep your chin up!! Have a rant...we will listen!
Anne hope the cold is getting better...it probably helps that at least the weather is great...the rays are pretty healing.....yep my tummy feels like its at full stretch..must be ready for popping!!!!
I think we are all gonna have blips of emotion now and then and out of the blue, for no particular reason....we've all been through the mill...so even though we're coming out the other end..so to speak..we are bound to have and need occasional hicups, to keep us feeling upbeat. Surprising how more upbeat you can feel after a good cry...can be cleansing.
Christina...ironing!! have you not managed to 'pass' that job on to any one else! Doesn't matter if you haven't I believe 'creased' clothes are going to be all the rage this year...Glad you have slowed down a little...think of you...

Hi Sarahs and Lenny hope the day was nice for you too...all have a good one tomorrow!
Helenxx

amdamc

Oh Helen - I am so sorry, you must be feel so shattered. Have they given you any reason, future date or anything?

Cyber hugs
Anne x

hezb

Hello everyone, got a letter this am they have cancelled my op!!
I am absolutely devastated!! Anne glad to see you back posting hope your ok we all get down its only normal i certainly feel down today!! Helen2XX

amdamc

Hi everybody

Not been on here as I've been whimping out suffering with this damn cold. Really been annoyed at myself for getting down in the mouth, but I suppose it just takes something daft to tip you over the edge.

One saving grace is that I didn't have it a couple of weeks earlier. To keep coughing on these wounds is not good, but would have been pretty awful then.

Anyway, moan over, plan to get in the garden today, but tried to dig a little and that's still not happening. Know what you mean about the firecrakers Cristina - my PS said its the stitches.

Most of my breast pain seems muscular now, still quite tender on tummy scar though.

Hello to SarahF - good luck with your wound - take it easy.

Helen - like the sound of that poppy field - will see you there, with a glass of bubbly of course!

Cheers
Anne x

mounties

Running through poppy fields sounds wonderful, though there would be a few oohs and aahs from me as i am still in pain.Sometimes feels like little firecrakers going off inside new boob. Not sure if its nerve endings trying to reconnect themselves but wish they could do it quietly as it hurts.I'm not good with pain even after having four sons, so after reading your brave postings guess i'm a bit of a wimp.

I am now on dihydrocodeine 2 x 4 times a day. Find them better then the codeine paracetomol combo and constipation easier with them too.

Had no problems with fluid build up thank goodness. Also admitted to myself now that when it hurts i have to stop and slow down to let my body heal. Trouble is you always feel so damn guilty when the ironing and housework is building up.

Always great to hear from you brave souls on here. You are all inspirational.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sarah (f)... no didn't just have paracetamol. At first it was important to keep topped up, then as time went by just took painkillers before it got too bad. Think it was codeine and 2 paracetamol 500mg 4 times a day. I did that for about 5 days then cut down to three. I tried to cut out codeine. Then gradually less paracetamol. Then I alternated between paracetamol and ibrufen. So basically Sarah, wean yourself off as you feel the need. I don't have any now , well just occasionally at night time to ease stiffness, before sleeping.
Sounds like your drain hole was not quite healed up and the fluid needed to come out!!! Glad you got your dressing sorted.

I bet we will all be running through poppy fields in the very near future.....
sleep well
Helenxx

Esskayeff

It'll be a while before I'm running through any fields of poppies !

Had problems with one of my wounds today oozing a lot - I think it may have been a drain hole under my arm. My cousin is a nurse and came round and put another dressing on it and it seems to have settled down now. I also phoned the ward and they said if I was worried or felt unwell to come in which is reassuring. Hopefully I can hang on until Monday now.

I have managed to cut down in the last 2 days to painkillers 3 times a day instead of 4 so that's progress I guess. Was everybody just on paracetamol by the time they came out of hospital?

