cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIEP booked 18 April - EEek

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: DIEP booked 18 April - EEek

Oh girls, I think I have had the worst day for a long time!!! It even beats getting my op cancelled twice.

I was parking in a disabled space at the supermarket with my Mum, whom is disabled, and next to us was a car with people in it who had no blue badge - I remarked to my Mum that they didn't look very disabled and I had a mind to report them. Unfortunately they heard and got really nasty. One of them - a woman - followed us into the store and started ranting on and on, called my Mum a silly old cow and let rip, the thing was that she couldn't make a logical argument and said the most ridiculous things, one being 'I'm showing you up, everyone's looking' she was the one they were looking at because of the shouting. Anyway, I stood my ground but did feel a bit shaken and still do.

I should have kept my remarks to myself I suppose, but it infuriates me when people use disabled spaces that aren't entitled to and that lot were the straw that broke the donkey's back.

I am so angry and brooding over it constantly, that I am thinking of going into work tomorrow just to keep my mind on other things.

Glad I've got that off my chest, sorry to rant!

Love to you all and let's hope Heidi's numbers come up tonight - if they do can I have a loan out to hire a hit man?

Tracy xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

ok, i have bought THE ticket!!

Fingers crossed everyone, you have to be in it to win it!

Could not fit everyones numbers in but these are the numbers

Am out tonight so won't be able to check them till tomorrow, so if we win a million then crack open the champers!!

Heidi xxx

hezb

Hello everyone, Helen have a lovely break away and get your feet up! not going anywhere this time think i might tag along with you Christina we can do a shirley valentine together!!
Lenny im doing ok haven't said much about my op because it was such a little one but im healing well just very tender still but it looks so great i am delighted with the result. hope you all have a great weekend catch you all later love Helen2XX

Lenny

ooooo i just wrote a long post and it's disappeared! how does that happen?

well time has gone for me so here is shortened version...

heidi if i'm not too late my number is 7... enjoy your events this weekend and shop til you drop... body won't let you post op.

anne bienvenido a casa.... i can't wait to swim with 2 boobs

tracy enjoy this weeekend... all will be well for wednesday

sarah.... driving wow... see you soon i hope. and a hol in spain, not jealous at all!!!

helen (nell) have a wonderful weekend, the weather should be good tomorrow.

helen 2 you don't say how you are hope you are healing.

christina please remember that you have really good new friends on here and we are genuine... thanks for telling me about micheal jackson.

me.... my wound is till yukky and has to be changed daily and still comes thru'. my weekend is busy - my youngest is going away camping today and my eldest has his prom tonight... bow ties the lot... and tomorrow is my nieces 18th.... o and yes my lovely new house.... you'll have to come for a bbq when we are in....

my last post was more interesting... but no time now,

have a good weekend all of you enjoy every moment,

love

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...Tracy not long now...Wednesday will come and go so quickly...after all thats the best bit, you're asleep....Fingers crossed that this is the lucky three...I'm sure it will go ahead!!

Ola Anne...half a width girl, thats fantastic,it'll be a length next then the world is your oyster!!! Keep it up now you've started! Your hols sound like you did the right thing....pamper, pamper and pamper.Good for you love.I don't know when my ultrasound is not got the appointment yet....still waiting...and waiting heheheehehe

Lenny how goes it with you. Bet you're tired and wondering why! Bet you're impatient to get your body going and do things! We all were, give it time and sleep when you have to...I mean you'll soon have a house to put in order! It will need all your brain power, and your ability to direct your hands eg 'yes that goes there..and that goes there...no not there.....' etc heehhehehe

Helen..21 is a good age to be! Don't change it. How are you doing, well I hope...Are you going anywhere this summer?
Hi Christina...re Shirley Valentine, in the end she had a really good holiday didn't she,...but perhaps not for 'real' life eh! Take care, sounds like your op is doing really well!!

Sarah, I bet it feels great to drive again! It must give you that bit more freedom. I don't drive! I haven't been in your position of having to have a prosthetic, but can well appreciate the freedom of not having to wear one now...clever surgeons eh!
Heidi I realise that you aren't counting down the days but here's a heads up...5 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS TO GO!!! can't do the hours.......
Fingers completely crossed for the lotto on Saturday!!! Wouldn't that be just great!!!

