1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIEP booked 18 April - EEek

Lenny

Re: DIEP booked 18 April - EEek

yes we have the heating going! and the gas fire.. which i can hardly believe after the wonderful weather heidi, sarah and i had on friday. we had such a good time.... chat chat chat chat! exhausting. anne the topic of conversation wasn't the only thing that was of interest to those nearby... it was when we started showing scars/cleavages and proding boobs that we gave the best entertainment! not sure what it is about this disease that either produces beautiful women or perhaps only happens to the beautiful... you know i don't mean just physically... i felt really blessed on friday.

how exciting about the tweaking... nearly at the end of a very long journey... i was told that they would mammo the new one as well as the old, every area is different.

just to keep you all up to date on my boy tom.. he has just landed to role of gaston in beauty and the beast. so we will all be singing new songs until march next year.

hope all is well with those at work and going back to work and stars of tv!and recovering helen,

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

amdamc

Hiya

Lovely picture of you all - would love to have seen the other diner's faces when earwigging your conversation hehee.

My mum's ok thanks Heidi - she's in her eighties, and lives in Hampshire, couple of hours drive, so I try and go and stay for the odd week now and then. This time was on mission to get her new TV - she keeps wondering if she should have a computer, but only just getting to grips with a mobile - help!

Saw my breast surgeon on Friday who wants me to have mammo before op, so booked in for that next Friday - will def. NOT mammo the new one, "no point doing a mammo on your belly" as he put it. And they will still do them on my good breast after it has been tweaked - ouch!

Love to all - anyone else got the heating going??
Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Lenny, Sarah and I met up for lunch today, it was so great to finally meet them and have one of those hugs that we are always all giving each other via cyber space. We didn't stop nattering and I had a really lovely time. Hope to meet them again soon! (don't know what the diners thought of us all comparing bits of scars! ha ha)

Have Drs on Monday, will discuss the swelling and see what he thinks it is, and also get signed off for another 3 weeks, don't feel quite ready to go back yet, I am enjoying being off and finally having some time coming to terms with the last year!

Anne - is your mum ok?

Nell - great to have you back. x

Love to everyone else.

Heidi xxxxx

amdamc

Hi Everybody.

Have been away looking after my mum who doesn't have a computer, felt really lost, how awful is that!

Have sat and read through the postings and am amazed at how much has happened - well done to those on the TV, Cathy you go girl, shame I missed it all.

Helen, good to see you posting again - I'm down to be "tweaked" 16 November, but am seeing my original breast surgeon this afternoon just to clear up bits - will I have mammos again after? Will it increase chances of problems in good breast etc etc. My PS says my op in Nov. will be about hour and half, needing an overnight stay and about 2-3 weeks to recover. Must get Christmas shopping done beforehand she says hopefully...

Heidi, sorry to hear about your problems, fingers crossed for you, let us know how you get on. Have a lovely time when you meet up with Lenny and Sarah, would love to be fly on the wall.

Love to all.
Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all...Have a relaxing time this weekend all...especially those of you who have started back at work!!! Lenny. Sarah and Heidi have a lovely meet up...think these meet ups are well special...hugs to all.

catch ya later
Helenxxx

Lenny

hi, everyone.... i'm a clever girl coz i realised it was you cathy, i said to my husband that's one of my cyber friends!! well done again.

heidi and sarah only 2 sleeps till our lunch! so sorry about the lymphoedema heidi, i have it in my arm but don't know anything about it in the breast. i did see a post on the furums a while back about it tho' . when we meet we can talk properly. see you soon.

helen you have no idea how good it is to see your face on here and to read your posts... hope you are still progressing. what a year you have had!

lyra and tracy hope work is going well and anne i hope life is good.

still so proud of all the ladies on here who made a differance this week, we have something special on these forums.

well look after yourselves,

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Cathy...was that really you? Brilliant it was...what a caring super way you came across. You should be very proud of yourself. They actually mentioned that they may do more with you talking about the subject...it was on at 8.20. Again well done girl...we need someone like you speaking out for us....we are all very proud of you!!
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey everyone - good to see you back Helen!

OK Heidi and Lenny, time to 'fess up - yes, it was me on Monday morning, sitting on the 'Red sofa', trying not to make a complete fool of myself!!

BBC1 approached on Friday(!) me as they'd read through the posts following Debbie's contact with them and said that they'd like me (along with others here) to 'add' something - little did I know they had the 'red sofa' on BBC1 breakfast in mind! I was also asked to have a little chat on 5 Live with Nicky Campbell at 7.40 (I've listened to this.... its very unnerving to hear yourself on radio!). I really want to watch back the interview I did with Diana Jupp (Director of Services as BCC) to make sure I didn't make a complete ass of myself but can't find it on i-player (it was the 8.20 slot but they may not have included it. Anyway, that's my confession.

