Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIEP booked 18 April - EEek

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: DIEP booked 18 April - EEek

Happy xmas everyone!!

Just finished work yesterday and looking forward to all the christmas things. Being with family and friends having a happy time takes on a special significance with all that we have been through don't you think?

Thinking of you Lenny and hope the scan goes ok and that they are able to reassure all is alright as soon as possible.

A big thank you to everyone on this thread for all the support and kindness - it has made a big difference to me and I know others feel the same.

Warmest wishes
Lyra xxxxxxxxxxxx

amdamc

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY
AND WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD 2010

Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Heidi...Enjoy your Christmas holidays...and that goes for everyone else too. We have had big snow falls here in good old Yorkshire!! I'm just the opposite now...yes its like a winter wonderland...but getting cars out, in up to and over 8inch of snow is difficult....mind you I've been out making snowmen, snowballs and snow angels with my grandson...

Heidi hope you get your central heating fixed before chrissy!!

Lenny good luck love with your MRI tomorrow...hope all goes well, will be thinking of you....

Hope everyone has a very happy chrissy and the new year has just got to be better than this...it will be. Here's to a peaceful and healthy 2010...

Have a Merry Christmas one and all.....

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

Just writing to wish you all a very Happy Christmas!

All well here, haven't made second appointment about the cyst on my head yet, will get christmas done and dusted first, but Dr seemed happy that it not a nasty so its not preying on my mind to much.

I have 2 very excited children! Think they may possibly spontaneously combust before xmas day! Am pretty organised (I think), all wrapped up and secretly stashed away. Food in the cupboards and lots of bubbly!! A busy few days ahead and very much looking forward to it.
Enjoying being off work for 2 weeks, lots of ice and had lots of blizzards but its not laid down here which is a shame!

Anyway, boiler man here in 5 as Our gas central heating broken down! Typical!
Lots of love to you all, have a wonderful time and here is a happy and healthy 2010.

Heidi xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just to wish everyone a really happy Christmas...I hope next year is everything you want and need it to be...
Lenny I hope the wobbliness has worn off, let us know how you are doing.
Heidi hope the cyst op went well...if you had it! Belated happy birthday to your daughter.

love to all
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls...Lyra your op sounds really good. It went well and you are pleased with the result...all good. After having a diep, this must seem easy peasy...take it easy lyra then you rest up at christmas and let others do their bit!!
Oh Anne love...thats not good, yet another cancer...but thinking positively as you are certainly doing, its at last getting sorted and seems like the chemo cream will get rid within the next few weeks. Have a rant love you deserve it.......

And Lenny a bit of a worry for you as well now. I am really thinking of you. Your wobbles are probably quite innocent...but I'm glad they are giving you a MRI....they are not cutting corners and are looking after you well. They monitor anything out of the ordinary..which can be a worry but is a relief in a way. I had wobbles, but you may just be very tired....keep busy, cos if you are like me you will still have it in the back of your mind most of the time. I'm sure you will be fine love...{{hugs}} and positive vibes coming your way.......

I had a lovely weekend away...and hope that everyone else is getting on with their busy lives now...thats sooooooooo good!!!!
Love to Heidi, Cathy, Sarah, Tracy and all....

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Got home last night from hospital and I'm feeling fine. I had to stay in overnight because they operated too late on in the day for me to go home on the same day. I got quite nervous beforehand - same hospital, same ward etc as my op in the summer, so it brought back alot of memories and the fear of feeling as bad as I did gcomimg round from that op. However it was nothing like as bad. I didn't feel any nausea and had a clear head on coming round. What a relief! And I still feel clear headed, not confused and disorientated like last time.

The op itself probably took a couple of hours, and I'm really pleased. They did a nipple reconstruction which I haven't properly seen becuase of the dressing, but there is a little window in the dressing and it looks promising. I was told it would be large to begin with because of the swelling, but it looks a reasonable size from what I can tell. The other breast they uplifted and reduced slightly I think. It too is a bit swollen (and very bruised!) but already it looks a good match and I feel so glad I did have this done now - it makes me realise how there was actually quite a discrepancy in size between the two. They also tidied up the end of my ab scar and actually this is the most painful bit. Really bad bruising. And it seems they decided to tidy up the other side too - which I hadn't asked for, and can only think they did a bit of lipo to explain all the bruising around both hips. My breast aren't sore, but my hips are - actually feeling more pain here than I did in the summer after the diep!! It's mainly when I move so I'm keeping very still.