Well Anne I'm not going anywhere as exciting as Spain, but I'm tripping off to my sisters caravan again this weekend and a few days next week. So take care of yourselves and I will catch up on the chat towards the end of next week. Tracy...good luck love.

catch ya soon
Helenxxx

mounties

Hi all, isn't it sad about Michael Jackson. Can't beleive he has died so suddenly and so young. Not forgetting Farrah Fawcett of course.

Heidi thanks for doing the lottery, maybe we should start a syndicate where we all take it in turns to buy the winning ticket.Wouldn't it be a great laugh to win and go on that carribean holiday together. I am sure we would all get on, we know each other so well now. Have a good weekend Heidi, it sounds a fun one.

Tracy, just think this time next week your op will be history and you will be chuffed to bits with your new cleavage. Hope all goes well for you and you let us know you are ok.

Anne, good to have you back and glad you enjoyed your break in the sun. Raining here today, must feel cold to you after the spanish sun.

I know it sounds pathetic but sadly i have no mates to go away with. When i lost my job my so called mates/colleagues went with it.So no chance of a girlie holiday unless i go alone and do a shirley valentine.

Helens x2 hope you are well and life is treating you good. Always good to come on this site and read your postings, always.

Lenny how are you? Is your wound drying up now?

hezb

Hi there, Heidi could i have number 21 just my age! i wish.
Not long for you now it will go so quick! is it the Ld recon your having?
Tracy good to hear from you only a few days to go sooo exciting! keep busy and it will be here before you know it.
Lenny hope your still doing well and getting lots of rest.
Helen,sarah and christina hope your enjoying the sunshine lets hope it stays for a bit longer. Love Helen2XX

Guest user
Not applicable

ps

5 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS TO GO!!!!

WHICH BREAKS DOWN INTO 936 HOURS!!!

WOOO HOOOO

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Our WINNING numbers so far are 23, 36, 39, 9 13, and I chose number 4. Think I need one more - so Lenny, if you don't log on in the next day i will chose for you!

Sounds like you had a great holiday in spain, swimming is a great exercise isn't it? I joined a gym in january to try and combat the weight that i am piling on with tamoxifen, I havent been for 2 weeks so am currently paying out £68 a month for nothing! (Must make the effort to go on my day off tomorrow!)

It is going to drive me nuts if i can't drive for 6 weeks!! I am a shopoholic - will have to take up internet shopping during my rehabilitation i think!!

Very hot and sticky down my way of the country tonight, shame weather yukky for weekend, am out for a friends birthday tomorrow night for a spot of dancing and wine glugging and then Saturday night there are 9 of us doing a bike pub crawl round our village - should be a giggle.

Lots of love to you all, will buy our WINNING ticket on saturday.
Heidi

xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Anne,

Glad you had a lovely, relaxing break - sounds idyllic!!

I'm getting myself psyched up for next week, I'm going in on Tuesday and being operated on on Wednesday (alledgedly!) I am still a bit anxious incase another 'big emergency' crops up and I get cancelled for a third time - I'm dreading someone offering my PS free tickets for the centre court at Wimbledon on that very day!!!

I've loads to do at work between now and next week, including ordering all my Christmas stuff for the windows so I shall have lots to take my mind off things.

Hope you have a lovely weekend, the weather is supposed to be great.

Helen, Glad you're home and feeling ok.

Heidi, Can I have no. 23 please (not my age unfortunately!)

Lenny, Christina, Sarah and Helen - hope you're all well.

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone!!!

Love to you all,

Tracy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

amdamc

Ola everybody - I'm back home and have been reading all your chats - its brilliant, feel like we really know each other and firstly the most important:

No 36 Heidi for me please - my age (I can dream!)

Hope you're all enjoying this brilliant weather, must admit its nice to come home to. My break in Spain was absolutely brill. Did virtually nothing but relax, eat and drink. Saying that I did try swimming, bit of a joke really, forgot that one arm hasn't had much use and wouldn't propel me along so hubby had to do his baywatch bit and save me. After a couple of days trying I was able to do about half a width so now must get to the pool at home to keep it going. Sooooo nice not to have that hot sticky prothesis, those of you you've had them know what its like when you're in a wet cossy and it droops everytime you bend and not worrying if someone can see your scar all the time was just amazing.