I was proud and flattered (and ever so slightly terrified!) to be asked to do this and will happily do anything to raise awareness of this disease and get people talking and thinking about it and most importantly, acting on any 'unusual' symptoms etc.

Must nip off for now as have to get back to work but hope everyone (especially Helen) is doing well. Heidi, I hope they sort your recon out and it turns out to be 'part of the healing process' and nothing that needs surgery. You look so good, it would be a shame to 'mess' with it so good luck.

Lots of love to everyone. Cathy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all...Oh Heidi love...it must be a worry, but you are in good hands, they do know what they are doing. I have some very caring breast care nurses who will answer most questions I ask. Make sure you think about questions before you go and ask them.....its your body and your worry. I'm sure it will be just fine though......let us know!
Take care everyone else

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

WOW!!

Just read through the whole Katie Price thread thing.... Cathy well done! Am going to search for you on bbc website.

I am sooooooooooooooo proud xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone!!!

What is this about Katie Price??!!!! What has she done?? And was it Cathy on tv? If so will she be on the news or something later? Do tell?!!!!!

Helen - great to have you back, thanks for your message, so glad that you are ok... xxxx

Meeting up with Lenny and Sarah this Friday, am so looking forward to meeting them and having a natter.

Had Meg off school for last few days - bit unsure if it has been swine flu, guess i will never know but it certainly fitted all the symptoms.

I am off to see the breast care nurses next week - am a little concerned that i have lymphodeoma in my new breast, trying not to panic but am bit worried, i don't want to have to lose this breast again now i have got it back.

Lots of love to all - will be interested to hear about the katie price thing.

Heidi xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls...I saw the katie price thing too....I went for the 8.30 airing rather than the 6.30. You're right Lenny it is great to see these girls speaking up for the rest of us and making complete sense.

Hi Tracy..back at work eh! take it easy, pace yourself if possible, although you sound like you are run off your feet...make sure you have restful breaks.....Hi Lyra, you are back at work too, take it easy too and cat nap when you can. Sleep the weekends away and build up your energy levels.......

Hi Cathy, Anne, Sarah, Helen, Heidi....sorry girls I hope thats everyone...If anyone is going on holiday or just been, good for you..well deserved breaks!!!

Is anyone having their 'tweaking' done within the next month or two, if so I would be real interested in exactly what is being done. Anne you are the closest in op date to me...have you had your appointment with your ps yet? I'm seeing mine this Friday...

Sarah have just read your 'tweaking' session with your ps. How innovative....rice eh! my natural one is a bit bigger too and it was briefly discussed last time...ie lifting the ok boob and putting a nipple on the other. He also said it would be a local anaesthetic.....

have a good day all
catch ya later
Helenxxx

Lenny

cathy was that you on the telly this morning?... so exciting to see the ladies from this forum making a differance in this world. if it was you, you were amazing, well done and if not then the other cathy was too.... saw the cleavage!!!

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Helen,

It's so good to see you back on the forums. I am absolutely delighted that the tumour was benign - what a relief!!

Take it easy (I'm sure there's no need to tell you that) and let everyone look after and pamper you for a good while. You are always so caring and thoughtful to everyone of your friends here on the forum.

Sending you a great big cyber {{{{{hug}}}}},

Love and best wishes,

Tracy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls...thank you for all your kind messages and thoughts. I haven't felt up to posting until now.....you all seem to be just fine and are moving on with your reconstructions. I have my plastic surgeon to see next week....but to be honest, I find that hard to be my priority at the moment....I'll just see how I feel when I see him next week.
The tumour was benign so everything is clear and fine!!!!!
My eyelid is a bit droopy as a result of the op. My mouth won't open very far either ....but hopefully time will mend the nerves ...will start with some eyelid pushups eh!
My walking and speech are nearly ok now....made big steps this week. I get tired real easy, but again thats just time. Feel a little teary at times, but I know that that is the process I have to go with, and its a relief letting it happen, and it will get better.

take care all, I will keep posting now and then.
catch ya all later
Helenxxx

Lenny

well we finally have a date to meet up.... sarah, heidi and myself... perhaps we should all where yellow carnations!!

good to hear everyones news concerning work and further surgery.... well done tracy for making it a week into work.... i do think it will be a while before we are back to full strength... i still get really tired and tummy begins to hurt.... i love shop windows it would be good to see yours.