Despite that I feel really good and plan to go back to work in about a week or so, just for a few days, then I'll have nearly 2 weeks off at xmas to have another rest. I'm so pleased it's all over and hopefully no more hospitals. And so relieved recovery is easier than last time. Once the bruising has gone I'll be fine.

So good to hear from people again as we all get on with our lifes. Anne sorry to hear about the skin cancer. Really hope the cream works and you don't need surgery for that.

Welcome signet! Thanks for your good wishes just before my "finishing touches"! Like Lennie says, I hope you find this thread useful. I know I have found it invaluable.

Good to hear from you Heidi, Sarah, Lennie and Helen. Haven't heard from Tracey for a while, so hope all is well with her. Cathy too. Going to have a little rest now....

Love
Lyra xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lenny

hi everyone so glad to catch up with you all....what busy people we all are. i guess we all want to get on with life and whatever happens it is good to be living it!

ann, so sorry about the diagnoses but glad it is being sorted, hope the cream does the job...3 cancers you are right it isn't fair. sarah and i had good evening at the mothers do.. not a lot of time to talk tho' so will have to meet again soon. heidi you did well only breaking down for 10 mins, i lost it a week or so ago for over an hour and you are so right about your cleavage, it is stunning, you do what is right for you and happy birthday to your daughter. lyra, wow the 1st one of us with a new nipple, can't wait to hear how it goes, let us know when you can. helen another weekend away, you so deserve it, enjoy. hi signet hope you find our thread helpful. tracy and cathy take care of yourselves.

me.. well still waiting to hear when the 'finishing touches' are to be done. my ps (same as sarah's) is happy with the size of both boobs and only wants to lift the old one plus nipple. i have had trouble with shaky legs ever since chemo and was referred a couple of weeks ago to a neurologist, nothing sinister but i have an mri scan on christmas eve!! hey ho. the puppy arrives next tuesday and this fills me with excitment and panic.... my lovely new house! but the joy it is already bringing my youngest boy is worth it. christmas prep... well i keep thinking about it,

take care everyone, 2009 is nearly done bring on 2010,

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

amdamc

Hello everybody.

Had my biopsy results, its skin cancer, basal cell type which evidently is good, so now on chemo cream for five days per week for 6 weeks and then if not gone will have it surgically removed, maybe along with my proposed/delayed uplift. Am still getting my head around this, my third cancer, (really must have pssd someone off in my previous life) and am so annoyed cos I've had this for eight years, first biopsy totally wrong so not been treated correctly and could have been removed long ago. Grrrrr.

Anyway, enough of my gripes, it could have been an awful lot worse and I need to get my head around Christmas. Heidi and all of you who are working, my hat off to you and Helen you have a lovely peaceful weekend, you deserve that holiday, re the walking, hope your weather is better than it is here - better take your wellies!!

Best wishes to everybody.
Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...oh Heidi, you seem to have had a stressful time of it!!I'm glad in a way that you had a 'mini breakdown' because it might just show your boss what you have been through and need the complete support of her/him. I can really imagine the scenario, its what I'm afraid of when I go back too. As long as your boss realises that you are still in a sensitive position....I hope so...loads of {{{hugs}}} your way.....You sound so busy too, probs the worse time of year to get back to work too!!

I feel exactly the same about more ops and hospital visits. But roll on 2010 its gonna be a brilliant year!!! I've written this year off!
Happy birthday to your daughter next week Heidi!

Well I'm off for yet another weekend away...just like buses eh. Nothing all year then two long weekends within a month. Still would like a 'proper' holiday....sigh...will get one next year. My sister and hubby booked a cottage in the dales and very kindly invited us to go away with them. So will practise my walking for longer spells...its a challenge!!