Lenny - moving house? You practice your delegating skills girl, no lifting anything too heavy and hows the tummy?

Christina - real shame about the holiday thing - can't you organise a girls weekend away when you're all done and dusted to celebrate?

Helen2 - glad to hear you're home and all went ok.

Sarah - that puffy, red area - I have it. As long as its not hot to touch, very red or painful I wouldn't worry. I had the exact same thing after mastectomy and to be honest the more I exercised the better it was, just keep an eye on it. How many weeks will you be by your Spain trip?

Helen - when's your ultrasound? I'm got a bit like that around my belly button, which I must admit no-one has ever looked at, nor my stomach scar either. I'll get it checked in August I suppose when I see him again.

Apologies if I've forgotten anyone - saying that, Tracy are you out there?

Enjoy the tennis everyone, Murray on soon, time to put feet up (again!). hehe.

Cheers
Anne x

mounties

Could i have number 39 please if there is still one going spare. Always thought of it being my lucky number and could certainly do with some good luck now.

Esskayeff

Heidi - I'll choose 9 please !

Happiness is wearing a v-neck top and not having to worry when you lean forward ! Think of the shopping sprees we can go on when we win the lottery.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine - I think it is disappearing for the weekend. We are having a family party for my father in-law's 80th birthday on Sunday eating out but then everybody is coming back to our house for cake. I will be delegating the teas to someone else !

Drove my car for the first time yesterday (6 weeks) just up to our local shops and it felt good to get a bit of independance again.

Lenny - hope the oozing is slowing down. I had a few oozy places for several weeks and one bit of my tummy scar has taken until this week to finally dry up.

Question for those that have had op. I have a light red area, slightly puffy, spreading from the outer edge of boob ,under my armpit and round a couple of inches on my back. It's not sore, no open wound so don't think it is an infection. Could it be a build up of fluid or would that be more recognisable ? Any advice gratefully received.

Finally we booked our flights to Spain on Tuesday for the 3rd August. Just hoping I can walk pain free by then....

Love to everybody
Sarah
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all....I would choose 13 Heidi....its just got to be lucky sometime hasn't it?
Have a good day all
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

ok girls. all pick a number each and i will put them on the lotto saturday night and see if we can come up with winning numbers between us all!!!!

x

Guest user
Not applicable

Wow Christina...thats fast work...getting levelled up super quick...great stuff. Will you be getting a new nipple or do you have one...not sure now. And your other breast is the one thats the surgeons altering? Have I got the wrong end of the stick!!I'm asking because my surgeon hasn't discussed any of this yet! Mind we did have different ops. You mean you really really don't want to go to Norfolk!!!! lol 🙂

Hey Heidi...not counting the days down then heheehehe 5wks and days, it will go pretty quickly....especially if the weather keeps good, you can enjoy the best of it then have the op. Fingers crossed for the lotto then!!!!
Hi Helen..you sound real 'perky', great stuff!!You get off somewhere, even if its in 'bits', do you the world of good. How is the op holding up? The bone density results will only be given to me if there is something wrong. I can choose to ring bcn up. But this time I'll leave it up to them. I'll receive results when I get my 4 month check up with them anyway.

Don't forget to bring rock back Anne heheehe
Lenny take care and pamper away...you've got great weather to recuperate....take it easy!!
Hope all is ok with Tracy and Sarah too.

Right going to catch some more rays...can only do it in bits..it gets too hot for me...sigh..

catch ya later
Helenx

mounties

What a great bunch you all are on here. Definitely worth having recon just to get to know all of you.

Heidi i will be watching this site with baited breath after Saturdays lotto results waiting for u to ring to say what time the flight to paradise is. Good luck with the lotto numbers. Not long for you now is it till your b day (b + boob), hope you are feeling confident and excited at the prospect. Did you get your childcare sorted for the school hols?

Anne are you back from your spanish break yet? Hope it was everything you deserved it to be.

I went to see plastic surgeon yesterday for another expansion, told him about how excited the Gp got at feeling my new boob and he had a good laugh at it too.He is hoping to do 3 more expansions then second op in August.Really looking forward at being evened up again.