lyra my neice has just gone to uni for the first time and my sister in law is in pieces... so i know something of what you are going thru.. your boy will be ok coz you brought him up to be..

cathy the break sounds great we are counting down to our trip to gran canaria in october..you are so good at knowing what week you are at.

helen not heard anything in a while... hope all is going well and we will hear soon... you are missed

sarah... rice? freezer bags? are we seeing the same mr birch? nothing as exciting was said to me.... mine i think is the right size and i'm having the good one lifted.

heidi so looking forward to meeting up when do you actually go back to work? and anne keep moving forward.

i've recovered well from my fall and have now made the floor safer... just my tummy that hurts and not sure if that is work related or the aftermath of the fall. tomorrow i'm off on a date with my hubby, while the boys are at school... supposed to be nice weather i hear....

lots of love and hugs to all,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I've been back at work for the last week so have n't had much time to post.

It was awful the first day I went back, I didn't know which way to turn or what to do first and ended up in tears on the phone to my boss (very embarassing) but the next day I had calmed down and all has been fine since.

I am going to start making Christmas decs next week, and then the Christmas windows go in the 3rd week of October so I'm really run off my feet. I am getting help, so don't have to lift or carry anything.

Hope you're all well,

Lots of love,

Tracy xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Boo!!!

Hi Lyra and everyone!

I've been to Jersey for a few days and have been busy at work hence no posting but all's well.

Lyra, you brought back memories of my 1st week back to work (w/c 24 Aug). I went back on week 15 post op and was totally shattered after 1st & 2nd week working 1/2 days, then last week did 9/2. I'm on leave again and then go back to 9-4. Watch out for the tiredness and it's best to listen and have a little kip if you need it (some days I don't but more often need an hour or so here & there). Fuzzy head - oh yes, can fully identify with you there. As for 'hard tummy', I had this (in area below new 'teenager' belly button!). My tum's softened up a bit now (week 19) and I'm walking like a demon as the softness seems to have encouraged a little 'sticky outness', mind you, have been o/d'ing on chocs!! Hope work continues to go well.

Lenny - oooops, what are you doing throwing yourself about. I remember falling over a few weeks back - terrified me but also helped me not be so 'precious' about tummy but it was shocking when it happened. Do hope you're better from that misadventure.

Helen - oh, lots of hugs to you! Can't imagine what your recovery's like or how you feel but know that there'll be a hell of a lot of love and support waiting for you. I'm trying to be clever like you and remember everyone but know I'll fail, ah well!! Take care x

Tracy - hey, how's work going? Did you brave it in the end? If you did, hope all went well & you didn't overdo it (oh good grief, don't I ever stop?!)

Heidi - well, you're just too fabulous girl!! Lovely photo and so glad you had a lovely night out, what a boost!

Anne and everyone else (I know I've probably forgotten names), hope all's going well and recoveries are smooth!

By the way, did you all see the 'My New Breast', especially all you DIEP/LD flap ladies - wow, so that's what they got up to when we were sound asleep, I've been itching to at least see some of the op!!

Lots of backdated love to everyone. Cathy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Thanks Lenny and Anne for sharing your decisions re "tweaking". I feel a bit more prepared now for when I see my ps in October, and clearer about what I would like to happen. I see what he suggests, but I think they need to match nore for my liking.

Well, went back to work this week. Only did half days, and even with a lighter load when at work, yet the tiredness took me by surprise. Had to have a nap on getting home on wednesday afternoon!! Doing half days again next week whilst I build my energy levels back up, and then we'll review at the end of the week. Took my eldest/first son to uni yesterday, so I guess getting all the stuff ready for that over the past week in addition to going back to work, has also made it tiring. I'm so excited for him and proud - but today it's really hitting me and I keep feeling the tears coming. My daughter is very amused because he was quite often a pain in the **** at home and it's beyond her why I'm missing him so much already! But I really do miss him badly. He's been away before on holiday, but this is different.

Anyway, trying to keep myself busy and distracted, but also trying to rest up cos my tummy has gone all hard again and feels swollen (does any other dieps have this) and I'm becomimg paranoid that I'll lose my newly acquired flat stomach, plus my breast is a bit sore towards the armpit. I'm also getting all fuzzy-headed again. And keep wanting to cry (missing my first baby..)