Hope everyone enjoys the sunshine this weekend and takes things easy !
Sarah (F)
xx

hezb

Hello guys, lenny i havent been cleaning today just enjoying the sun!
I am very excited for next week its been a long haul! not long also for you and you will feel great once its over.
Helen wont be long before your running through those fields of poppies.
Christina i do agree you need to take it easy although it is very difficult for us women! stopped the pain relief about a week after getting out of hospital was in a week. It was making me very constipated so had no choice really. The pain will suddenly disapear in time do avoid any heavy lifting as it still bothers me when i lift something heavy and my ld was 6 months ago, i do think your body tells you when you need to rest, take it easy. Love to all Helen2XX

mounties

Hi all.Glad to hear you are all doing so well.Long may it continue.

Went to hospital yesterday for wound check, saw surgeon. He is drop dead gorgeouus called Rory and he could make you roar!!! Anyway back to normality he is happy wirh my progress though told me to slow down and stop trying to run before i can walk. As he said its a much bigger and more painful recovery then after your mx.

I'm still very sore round the expander port, feels raw.He said it looks ok and boob slightly swollen but nothing to worry about.He will give me little longer to recover before i start being pumped up. So don't have to go back for 4 weeks then will probably have other boob done in 3 to 6 months which will be great.

Hezb, how long after your LD before you were able to cope without pain relief? And does the soreness disapear all together in time?

Lenny i think you are being so positive and i hope you will soon be back on here telling us all about your fantastic cleavage

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...blimey Lenny you were either up late or up early........lol 😉 . Mind on other things I bet. Well its gorgeous weather this morning, the sun streaming in the window woke me up and couldn't get back to sleep. Don't want to waste all this sun!!!

Hi to Anne, Helen, Christina and Sarahs ...the sun should help you recover a bit faster....it makes you want to go out and run through fields of poppies and other wild flowers.....er well that won't actually happen for a bit yet...but doesn't stop you from dreaming...lol:-) sorry just waffling!!

Helenxx

Lenny

hi everyone,

just a quickie to say all is well where i am and hope it is the same for you, helen2 by this time next week will you be done? gosh and then it's me... stop cleaning now and enjoy the sunshine over these next few days....

helen, you are amazing how you keep track of all of us... sarah f i have sent you a pm... so glad to have found you hope anne and the other sarah are doing well...

take care,

love

lenny
xxxx

hezb

Hello everyone hope you have all had a nice day. Sarah i had Ld recon so cant help you with advice on the dressings but like Helen says not long till monday.
Helen hope the fluid in your stomach isnt causing you too much discomfort.
Where is Christina and Anne? Hope you are both ok.
Goodnight all Helen2XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sarah...I had a mastectomy with immediate recon...which was a DIEP free flap...so had fatty tissue taken from tummy to mould into my new breast. ...so it was out with the old and in with the new lol ;-). I also found it hard to sleep on either side to begin with, and needed to prop myself up with several pillows on my back.
But given time you should be able to rest on your side...I still have to adjust myself before I can get a comfortable position. My tummy wound sometimes is uncomfortable on the other side. But mostly can get a decent nights sleep now.

I couldn't wait to have a bath or shower...but couldn't for 4 weeks, when the dressings were taken off. So had to make do with strip washing. You don't appreciate things till you can't have them!!!!

Tough decision Sarah about the dressings. Only 3 days till Monday...

Glad to see you are recovering steadily. Get all the sleep you need love its what your body orders!!

take care and night night all.
Helenxx

Esskayeff

Hi Girls
Good to hear how everyone is getting on. I admit I lose track as to who has had LD op and who has had DIEP/TRAM op.
Helen - you said you have started sleeping on your side (were you tummy op ?). How many weeks down the line are you now ? I was wondering how long I needed to stay sleeping on my back with pillows under my knees.
Lenny - I will send you a message about Mr Birch and then you can ask me anything you like.