take care everyone else love to all...
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, have missed being on here. Work seems to have totally consumed last few weeks, and I didn't want or mean for that to happen! Had a little mini breakdown with my boss for a ten minutes and she made all the right noises etc but nothing has really changed. However I am adapting to the stress levels again and juggling all of those balls in the air at one time again!
Been back to my ps, all well, no lymphodeoma. Have decided against having nipple recon for the forseeable future. I am so over the moon with my cleavage, and its only Jim and I that will see my nippless boob, really don't want any more procedures/ops done in the next year or so as I just want to have a few months without more hospital visits and being prodded and poked. Just want to try and put it behind me for a while and just live. Having said that we had a MAJOR panic this week, I have a hard lump grown on the side of my skull that hurts. spent 48 hours worrying about it waiting to see doc. He said it is just a hard cyst, will check me again in 2 weeks and may get it chopped out but he said it is not in a place where a new lump is likely to grow if that makes sense. It all brought back awful awful memories of waiting for results and my life flashing before my eyes. Anyway, am feeling positive now and am feeling more rational.
Its my daughters 11 th birthday next week, so that along with xmas presents, nativity outfits, xmas cards, work, new flooring being laid, etc etc etc have a busy few weeks.

Lyra hope you are happy with your nipple!!!
Nell - your weekend away sounded just lovely.
Sarah and Lenny- hope that you both had a nice evening together.
And to everyone else I send my love to you all.

Heidi xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all....Christmas is nearly upon us! I am nearly there with pressies, and this year I have wrapped them as soon as I've got them. Want them out of the way so to speak and sorted!

Anne I'm thinking about you today. Hope the results are just fine. Let us know love.....
Lyra that was quick, not given you much time to think, but sometimes thats a godsend! Hope it all goes smoothly for you, I'm sure it will, let us know how you go on.

Sarah, the days do whizz by don't they. I know what you mean about ps and 'their work', its a work of art to them, they do forget its our body. I have my good boob a bit bigger, no real difference, and a dog ear on my ab. but my ps didn't mention them, think he realised that I really have had enough of ops this year and those things weren't important! Will get nipple done next Jan...
Well done with the work and badminton!! Great! Your stamina will take its time, but it sounds like you are getting there...go girl!

Hi Signet...hope your 'tweaking' goes ok too.When are you due?
Hows the little puppy settling in Lenny?
hows work Heidi? Take it easy and all you other workers too.
Hi Cathy and Tracy and anyone else I may have missed....keep going all..

Helenxxx

Esskayeff

Hi all
I haven't posted for a while either, the days are just whizzing by.
Lyra - I shall await with interest how your 'finishing touches' go. I am on the list but it may be a year before I get a date. I am going to have a lift on the other boob and a nipple on the new one. My PS also wants to fill in a slight dent with fat taken from the side around the hips - not sure how I feel about that. If he had his way he would also decrease my old boob a bit but I said I don't notice any difference in size between them and when I said I'm not looking for perfection, his reply was 'we are' ! I think they can get a bit carried away!
I am back at work for my 3 days now and am also back playing my weekly session of badminton which I really missed. I think my immune system is still not 100% as I have had achey bones with cough in Oct and then had 3 days last week with dizzyness and nausea !
How is everyone's Christmas shopping going ? Well I hope. I have done quite a bit from Amazon.
I'm meeting up with Helen tomorrow night. We're going to an evening called Motherhood - a Roller Coaster ride 2009 being held in Oxford.

Anyway must go to bed now.
Love to all.
Keep healthy !

Sarah
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lyra, i am new here but want to say good luck!!!! I think from what i have read I had same op as you - tram flap/free flap recon. I have a dog ear at my ab scar and have to go back after chemo and radio to have it corrected, my other boob lifted very slighty to match my perky one and a new nipple lol. Its a whole new world x

Hope it goes really well. My friend had a double mastectomy two years ago and has had the nipple recon and said it was fine but he henna tattoing hurt. She asked for more pain relief and said to me that i should too when i get it cos she said it can sting like mad. But its all down to how much sensation you have in the breast are by that time. She had the dorsal? back flap recon so different to mine.

Anyway i am sure it will all go well and best of luck xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Sorry haven't logged on here for a while - back working full time so been busy, but energy levels seem to be improving. Just thought I'd let everyone know I am going in to hospital tomorrow for the "finishing touches" - prefer that to "tweaking" which sounds a bit painful! Got a call a couple of days ago so out of the blue and much sooner than I expected. However, that also means I haven't had much time to worry, and have spent the past couple of days frantically reorganising work etc. Will let you know how I get on. Now it's starting to feel a bit "deja vu" like - as I remember the night before my major op in July...... I keep telling myself this is going to be nothing like on the same scale and recovery will be much much quicker.