So, now I've offloaded all of that, how's everyone else doing? Love to Helen if you're checking the threads - hoping you're recovering well, and keep checking myself in the hope of hearing from you. Lenny - sorry to hear about your fall - I can imagine that must have been such a shock. Hope you've recovered from that. Heidi you look absolutely gorgeous - stunning photo. Haven't heard from Cathy in a while - hope it's just that work and life are so busy at the moment there just isn't time to post rather than anything being wrong.

Love,
Lyra xxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

Had my first night out with my boob last night!Went into town for a friends birthday and danced the night away. I bought a gorgeous dress especially to wear and I felt a million dollars. I can't quite describe the joy i felt of being able to go into a shop and choose something i LIKED rather than something that didn't show that I only had one boob. Felt a little self conscious wearing it at first last night, as new boob bigger and I thought everyone might stare and notice, but I only got admiring glances so chuffed to bits about that!

Sarah - sounds like you have had a blooming hard week! hope you are coping with juggling work/home etc.

Lenny - did Tom hear back from the latest auditions that he has done?

Lovely sunny day here in Southampton, looking forward to x factor and strictly come dancing tonight!

Lots of love to everyone - Helen, hope you are continuing to make steady progress.

Heidi xxxx

Esskayeff

Hi everyone
Hope all are well. Not posted for a couple of weeks as I have had a combination of work,2 funerals,hospital appointments and husband's op to contend with !!
Last week I had my oncology check up. Just wondering if anyone is in a similar position to me. November 2010 I will have been on Tamoxifen for 5 yrs and thought that I would stop taking them then but the onc said we will have to decide what to do then as they won't know whether I am still pre menopausal or post menopausal. If post I get the impression I would be given arimidex. She said if on tamox a blood test doesn't give a correct reading for pre/post menopausal ? I may have to have injections to stop my ovaries working or have them out. Seems neverending......

On Monday I had my PS apptm and I now have to decide whether to have my other boob tweaked and nipple on new boob. He thinks my natural one is a little bit bigger than the new one and then relayed my options. Could have new one made bigger by injecting fat from tum and then lift old one or have old one lifted and made bit smaller! More decisions !
He needs me to measure the difference between them using a freezer bag filled with 200ml of rice,mould around each boob and then somehow by adding or removing rice you get the difference in volume between the 2. Anyone else been told this ? Lenny ?

Helen - hope you are recovering well and will be back on here soon.

Trying to find a date when Lenny,Heidi and me can get together - not easy !

Hope work is going well for those gone back. My brain is just starting to function again !

Love to all
Sarah
x

Lenny

hi,

just catching up with all of you...

lyra i'm on the waiting list for the good boob and nipple, my ps said it would be the end of this year - beginning of next. i don't need a reduction, just an up lift. i took the point of view that i live with them every day and anything that can make them more normal is good. i have a very understanding work set up and feel like a veteran where the general ann. is concerned... not that i won't be anxious on the day! remember no decision is the wrong decision; you must do what’s right for you!

anne so sorry we won't see you in your glad rags... i'm intrigued about your past problems! looks like we are on the same path at the moment. 2 years ago we drove to spain and toured for 3 weeks, right down south and all over - we loved it.

heidi we can make a monday or friday... so come back with some dates, i'll pm my tel to you.

helen i hope every day is a better day and you are getting stronger as i write. we wait patiently to hear news from you.

tracy, cathy how is work? and val and helen2 hope all is well with you.

have i missed anyone out... probably!

me i had a scare yesterday - i was in on my own and slipped and fell, flat on my back and now i feel like i've gone a round with mike tyson. no serious damage but the shock was awful... i just cried! shows i'm still vulnerable i think, anyway my men stepped up to the mark a rushed home to look after me....

have a good rest of the week,

love,

lenny
xxxx

amdamc

Hi Lyra

I'm the same as you in having my new breast slightly smaller than the other and definitely less droopy! I have decided to go for the tweaking otherwise I would have to pad out my bras on the new side and that's what really infuriated me after the mastectomy. I feel I managed the major diep and really want no chicken fillets, prothesises?? etc etc.

Am having my droopy one reduced and nipple put on new one. PS reckons one and half hour op, overnight stay and two weeks to recover. Im going in Novemeber sometime, so should be ok for Christmas - family will have to do my shopping (some hope). Thankfully I don't have the work problem, I gave up when this all kicked off again, but can understand your not wanting to take more time off. Having said that, after this is all done and dusted I do want to get back to doing work of some sort, just not sure what??

Good luck with your decision, and best wishes to everyone.
Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Oooops, sorry I seem to have posted the same message twice. Probably pre work nerves.....

Lyra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

So good to hear from you Helen, and that you are safely back home. Rest up now and recover, and we're all sending healing vibes to you.