Today is the first day that I didn't go for a sleep in the afternoon as my mum and aunt came to visit me from London. It was the first time they had seen me since the op (mum not strong enough to visit in hosp) and they were both really surprised that I looked so well. I felt quite pleased with myself - I shall probably start wilting soon !
One week home tomorrow and I have an appointment with the dressings clinic on Monday. One part of the tape covering boob under arm has got rather smelly - do you think I am ok to hang on until Monday. Did anyone else have this problem ?

Sarah (F) - distinguish between other Sarah !
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all....Lenny its great that you and Sarah are being operated on in the same hospital...you can really swap notes.
Helen you must have the cleanest house around!!! lol 🙂 Will it stop that way while you are in hospital though mmmmmmmmm who cares...right!!!
Hi Anne how are the walks coming along...do you still get tired easy and do you ache? I have some fluid under my breast now ...only a couple of inches of swelling nothing major. I must do my excercises regularly...cos I have a real pull/tightness down the side of my body from my breast downwards, up to my armpit. My reach with this arm is about 4/5 inches shorter!!!!
Hi Sarahs and Christina....hope your recoveries are coming along nicely....take it easy!

Have a good day all
Helenxx

Lenny

i've just been reading a thread i have saved and realised sarah (esskayef) i posted on a thread of yours before you went for your op.... you were asking if there was anyone who had had your op in the same place as you.... i answered as i'm having my op with the same surgeon as you in 2 weeks time.... how amazing that we are posting on the same thread. i would love to talk more about your op and anything i should know about my stay in hosp etc....

really hope your recovery goes better from now on,

love

lenny
xxxxx

hezb

Hello there everyone, Hope your all ok. Anne hope the cold is bit better. Helen i go in next thursday all ive done is clean the house none stop to keep busy so it will come quicker but ive run out of things to clean now!! Hope your still recovering well.
Lenny you are the week after me so not long now and i can assure you you will be happy with the outcome.
Christina hope your feeling bit better and the pain has eased.
Love to all Helen2XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning girls...Helen you've only a week to go, I found keeping busy made time fly a bit more, but just think...in 8/9 days it'll all be over. What day do you have it done...was it wed?
Hi Lenny great to see you back posting.Two more weeks for you...remind me again which op you are having. Its quite normal to be nervous, but once you're asleep...thats it, you wake up with a nice new boob!! Thanks for the info on fluid Lenny.
Christina, I have just started lying on my left side, gently though...it is a nice feeling to be able to have the options of how you can sleep!!
Hi Anne hows it going with you.
Take it easy both Sarahs...chill and watch all that 'luverrly'..not, daytime TV. hehehehe

catch ya later
Helenxx

Lenny

good morning everyone,

i cant believe it is 5 days since i posted, i did start last night but fell asleep while writing! i had a lovely weekend, there is nothing like being with old friends, on monday we went punting on the river, eating strawberries and m & s sandwiches in the sun - bliss! so now it is back to reality... 2 weeks today is my op, i've so much to do to be organised. i am really scared by the proceedure and coming round in particular, thats why it is so good to read everything you all write as it not only informs me but helps me to realise it is worth it.... a cleavage and 2 boobs!

hello to both sarahs, nice to meet you i joined while you were away i do hope your recovery goes better from now on and other sarah that you manage to get on here when you want to. christina you are an inspiration there's no stopping you is there? just be kind to yourself.i know what you mean about the 2 different ops and i think everyone around us thinks it is the easy one, my friend asked me if i would be having my op as day surgery!! anne so sorry about your cold nothing worse look after yourself and let others do the same. helen2 tiny or not it is an op and you are entitled to worry about it! helen i had loads of fluid after my mx even had to have it drained on my holiday, hope it sorts itself out soon.

well rambled on as usual, hope you all have a good day, it is raining here perhaps that will inspire me to get some work done!