Hope everyone is well and starting to really enjoy life again,

Much love

lyra xxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all...awww Lenny a little puppy, what a lovely addition to your family..it'll keep you on your toes though!!! Glad George is better, although still on crutches.
Hope everyone is managing their xmas shopping. I've got quite a few pressys and wrapped em. I want to be organised this xmas, all done and dusted well before....

take care all, remember to rest as well as work, yep if thats possible hehehe
catch ya later
Helenxxx

Lenny

hi everyone,

haven't posted as work and son on crutches seem to have taken over my life!! george is doing good his casts come off next week and then a lot of phisio.

helen so pleased your weekend away went well there is nothing like quality time with friends.

heidi keep meaning to sponser you for the moon walk... just hold on on the work front... you are doing brill.

anne lovely to hear from you and so pleased your mum in law is getting better but sorry about the tweaking complications, if it's not one thing it's another.

some of my news well we are getting a puppy!!!!!!!!!! a black labrador in 2 weeks, scary and our boiler has broken and we need a new one!!! not sure which scares me most

sarah hope all is well will text soon and cathy, lyra, tracy and anyone i've forgotten hope you are having a peaceful and healthy time,

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all...just a quickie...Anne good luck for getting your stitches out tomorrow...and I'm still thinking of you for next Thursday...take care love.

Everybody else take care, and hope your lives are well back on track...((((big hugs))) to all....

catch ya later
Helenxxx

amdamc

Thanks so much Helen.
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Anne..thats a worry for you love. Hope your results are fine...Will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed. The waiting game again...big sigh for you Anne. Sending the most positive vibes your way.....

Take care Anne and everyone else

Helenxxx

amdamc

Hello everybody

Sorry for not coming on here for a while. Still have mother-in-law in hospital, getting better thank goodness, but now have a skin complaint on good breast (one thats been sitting there for about 7 years, but PS not happy about operating until its sorted. Long story, but it didn't like the recent mammo on it and its been playing up ever since. Today had a biopsy, stiches out on Thursday and results the following Thursday so bit sorry for myself at moment.
Sometimes it feels like one thing after another, but there, you all know what I mean. Am going up pub tonight, need a few stiff drinks me thinks!

Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi folks...had a wonderful weekend, meeting 16 other people was so good putting faces to the words..we had lots of fun, laughter, tears and constant chat, loads of good food and drink. Although limited my drink intake...also a hot tub, a park opposite and lots of talented people...in the lovely very large roomy house!!! Thought I'd just give a whistle stop description of the weekend.... it was as active as we wanted it to be, mine was very chilled, loved it.....lovely ladies!!

Lenny you must be planning a lovely Christmas in your new house, a proper christening of it this year eh! Hope George is ok now....
Heidi hope you had a chat with your work and that they listened to you and eased off the workload.....

Good wishes and thoughts to everyone else...take care Lyra, Cathy, Tracy, Anne and Sarah,

have a good day all
Helenxxx

Lenny

hi everyone,

thanks for all your good wishes for george, he is doing great and like kids do adapting and getting on with life. i expect he will be back at school next week.

nell have a wonderful weekend full of lots of fun and laughter, you so deserve it.

heidi, i'm with you all the way it is so hard to readjust to being back to work especially after all you've been thru' priorities change don't they? hope all all is well with your ps.

lyra i'm the same about christmas... the best thing for me this year is that i have a lovely new house to celebrate in! but all the work involved......

well everyone mentioned and not mentioned keep on doing what you are doing to make everyday count and don't forget what an amazing acheivment is ours!

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Heidi...just wanted to respond to your post when I saw it...its bound to be a tough road for you...especially the first few weeks. I'm not looking forward to it I tell you. Could you have a word with your boss about easing off some of the work, and over the next few months, you may take it back on again when you are ready? Make sure you don't overdo it Heidi...get talking to them love.

Hope your ps appointment goes well. And you walked 7 miles, blimey moses, you are a star. By may next year you'll be walking dozens of miles. So proud of you girl....

Oh do your firm know you are taken other medication that has some unfortunate side effects...one of them being tiredness..if you explain they will understand better and ease of the workload...think a good chat is in order!!

take care Heidi
and everyone else.
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Good to hear from you Lyra, was thinking about you the other day, glad to hear that you are doing well.

Lenny - hope George is starting to feel a bit better and that the operation was successful.

Nell - how lovely that you are all meeting up, have a glass of wine for me!