Hope your first day back at work was fine Tracy. I start back tomorrow and have been "out of sorts today" - it will actually feel really strange going to work!! Not sure if I can remember how to do what I do!! To be honest will be relieved when the first day is over - things are usually never as bad as I anticipate. Also getting a bit jittery about my first going off to uni on Saturday... Feels like momentous changes occuring all round.

I spent a bit of time this morning looking into nipple reconstruction and alterations to the "good" breast. My reconstruction is slightly smaller and less droopy and although in a bra the difference isn't noticeable, and my partner says it looks ok, I notice the difference. However, I can't say I want to have any further surgery and what was always referred to before as "tweaking" seems a bit more involved than that to me - entailing general anaesthetic and a couple of weeks off work for breast uplift and/or reduction. Just psyching myself to going back to work, and don't want to take any more time off. Emotionally I don't feel ready to make these kind of decisions, but am preparing myself for when I see my ps early October, which will be the first time I've seen him since my op. Is anyone thinking about having any adjustments?

Glad you had a lovely holiday in Spain, Ann. Wow, driving all that way!! We drove on to Spain one year when we were camping down in the south of France and it was quite a trek!!

Hope all is well with everyone,
much love
Lyra xxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

So good to hear from you Helen, and that you are safely back home. Rest up now and recover, and we're all sending healing vibes to you.

Hope your first day back at work was fine Tracy. I start back tomorrow and have been "out of sorts today" - it will actually feel really strange going to work!! Not sure if I can remember how to do what I do!! To be honest will be relieved when the first day is over - things are usually never as bad as I anticipate. Also getting a bit jittery about my first going off to uni on Saturday... Feels like momentous changes occuring all round.

I spent a bit of time this morning looking into nipple reconstruction and alterations to the "good" breast. My reconstruction is slightly smaller and less droopy and although in a bra the difference isn't noticeable, and my partner says it looks ok, I notice the difference. However, I can't say I want to have any further surgery and what was always referred to before as "tweaking" seems a bit more involved than that to me - entailing general anaesthetic and a couple of weeks off work for breast uplift and/or reduction. Just psyching myself to going back to work, and don't want to take any more time off. Emotionally I don't feel ready to make these kind of decisions, but am preparing myself for when I see my ps early October, which will be the first time I've seen him since my op. Is anyone thinking about having any adjustments?

Glad you had a lovely holiday in Spain, Ann. Wow, driving all that way!! We drove on to Spain one year when we were camping down in the south of France and it was quite a trek!!

Hope all is well with everyone,
much love
Lyra xxxxxxxxxx

amdamc

Hi everybody.

Have just returned from much needed holiday where we drove to Spain. It was an amazing experience and coupled with the wedding, an absolutely lovely few weeks.

Helen, so glad you're home and hope you are being wrapped in cotton wool by that lovely family of yours. Thinking of you and look forward to your hearing from you soon.

Wow heidi, that's some cleavage! - unfortunately due to problems in the past, I can't put piccs on here - the forum is too open to the public - if it was just for your eyes only I'd put some of me in my glad rags at the wedding, but too dicey.

As for healing stage - all well, except I went into the sea and a tidal wave (I know I exaggerate!) hit me and I've pulled something, so unforunately not able to do too much housework and ironing for a little while hehee.

Hope it went well for your first day back at work today Tracy, and best wishes to everyone.

Cheers
Anne x

Lenny

hurray you're home helen, so glad you take your time doing NOTHING!! bet you men are glad to have you back. we look forward to hearing from you when you have the strength etc.... just good to know you are home.

yes heidi southhampton isn't too far... somewhere like winchester comes to mind as a place we could meet.... and i noticed the cleavage before you mentioned it - lovely!! happy birthday to louis for yesterday....

enjoy the sunshine everyone and yes val it does uplift you,

love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

ps, new photo is louis opening his presents in bed and my new cleavage proudly on display! xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Nell - so pleased that you are home, hope that any pain you have is under control and everyone is looking after you. Lots of love to you.

Lenny - I am near Southampton, that shouldn't take long to get to Oxford should it?? You must be sooooooooo proud of Tom, I am proud of Tom and I don't even know him! Keep us posted with all his auditions!

Louis had his 8th birthday yesterday, thank god birthdays only come once a year eh! Am exhausted! He had a lovely day though and got lots of lovely pressies.

Weather foreceast looking good for weekend, have an afternoon planned with my book, a friend and a cold beer, this is the kind of rest and relaxation i have been waiting for since the op!