At least if second op is August i can have good reason not to go on hols this year.So no more Norfolk yippee.

Lenny hope you are ok and wound is drying up. It is such a confusing time isn't it when you don't know whats right or wrong.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

OOh, Lenny, an oozy wound, why is it oozing? You sound very upbeat, it must be very stressful having a move admist all of this, I suggest a large glass of chilled white wine as often as possible!
Hearing about all your ops makes me feel soooooooooooo excited! 5 weeks 5 days to go!! whooooooooooppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Mounties - sounds like Norfolk is not top of your list of paradise places! If its going to be Norfolk, i reckon you should book THE most luxurious and restful hotel you can find with all sorts of pampering treats, you deserve it. Actually - we all do!!! If my numbers come up on the lotto this week I promise I will take us all! (not if i only win a tenner tho) lol.

Lots of love to all of you!!!

Ps, what a load of rubbish on the tele tonight.

Hides xx

hezb

Hello girls, feeling good today got a more supportive bra that holds me in the right places, all this talk about holidays makes me really want to go somewhere! but dont think that is going to happen this year! glad to hear your all doing so well lenny hope the oozing wound gets better soon. Helen did you get your bone dencity result. Christina just tell him if he wont go with you then you will go with
out him!! Not long for heidi and tracy, tracy will be thinking of you next week hope your ok. hope Anne is having a lovely holiday and sarah hope your doing ok take care all love Helen2XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh the vision of your doc poking and prodding your breast Christina, a gem heheheheh. The medical staff are fascinated though aren't they? When I was in hospital, visiting medical staff would come and have a glimpse and a prod...you get used to pulling up your clothes for just about anyone.......mmmmmmmmm, does that make us 'flashers'.
Shame about the holiday Christina but Norfolk is nice and flat as well, which might be a bonus when you are walking long ways.

Lenny...sorry to hear about your oozing wound....hope it takes a turn for the better soon!! So not moving till the end of July eh! Well that gives you a bit more time to relax and recover. And even then you might just want to be the coffee/teamaker and sit and direct. take it easy!!

Yep I bet you're getting all excited now Heidi....not too long to wait!!
Hope you're enjoying your hols Anne, Hi to Sarah,Tracy and Helen..take it easy too love, have a good day all.

Helenxx

mounties

Hi Helen 2, so glad your op is behind you. What a relief it must be to know that is it now no more men in masks. The food in hospital does leave a lot to be desired. What ever happened to these chefs they were paying to funk it up a bit?

Lenny you sound brilliant so soon afer such major surgery, as everyone else has said just take it easy. I know us women get very impatient and feel guilty letting everyone run round after us but we do enough of it when we are well, so make the most of it. Good luck with moving. Whereabouts in the country are you?

Thank you for all the tips on getting husband abroad but as neither of us have passports be very difficult to take him. He refuses to get a passport as he has no interest in seeing the rest of the world and what it has to offer. A very selfish man in that area unfortunately. He did fly over 30 years ago, didn't enjoy the experience so refuses to do it again. So looks like Norfolk again this year. I could always get a job as a tour guide been there that often. lol.

Heidi, not long now. Are you getting excited or more nervous?

I went to my Gp yesterday and he was fascinated by my recon said he had never seen one before and couldn't stop touching my new boobie and going on about me being bra less !! Not sure what effect it was having on him.

Lenny

hi everyone,

so good to hear your op is over and done with helen and you're home safe and sound. christina hope you get your man abroad, why not try a long weekend somewhere that has something he is into.... eg football - barcelona has the most amazing football stadium that you can visit and you can always go to europe by train!! sarah hope you're still progressing well. anne are you back from your trip to spain yet ?... not jealous at all. helen (nell) you are so good at keeping our spirits up.. thank you. heidi enjoy these balmy summer days before you have your op.

i am progessing slowly...too slowly! had an unexpected trip to hosp yesterday, as my tummy wound is weeping, yuk! got to dress it everyday, don't like things like that. mother and brother in law arriving today to help with sorting new house... not sure if it is a blessing, we don't always see eye to eye!! the house is really exciting, we have been trying to move since the beginning of last year and now it is going to happen. yes i will be directing everyone but that is also what my mum in law likes doing....we hope to move at the end of july, hey ho.