lots of love,

lenny
xxx

hezb

Hi all, glad to hear the sarahs are on the mend, It certainly sounds like a very difficult recovery!
Hope you have all enjoyed your weekend and anne your feeling abit better now.
Christina, the expansion isnt painful just feels very tight, i had very small amounts put in over a number of weeks (3 months)so its a very slow process but maybe they will do yours quicker every ps is different.
Anne, glad you have had a nice weekend. Its next week that i go in been getting silly panic attacks dont know why i feel so anxious as its only a tiny little op. Cant wait to get it over with now. Love to all Helen2XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there Sarah great to see you up, about and doing ok. Sounds like you had a tough time...I had lots of fluid drained from me 2weeks ago, by a syringe. I started getting fluid again the following day, I have also got some below my breast...so I might ring the bcn. You could probably do the same if you're uncomfortable. It feels like you are about to 'pop' out of your skin, so tight not a nice feeling.

glad you are back Sarah
catch ya later
Helenxx

mounties

Glad you enjoyed your trip to the seaside. I think just seeing the sea makes you relax and feel better. Won't be long before you are parading on the beach in your bikini.

Think i am trying to walk before i run as i am so tired tonight and would love to sleep on my left side again but due to expander i am unable to. Just too sore.

Has anyone else had expander in? Is it normal to feel so sore?

Lenny not long now are you excited at prospect of waking up to a cleavage again?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls ..had a great time with my sister and hubby at the seaside. Found I still didn't walk far before feeling quite stiff and achey, actually wondering if the hormone treatment is kicking in. Weather was great and we had a few laughs, walked on the beach and a picnic....just what the doctor ordered!!!
Not had expander in Christina so can't help you there. Not gone into a bra yet either...still more comfy in a crop top!!
Anne what a great time to have your daughters wedding, you will be able to go into overdrive with trying on different 'low tops or dresses'.
Anne have you had any swelling below your breast...I appear to have some as well as my tummy still. Might ring the bcn later this week!
Helen is it next week when you have your op?
Continue to enjoy the weather and relax everyone.
catch ya later
Helenxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone! Im the Sarah booked some way back now on 23rd April - it was since changed to the 29th. I am having real problems - I used my real name for my user name and the administrator advised me against this. I can't now see to access my account so bear with me.
Anyway, I am nearly 4 four weeks post op - bilateral diep flap! Progress is slow but good and I think that is due to the fact that I am very impatient! Does anyone get more swelling in their tummy as the day goes on. I can't get any of my pre-op jeans/leggings etc on because my tummy feels so tight! Is this normal! Its doing my head in because I thought, tummy tuck and all, that I would be slimmer even with swelling! Was in theatre for 11 hours which they said was good for both sides and 15 hours in critical care. The scars are looking good and both surgeons and nurses are impressed with how neat everything is - courtesy Paul Harris, Royal Marsden! Anyway, if I go quiet it is because I can't log in -

To everyone out there - keep smiling - whatever gets thrown at you and its so lovely to have someone to chat to without the staring sympathetic eyes of friends and family who I always seem to want to reassure!

Loads of love!
Sarahxxx

mounties

Sarah, So good to have you back. We have all been so worried about you.
You have been through it and you are so much braver then me coping with all that life threw at you whilst still recovering from major surgery.I don't think we all realise sometimes what we have been through as it's not life saving as the mx is so i know i have been guilty of looking at it as trivial in comparison.

I am still very very sore where the expander port is and boob looks very bruised. Is that normal?

Due to go to hospital this thursady for wound check then have to wait 4 weeks after to see ps again to decide when inflations start.Does that hurt? As you all know i am a real coward when it comes to pain.

Wore bra again yesterday but think its too soon yet as still tender under boob.

Enjoy your cleavage Sarah it is great feeling to look down and see a cleavage looking back at you again. Just hope all pain and sleepless nights will be worth it in the end.

amdamc

Morning everybody

Hope you all had a good bankholiday. Unfortunately I caught my son's cold who caught it off my husband, so our house was like a drs surgery this weekend - just glad I didn't cop this a few weeks ago, coughing is not nice on that tummy!