Have a good weekend everyone, and much love to you all.

Heidi x

scottishlass

Hi Helen, I am glad to hear that you are back home again. I would like to hear how it all went but realise you will be very tired for a while. If you do have time to spare and want to tell us your story feel free to send a Private message to me. I know nothing about brain tumours but it has always been on my mind that I could have brain mets one day. Hopoe the sun is shining for you to lift your spirits. It does it for me. It is a lovely bright day here. Love Val (Scottishlass). XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls...got back home yesterday and busy taking it easy now. Hope you are all doing fine. I'll pick up in the next few weeks.

take care all
Helenxxx

Lenny

hi everyone,

i'm just doing some posts before starting to make my ng way upstairs for a dvd in bed and then sleep, i'm exhausted today mark and i cleaned the house from top to bottom!! and then a buisness lunch followed by another meeting at 3pm...... real life has really kicked in!but really it is not up to full speed just my capacity that is still somewhat limited.

heidi and lyra so glad that the perspective hols went well, we have one booked for half term to gran canaria, how soon can i start the count down? going back to work is good for the reason cathy says, it draws a line under the illness.... shows we are moving forward. it's a drag coz it is nice waking up and knowing you have a valid reason for not going to work...like you say lyra doing what you want when you want....

heidi i think meeting up would be good, not sure wether sarah can make during the day with her work but will ask. where are you?

well done about the house tracy, hope all goes thru without a hitch.... and i have a great tip for moving, let everyone else do all the work and you be master mind who tells them what to do!

helen so hope you are ok and all went well with the op, you are never far from my thoughts.

sarah sorry i got mr birch and onc mixed up.... that would be chemo brain again. hope work is ok and also for you cathy.

good to hear you again helen2..... and anne hope you are ok.

tom says he thought he had to have reconstructive breasts to be part of the thread!! to answer your question, he is auditioning for the oxford panto in a couple of weeks and he starts rehearsals for beauty and the beast next week! o and maybe hairspray... o yes and he has just started 5 a levels, in his spare time!

well i'm signing off now, hope we have some news from helen soon...love to you all,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lyra,

I'm feeling a lot better about returning to work next week, I was dreading it for a while. I think I had good used to doing what I wanted, when I wanted. But I must get back to reality and the sooner the better I suppose.

I was feeling very stressed out as we have sold our house and have been hunting for a small bungalow (down-sizing) we exhausted the supply of available bungalows in Hornchurch and have finally found a lovely one in Chadwell Heath, which we dismissed at first but it turned out to be perfect. Our offer has been accepted so, fingers crossed, it will all go smoothly. One less thing to worry about for the time being!

I hope everyone else is well and, likewise, I can't wait to hear from Helen which will hopefully be very soon.

Love to you all,

Tracy xxxxxx

hezb

Helen, still thinking of you. Hope you are home and taking things easy. Love Helen2 XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Thanks for keeping us posted on Helen, Heidi and glad you had a good, restorative holiday.

Welcome home Helen - if you are home - and I hope everything went smoothly. Time to recover now and put to use on yourself all the kind advice and loving care you've given the rest of us. I know it sometimes is easier to tell others what to do than apply it to ourself. Sending you lots of love.

I had a lovely holiday myself. The sun shone, the views and scenery were spectacular - it was very gentle and relaxing. Climbing up to tiny spanish villages perched on mountain tops was a bit of a challenge for the old tummy muscles, but maybe ultimately did some good since this week my stomach has been feeling less tight. The last couple of nights I have even thrown off the support knicks and bra (with reckless abandon!!) and slept on my side!! Sooo nice..

Back to work next week and the following weekend we take my oldest son up to start uni - so excited about that but also starting to feel the enormity of him leaving home - quite a life stage, starting off on his own/leaving the nest ...

I guess some are busy back at work this week - Cathy and Lenny? Hope that is going well and you are pacing yourselves. I'm feeling much more positive about starting back now, more "ready" for it, and that it marks another aspect of "getting back to normal" and moving on. My brains functioning better now - must admit have been a bit concerned about losing the capacity to think. But it will be a shock to the system - I've got quite used to doing what I like when I feel like it - and being "out" for whole days in itself will probably be physically tiring. Tracey I think you're going back to work next week as well - how are you feeling on that score now?

Anne - glad you had a wonderful time on the day of the wedding. Memories to treasure.

Warm wishes to everyone else recovering and getting on with life. Can't wait to hear from Helen again and hear that all is well

Lyra xxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Me again.

Have had a text from Helen ....