well have a great day all of you,

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there Helen...was thinking about you earlier and wondering how things were.You sound full of positiveness (mmmm is that a word?).
Great to here how pleased you are. Not so good with the fainting bit! did you hurt yourself !! Bet you you stuffed yourself once you got home...hospital food is not all that!!
Take it easy now , no running or dancing for a bit hehehehehehe....

take care all
Helenxxx

hezb

Hi there girls, Im back its over at last it looks fantastic!! thought it wasn't going to happen when i got to the hospital there was no bed for me! waited all morning sat in the day room feeling so alone thinking i was going to be sent home was so upset!! got a bed at lunch time then finally went for op at 3.30 was so hungary and thirsty! Strange but it has been so painful do not understand why! guess what girls i fainted in the toilets on thursday night think it must have been the lack of food and the anesthetic.
Feel bit better today thank god helen2xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...Heidi, good advice!!! Is it because he doesn't like flying Christina? And it doesn't matter how old they get, children are still your babies, just more grown up! So understand how you feel Christina!

Lenny you sound real 'perky', great stuff. Moving house! Congratulations...I assume its happening soon if you have the keys. Let others do the fetching and carrying...you do the supervising!!
Take care not to overdo it! Rest up even if its on the sofa as they are moving it! lol hehehehe

Helen...hope all is going well with you love, look forward to 'hearing' from you.

Have a lovely day all
Helenxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi mounties!!!

Just go and book the holiday and then tell him!!!

xxxx

mounties

Hi Lenny, good to hear you sounding so cheerful so soon after your big op.

I know it is hard when you have to sleep on your front and the pain is wearing but 6 weeks on i am almost pain free and just about sleeping on my left side again. That feels so good.You will get there to just be patient with yourself.

Congrats on moving, wish i could persuade my husband to. We live in a 5 bed and there is only the 2 of us. Seems mad to me but hey ho!!

Thanks for your words re me having some me time. I know its true but at the moment so concerned about son still with him being so far away and alone.I know i have to let him grow up but i can't bear thought of him being lonely.

Anyone got any tips on how i persuade my hubby to take me abroad? After 30 years of trying maybe its time to admit defeat though i would love to show my new boobie off to the sun.

Lenny

hi everyone,

so good to hear all your news... so jealous of you anne - spain is one of my favourite places, do you need an interpreter, i speak spanish!!

heidi, you sound good... yes i am in pain and no i'm not sleeping well but all in good time. i do have strong pain killers as i have a bad back. it is definately the tummy that hurts most, no real pain around my new boob. i am being looked after really well.

thank you for all the advice sarah, it was good to talk tonight. christina i'm sure something will come out good eventually on the job front... in the mean time you deserve some me time! and i'm sorry about your son... you know what they say ' the only way is up!'

helen i'm sure the surgeon is right and the ultra sound will just make you doubly sure....

ooh my big news today has nothing to do with boobs... we just got the keys to our new house!!!! so just the minor problem of moving now... hey ho,

have a great weekend everyone,

lots o love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Have a fantastic time Anne....what a good idea....show those boobs to advantage and flaunt them girl!!
Hope all are feeling fine...Lenny hope your 1st weeks recovery ........is coming along nicely!!

Oh the surgeon thinks the hardness is necrosis....a damaged lump of fatty tissue...he looked disappointed but said it should 'melt' away in time. But just to be 100% sure he's sending me for an ultra sound!

Enjoy the weekend all
Helenxx

mounties

Have a great break Anne, hope the sun shines for you and you enjoy tanning your new boobs.

Look forward to hearing how it was when you get back.

Safe Journey

Christina xx

amdamc

Hi everyone.

I'm off to sunny (I hope) Spain in the morning until Wednesday for a much needed break. I have checked with my BCN that its ok to go swimming in pool and sea so looking forward to that. Have been trying on some tankinis and my belly button's not where it used to be!!

Helen - I haven't had a SNB, some were taken first time round and then the rest went after that, but my BCN did say that the blood vessel connection for the recon went from under the arm, so maybe yours did too. Thats the one place I get tender if I do any lifting - went supermarket earlier in week and really must of done too much cos it became hard/swollen and sore again for a couple of days, settling again now.

Hope you all have a good week, rest up those that need to and look forward to catching up with you again later.