So glad to hear you're ok Sarah, bit of a rough trot to begin with by the sounds of it, but now you're home, chill out and enjoy everyone else looking after you for a change - the cleavage is so brilliant isn't it!! I actually wrote a letter to my PS saying what a difference to my life he had made in just these few weeks, felt a bit stupid doing it, but he said he was pleased to receive it and Christina, I just couldn't go for the big soppy kiss - poor bloke would have run a mile!

Hope you enjoyed the seaside Helen, and Lenny I hope you're feeling better, it really will be worth it all in the end.

Get this cold over with then I must start getting my head around my daughter's wedding in August - eek, nothing to wear yet!

Cheers all
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh wow Sarah...what a trial you've been through! We wondered where you were and hoped all was fine....which for the first few days it obviously wasn't!!!!! Going in for this op is a bit of a trial but, you seem to have had over and above your share. Glad that things seem to be ok now though. Goodness me...I didn't start feeling like I could up and do somethings until week 3/4. And this last week is when I've done a couple of walks. And each time I do...my hips and thighs ache. But I still feel like I'm moving forward, although at a sedate pace!! So don't worry about how you are feeling this early on Sarah...its tiny baby steps to begin with. I still feel shattered quite easily...but I'm starting to push myself a bit now. It may be weeks before you feel your energy levels getting there...so don't worry....listen to your body, sleep when you have to, rest when you have to and take it day by day!!!! You've done it and come through with a satisfying outcome....yeh another boob!!!!!!!
take it easy Sarah
Catch ya later
Helenxx

Esskayeff

Hi girls - I'm back !
I came home on Friday lunchtime after 9 days in hospital - a bit longer than planned. I had a couple of blips while I was in there. Had my surgery on Wed 13th, back in recovery by 4 and ward by 7. By 9.30 the nurse said the flap had changed colour, doctor was called and by 11 I was back in surgery having 2 blocked veins fixed.
Sat out in the chair for 15 mins on Saturday then on Sun was walked into the bathroom to sit on a chair for a wash. Had just started when the next thing I knew I was the wrong way round on my bed with 6 faces looking down at me - I had fainted in the bathroom due to low blood pressure and blood count. The next day I had a blood transfusion which raised my BP and I started feeling better !
I felt like I lost 2 days of my recovery.
The day I came home I put on a crop top and it was amazing to look down and see a cleavage.
Tummy is sore, keep dosed up on paracetemol.
Despite everything I must say it is still worth it.
Can't believe Christina walked for 2 hours - I can only manage 10 minutes before I have to sit down. The difference between LD and tummy TRAM !

Glad to hear you are all doing well

love Sarah
xx

mounties

Hi all, Hope weekend has been kind to you all. Weather here in Leicester has been fantastic today, had another lovely long walk.

Wore bra for first time today. Bought sports bra yesterday and it felt so great to wear a normal bra again instead of the hammocks you wear with your prostesis. Couldn't stop looking down and seeing a cleavage again. How good does that feel.

Can't wait to see ps again and give him big soppy kiss to say thank you for giving me my life back again. They really are genius's and i will never begrudge one penny i pay in taxes to train these brilliant people. Do you think they realise the magic they perform they on us psychologically and phsyically.

Who'd think 2 weeks ago i was sitting here terrified of my op.

Guest user
Not applicable

You are amazing how fast you have picked up and are motoring Christina....but be careful not to burn yourself out as well...lots of rest in between!!! go girl!!
Hi everyone else...have a great weekend....too right it has to shine now Helen....we deserve some healing 'rays'.........

Helenxx

hezb

Hi there everyone, Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Dont know the Sarahs but hope all is ok! Lets pray for some sunshine fed up of the rain!! Take care all Helen2XX