She had the op done on Friday, and is still in hospital. She said she feels weak on the left side, and should hopefully be coming home tomorrow.

Heidi xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

I text Helen last week and she said that her op had been cancelled 3 times, poor thing. I text again on Saturday and didn't get a reply, so am hoping that this means she has finally had the tumour removed. I will keep you updated if i get any more news. Helen - when you get home and read the posts. we have all been thinking of you every day. x

We had a really wonderful week on the Isle Of Wight. We had really good weather - and yes lenny the weather was particularly good on the Monday. Only had 2 dodgy weather days but the rest glorious sunshine and it has done me the world of good. I have got a nicely sun bronzed new cleavage now!

Louis started junior school today, had a big lump in my throat waving him off this morning. He looked so tiny to be going up to the big school. Only an hour till i go and pick him up and i am counting down the minutes!

Recovery is steady but definitely making progress. I am driving now, although it aches after ten minutes or so. I have found that i am unable to do the weirdest things following this op. If I have to reach out and use my fingers or hand for something - it is very difficult to move my fingers as i want them to eg. turning off a plug socket at the bottom of the wall. Reaching up to turn off light socket, cutting my toe nails! It feels very strange and am hoping it will ease with time. New boob still sitting very high and hard, am using the bio oil on it now, have also found that the bio oil is excellent on face wrinkles -give it a go!

All sorts of strange horrid side effects started with the tamoxifen in the last week, won't go into details but they are not nice! Can't complain though as i have been on them for 9 months though and i am only just starting to get s/a now. As I am nowhere near menopausal age. it feels odd to be having all the symptoms. My skin feels rough, and my hair is dry, wish i could take some sort of herbal remedy to try and counteract it but i can't.

Hello to Tom - our male supporter! What is next on the horizon for you?

Anne - glad the sun shone on you all for the wedding, you need to post a pic of the wedding onto your profile!

Sarah and Lenny - so nice to see you are both meeting up! Oxford only hour and a half away from me - maybe we could meet up for a lunch or coffee or something before i go back to work in October?

Lots of love to you all, hang in there, remember all of this makes us stronger people. 🙂

Heidi xxxxxxxx

Lenny

good morning one and all!!

tracy, cathy i agree with cathy, you are right to sound off on here... don't be sorry.... truly hope all gets better soon.... the 14th is still over a week away so make the most of it.

cathy so glad work is something positive and of course you are getting compliments... you've been 'built better than you were before' at least that's what i tell everyone! thanks for the message for tom.... i'll tell him when he wakes up.

heidi and lyra are you back from hols yet? hope all was absolutely amazing and you both showed off the new cleavage!

i have read on another thread (someone had talked to her son) that as of the 4th, friday, helen had not had her op.... that she was hoping for it that day... hope you have had it now or at least have a concret date, waiting is so awful... we miss you.

anne i bet you have been re-living last weekend, did the happy couple go on honeymoon? are they back yet? and you still have the photos to enjoy.

sarah hope all is well in your house and the getting back to school went smoothly and give my love to mr birch when you see him!!!

well i'm off for a busy day so catch up with all soon....still loving my house and my new boob!

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Helen - thinking of you and wishing you all the best. x

Hi Lenny .... and hello TOM, are you going to be our mascot?! Welcome to a thread full of lovely ladies.

Yes Lenny, my 2nd week went well and am bowled over by lots of compliments I've been getting (paranoid that people are 'just being nice' but I've been smiling a lot so maybe that's it!). It's good to be back a it kind of 'draws a line' under the 'sick leave' period - well hopefully anyway! Hope all's well with you.

Hi Tracy. You brave thing, venturing back to work (might be worth 'practice lifting' just to guage what your tum can & can't do (I still can't swim but can walk 5 miles a night so my tummy still has some catching up to do but we're all different). You're NOT feeling sorry for yourself, you've got a lot 'on' what with work return looming, bungalow searching etc and I'm so sorry your dog isn't well - hope it's something not too serious? (it used to break my heart when either of mine were ill so I understand) Do hope he(?) recovers soon.

Lots of love to everyone else, hope all's going well. Cathy x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lenny (and Tom of course!)

The piccy is lovely, you both look really happy and enjoying each others company. I really must change my profile pic, as I don't look anything like that now - I have very short brown hair, am as pale as putty and twice the size!!!

I have decided to go back to work on the 14th September, I can't pretend that I'm looking foward to it but I'm not getting paid for all the time I have had off sick, plus I have to start making Christmas decorations for the store - it sounds nice, but after you have opened about 32 garlands and made another 20 walkway decs it gets a bit of a chore! Hopefully I will have some help, or I may down tools and come home!