Cheers
Anne x

mounties

Hi all. It is so good to read your posting Lenny. You sound so chuffed to bits with your new boobie and rightly so.
It does take it out of you in many more ways then you realise i think. But then you look down and see that cleavage and it is wonderful.

I am virtually pain free now nearly 6 weeks since op. I can't believe how quick the time flies by. Especailly given the nervous wreck i was just before it. Sorry Ladies, i know i was terrible bag of nerves.

Heidi, the time will fly by till you are waking up after your op, looking down and having the beaming smile that only us brave lot are entitled to.Makes everything worthwhile.

I feel ready to return to work now, pity i no longer have a job to return to but i am starting to look.

Esskayeff

Hi all
Lenny- I took 2 paracetamol 4 times a day for about a week after I came home. Then gradually reduced them so now I just take 2 at night (5 weeks after op)and I could possibly do without them. Last week on some days I took 2 early evening because after being for a walk my tum was really stiff so I dosed myself up.
As for sleeping - when I first came home I always woke at about 4 or 5 and took tablets. Have you put pillows under your knees ? I have gradually reduced those as well but still have to sleep on my back - so now rather than tummy pain waking me it is backache !!
Hope you have all your boys looking after you. My son was on tea and coffee duty.

I have had lots of friends coming to visit me and find it funny that I am so ready to flash my boob at them (and the flat tum) - still find it so amazing that my tummy is now my boob.

Hope everyone is well.

Had another present from my cat today - dead mouse.

Sarah
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Lenny - great to have you back - you sound thrilled with the results, it makes me even more excited about mine - 6 and a half weeks to go!!! Are you still in a lot of pain? Have they given you strong pain killers to come home with? Which hurts more? The boob or the tummy?? Hope you manage to take it easy and that everyone is looking after you. How long are you taking off of work?

I have had a very busy week at work, but have tomorrow off thank goodness. Am getting my nails done first thing and then have to tackle the housework as nothing has been done for a week! Nothing much planned this weekend, hoping for sunny weather again.

Lots of love to you all

hides xxx

mounties

Hi all. Just to let you all know i am back.

I have been to nEwcastle for the last 10 days looking after my son and sorting his flat out since his gf left. I cried most of the way home after leaving him. They are alwaays your baby aren't they and its awful to leave them alone 200 miles away.

Went to hospital yesterday for my first pump up and it was so weird. Felt like i had a football on my chest watching it get bigger as the consultant put the fluid in.

I am now nearly pain free and i wake up every morning feeling so confident and happy at my new boob.It really is a miracle what these fantastic Drs perform on us. God Bless every singl one of them

Lenny fantastic you are home and happy, well done you.Helen have you had your second op yet?

Hope everyone else is blooming with their boobies and as Anne so rightly said it is just like giving birth, they even look like a babies bald head!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lenny so great to have you back....bet you've had an ear to ear smile on your face since the op!!! As Anne says take it easy these first few weeks...let others run round after you...I do sleep on my side now and its great, have done for a few weeks!!Clever surgeons eh!...Both breast and tummy will take a few weeks to 'settle down', but all is good. Have you come home with a drain Lenny?
Enjoy your two boobs....you've waited long enough so enjoy them now.
Nice to look down and see a cleavage isn't it.......................

Take it easy now and sleep whenever you need to....you will feel tired .....
catch ya later
Helenxx

ps ..I didn't know about my tummy button until the first check up, it just felt strange and a bit higher up than normal, makes you wonder what else they do while you're under....heheheheehe

amdamc

Hi Lenny

Welcome back, glad you're pleased with the results - its amazing isn't it? I never would of imagined just how thrilled I am, how its made a huge difference to my confidence and how brilliant the surgeons are.

It is a bit of an experience those first few days isn't it, but what the heck, its like giving birth a bit, absolutely worth it all.

The pain got better about two to three weeks in, do you have a corset to hold it all in? If not "hold it all in big knickers" really help. Re sleep, its the pits if you normally sleep on your front - I'm still on my back but thats due to my heamatoma, I'm sure Helen in sleeping on her side again by now. A V shaped pillow was a boom for me - bought it from ebay.