Things have been very stressful this last week, my Mum has sold her house and we are desperately trying to find a bungalow to buy, but they are as rare as hen's teeth. We have looked at a few, but one was in the wrong location, one was built on watercress fields so was prone to flooding and the other had rising damp! Plus the dog has been unwell so I have had to go to the vets with him, he is still not too good but I will give his medication a bit longer to kick in as he only started taking it last night.

I hope everyone is ok, sorry to waffle on and feel sorry for myself!

Love to everyone,

Tracy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lenny

hi one and all,

anne so pleased the wedding was all you wanted it to be.
heidi hope you are having a great time on your hols, we were in southsea on monday and the weather was lovely, i thought of you as i watched the ferry leave for the isle of white. lyra i know you are having good weather and helen2 really good to hear from you and know you are well and getting on with the most important thing - life.

well cathy second week of work how's it going? and sarah and i are on our first day!! how was it sarah? tracy have you decided what to do yet?

helen, you are never too far from my thoughts..... i think you probably have had your op now, hope all is going as planned.... you are missed and we look forward to hearing from you when you are able.

hey what do you think of the photo of me and sarah? her son took it after lunch yesterday.

well this is my rest after first day back and just catching up with my boys 1st day back at school.(lots of firsts!)

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

ps tom my eldest wants me to say hi from him to all of you!!! i think he thinks he is part of the thread.....

scottishlass

Hi Helen, Just a short message to wish you well and to say I am thinking about you. You must be exhausted but it is good to see you are still able to put a short message on the board for us. I have followed your messages on the forums in the past although I have not added anything to them.Hope you make a speedy recovery, much love Val X

amdamc

Helen - my diep mate, so sorry to hear your news. You hang in there girl, am sending as many positive vibes as I can and will be thinking of you and too right everything is doable. Hope they don't keep you in too long cos I can only keep track of everyone's names and where they're at from your blogs!

My daughter's wedding was a truly special moment and am still on cloud nine. Words cannot touch the surface.

Again, sending my love and best wishes and look forward to hearing from you soon. Wish we all lived nearer.

Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

HI girls....just to say thank you so much for your very warm messages and thoughts. I thought I'd post.....couldn't sleep. I have things more organised in my head now and know everything is do-able....it might just take a bit of time. Family and friends are great and you girls have been lovely with your positive words. Good luck with everyones recovery, and Anne I'm sure the wedding was one of your most special moments!! What a proud mum!!!

catch ya all later
{{{hugs}}}
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Helen,

I just wanted to add to all the good wishes from your friends on the forums. I will be thinking of you and sending you cyber hugs, you are such a positive, strong woman and I am sure this will help you through the next few weeks. I wish we all lived nearer and could give you a great big group hug, but in the meantime I am sending you that huge cyber one!

You know we will all be waiting to hear from you as soon as you are up to it.

Love and best wishes,

Tracy xxxxx

Esskayeff

Hi Helen
So very sorry to hear your bad news. Along with all the other girls I shall be thinking of you next week and wishing you all the best.

My best friend was diagnosed with a brain tumour in March which turned out to be a secondary melanoma (they never found out where the primary was). They removed the tumour and straight away her horrid symptoms of headaches and sickness disappeared. She has had to take some medication which she hopes to come off soon and she is going back to work next week. I'm just telling you this so that you can see there is light at the end of the tunnel. When you feel up to it let us know how you are as we will be worrying about you.

Hope all on holiday are having a good time and that the wedding went well Anne. It was sunny but breezy here in Oxford.

Lenny - see you on Wednesday.

Enjoy the weekend.
Sarah
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Helen

I'm so sorry to hear your news and 'ditto' all the suppportive comments you've received so far but will send my own massive hug and lots of love to you. Will be thinking of you next week x

All the best to everyone else too. Cathy x

hezb

Helen, haven't been on for a while trying to put everything behind me as you do! but just want to say i am sooo sorry you are having a bad time you do not deserve this and want to say my thoughts are with you you are an inspiration to us all keep positive as you always do lots of love Helen2 XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Helen

Just a quick message before I go on holiday. So shocked at hearing your news and my heart goes out to you. However, you are so resilient and are receiving prompt and expert care from the doctors. You also have all the love and positive vibes from everyone here on this thread who you are very important too.

Really just echoing what Lennie and Heidi have said...

Will be thinking about you all this week and sending positive vibes.

Love to everyone else too and hoping all the healing continues,

Lyra x