Just you take it easy, so tempting to try to do things when you get back, but don't, give yourself a few more weeks and let the family run around and pamper you for a while.

Nice to have you back.
Cheers
Anne x

Lenny

hi everyone,

i'm back!!got home yesterday before miday and vegged for the rest of the day, can't believe how tired i was.

just been reading all your poasts and thanks for all the cyber hugs, well wishes etc. especially thanks to sarah for keeping in touch with me.... just think we could have worn the same pink nightie!!! now there's a thought.

first things first, i hope i've caught you before you go for the op helen.... this one is plain sailing, i had upset tummy right up to the day of mine and i'm certain now it was anxiety... you'll be home soon all done and dusted... lots o love.

just thinking, this time last week i was in op. theatre... didn't get admitted night before as there was no bed but was so relieved that op wasn't actually cancelled. all went well i think i was boringly easy (i knew my lovely pear shape figure would come in useful one day) came round from anesthetic with hardly any probs... but she did say the next couple of days could be worse and they were.
took a bit of getting used to all attachments and bed baths etc, especially when i couldn't get back up the bed and 3 nurses had to slide me on the sheet back up! the most exciting thing was when my dupla (no idea how to write that) machine broke sat/sun night. i then had a series of drs including the on call consultant to check if my new boob was still ok.... it was and is..
i've kept the best to last... the new boob, so cool, how do they do it? sarah i think we have a wonderful surgeon! saw him yesterday and i couldn't stop smiling. i keep looking at it and flashing it, my son had to remind me that he is my son and it is not cool to look at mums boobs!! it's just so natural looking, can't wait to have the other one adjusted and what about the belly button? somewhere in all the info i missed the bit that said he would build a new one, incredible!
my stomach has never been this flat in living memory, in short i'm sooo pleased i had this op it is the most positive thing that has happened since i was diagnosed.

now the down side is the pain... when does it start to get less, how anyone has a tummy tuck cosmetically i don't know. and any tips on how to sleep would really be gratefully received

tracy and heidi hold on, your turn will come and it is so worth the wait. sarah hope the oozing is better, helen and anne hope you are having a good day...christina haven't heard from you for ages are you ok?

well must shut up now, how can you tell i'm half irish? good to be home and back connected with you all,

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...thought you might be a window dresser Tracy...is that the same? bummer about the parking ticket though. Good luck Helen..all 'batting' for you. Have a nice day all. Its pretty cloudy here though!
Anne did you have a SNB at any time...it just dawned on me in the early hours...as it does...that this 3 inch hard tissue in my breast, could be a result of the small bit of radiation they put in me to 'find' the sentinel node during my first op, it leads to the axillary scar...... if so it might be a permanent thing...hope not its a bit tender now.

Have a good day all
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies,

Hope you all had a lovely day, what beautiful weather! Not much fun being stuck in the window though as it's like working in a green house*.

I got myself a parking ticket today, which was very annoying, but typical of my luck! I honestly think if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I've contested it so hopefully they will cancel the blooming thing.

Helen, good luck - not long now!!! We'll miss you on the forums while you're in hospital - can't you take a lap top in?!!

Love to you all,

Tracy xxx

*I just realised that sounded a bit odd, I am a visual merchandiser which is why I was in the window.

Guest user
Not applicable

All the best Helen.....catch ya when you come back....{{hugs}}
Helenxxx

hezb

Hello hope your all ok today,
Lenny hope you are home and doing ok and resting lots! and most of all hope you are happy with the result so far. Thanks all for your good wishes had an upset tummy today think its excitement!! Helen hope the bone dencity scan goes ok i had one in Feb showed thinning of bones so they have changed me back to tamoxifen from arimidex! have to have another in two years. Hope it also goes ok friday and he makes you feel more comfortable. Anne dont be doing too much!
Let you know when i get home love to allXX

amdamc

Hi Everbody

Welcome home Lenny look forward to hearing all about it and good luck Helen2, not long now. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend in London Heidi that will take some beating.

Hi Helen, good luck with the bone density, I have those as Im on Femara. How often do you have to have them? My tummy seems really strange, soft and squidgy in places and rock hard in others. Boob is gradually settling, still can't sleep on my side, but getting better, do know it if I try too much, gardenening and shopping yesterday was definitely too much, ache some today but on the whole improving gradually. Wonder if you'll be drained again? that sounds really awful when you read it back! Whatever they do I hope it makes you more comfortable.

Had my heart check this week, all ok, so another box ticked (my heart had reaction to chemo) so no reason to not get on my bike a bit more often. Do want to start swimming again, but keep forgetting to ask BCN - anyone out there know when you can keep soggy for any length of time after recon??

Hello to Sarah, Tracy, Christina, sorry if I've forgotten anyone.
Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thats good news Sarah...thanks for the info. If you are up and about Lenny...which I'll be surprised at...take it really easy and sleep when you have to, and excercise too...says me who forgets most days heheheheeh
How are things doing with you Sarah? You'll get there!
OOOOh Helen one more home day and then thats you off too....not long.
Hi anne ... I have a bone density scan tomorrow..routine..because of the arimidex...but on Friday I see my onc.Think he will have to drain fluid again...its got really hard now! How are you doing love?

Hi Christina, Heidi, Tracy...hope your day is great!!

take care all
Helenxxx

Esskayeff

Hi all.
Text from Lenny this morning and she was coming home at 11.30 today.

I think I'm getting used to all this sitting around - going to be tough when it's time to go back to work !
Hope it's sunny where you are
Sarah
x

hezb

Hi all, Lenny should be back with us soon hope your recovering well.
Helen im all set for action and counting down the days! Hope everyone is ok Love Helen2XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all...what a fantastic weekend Heidi....Helen bet you are raring to go...Sarah thanks for the update on Lenny...she'll be 'out' soon. I couldn't wait to wash my hair...first thing I did when I came home.

Sarah..I think its hard to be patient, you can walk about so you do do, but the energy levels don't live up to the mobility level. I still get very stiff if I sit for any length of time..which I find annoying now that my energy levels are up as well. So patience is something we have to have...sigh... But I found at week 6/7 things seemed to pick up for me...give it a couple more weeks and rest when you have to.

Anne, Christina, Tracy hope the weather where you are is as nice as it is here....ooops the sun has just gone in....won't tempt fate anymore.
Anne when do you next see your ps?
catch ya later
Helenxx

hezb

oh my god Heidi you have been mixing with the stars this weekend! so glad you had a nice break. Well Tracy its strange but i also feel its going to really happen for us this time!! Helen think i will only be in one night 2 at the most if its up to me will be home the same day!! Dog sitting for my parents 2 weeks after op they have 2 westies and they are very spoilt so need to get fit and healthy for that and i have to even cook them meals! chicken, pasta, rice etc and i get the left overs!! lets hope the sun lasts love to all HelenXX 4 sleeps to go!!!

Esskayeff

Heidi - you picked the best weekend to go to London obviously. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

Lenny had sicky day on Friday but ok yesterday. Then had a sicky night last night. Feels better now though and very happy as had a hair wash ! It's funny that she has the same nurses looking after her as I had.

Gorgeous weather. Made my husband take me out yesterday to our local shops so managed a slow walk around them. Then last night I treated Steve and my son to a meal out at the Trout pub outside Oxford - it's by the river and was featured in Morse. It was nice to go out.
My trip out today was to Sainsburys for a capuccino and pannini and then we were going to the garden centre but after having a nose around the clothes and stopping to chat to a friend my tummy had had enough and wanted to go home ! Keep thinking it is 4 1/2 weeks and I should be stronger but I think I must stop being impatient !

Heidi - I'm on Facebook. Will send my email to you on PM so that you can find me.

Sarah
x

Guest user
Not applicable

What a fab weekend!

We went to harrods on friday night, and talk about right place at right time - al fayed walked out of a door, approached us, shook our hands and chatted to us and my 2 kids, gave them a lollipop and had a picture taken with us - he was a really nice man!

Then on saturday morning we decided to show the kids Buckingham Palace, not realising it was trooping of the colour, found a front row position and ten minutes later saw the queen and prince william!

Did the dungeon, and london eye, rainforest cafe, covent garden, piccadilly, all the main stuff. We are all absolutely shattered but break has done us all an immense amount of good.

I have to go away with work tomorrow for a few days so will post a note later in the week to you all. Enjoy the sunny weather. PS - are any of you on facebook??

Hides xxxx