Work... hhhmmmm. Spent first 2 days in tears, all to much. My bossess keep saying that I need to take things gently but then they still keep piling more and more work ontop of me! Which way do they want it? I am trying to just focus on one thing at a time now, rather than the bigger picture of my work because it makes me panic. Pathetic of me really, but I guess I got used to just thinking about me and the children in the last 3 months and now I am back to having to juggle all those balls in the air again.

As for training for my marathon - its going great so far, walked 7 miles last Friday in an hour and a half, so thats only a quarter of the distance but its a start and its not until May next year so have plenty of time to get myself into some sort of shape!

Tamoxifen seems to be making me very tired at the moment, and very emotional, and weight still just keeps piling on. not good.

Other than that, am trying to be a bit more organised for xmas this year and buying things online! Am determined to have xmas all sorted by xmas!

Off to see my ps tomorrow for the first time, looking forward to seeing him and showing him his handi work.

Off to get the kiddies from school now, lots of love to one and all

Heidi xxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls...Lyra it sounds like you are settling into work, but are pacing yourself as best you can. Glad you managed a week of reasonable rest...although children do have a lot of energy!!! I have a 'dog' ear at one end of my tummy scar too. The ps never looks at my tummy or says anything...don't think he's interested in that part of the op.......Good choice about delaying your op..gives you time to think and you have to get xmas over with....never easy to keep xmas simple ...sigh....

How is George Lenny? Hope you were able to get home and get life back on track again...well for George anyway.

I'm going away this weekend..Fri/Mon...Meeting up with the girls on the Stormrider thread...its been organised since early in the year...looking forward to seeing faces to go with the words. I won't be doing loads, still get tired...but will do some major chatting...but it will be great to share with people who have been through similar experiences....

Hope everyone else is pacing themselves with work and rest. Very important. Take care Anne,Cathy,Sarah,Tracey,Heidi ...the run up to xmas is a busy busy time...

catch ya later
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Glad you had a good holiday Lenny, and wondering how you're managing work and taking care of George etc? Hope you're still getting support for you. Once life gets back to "normal" it's easy for us and others I think to forget what we've been through and that we are still recovering, even if we can do most things now!

Anne - so sorry to hear about your mother in law - hope things are settling a bit now. Regarding "tweaking" - I too was told the nipple recon would be a local anaesthetic, and no over night stay, and that recovery was quick, so may not even warrant any time off work. I've decided to delay mine and have it done at the same time as they make any adjustments to my other breast, and rectify a "dog ear" at the end of my abdomen scar. The wait for all that being done together is about 4 months - so the end of Feb, and that feels fine for me. It gives me a bit of a breathing space, and also doesn't feel too long.

Cathy and Tracey - haven't heard from you for a while and hoping everything is going fine, that you are taking it easy and not letting work get too stressful.

Good to hear from you Helen, and hope all your aches and pains settle - I think you've had enough of all that and deserve some respite from it all. Any chance of a wee holiday for yourself?

Sarah, I too had the halfterm off as the kids were off, and although we didn't do much it was good just to have a breather before the next stint of work up until xmas. Can't summon up much enthusiasm for xmas at the moment - i think it's the prospect of the organising, shopping etc', ie. work involved that is putting me off!! I'd like to keep xmas really simple this year so that it's a relaxing time - but I haven't managed that so far!!!

Any way, off to work now. Love to all - hope everyone's pacing themselves and continuing to get the support form others they need.

Love
Lyra xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls...oh Lenny, lifes problems never stop do they. Hope Georges tendons mend themself enough so you can get home! Poor soul.....bit of a sour end to what seems like a lovely holiday...and a much needed one too. Take care Lenny and family.

I'm doing ok thanks Lenny...getting there! Various aches, throbs, pains at different times in my head...but they just need the settling down time ...also planned my 'come' back to work...possibly next Feb now...so all good!!

Heidi how are you managing the work thing. Bet you are too tired at the end of the day to do anything but rest...a good policy...make sure you do!!

Anne how is your mum-in-law, hope she is recovering ok....how are you Anne...what is happening to your recon breast, are you sorted now?
Sarah how did your appointment go with your ps? Hope you got it sorted out too. Hope you are feeling better...this cough, sore throat bug is going round...both my two have it!!

Hi to Lyra, Cathy, Tracy,Rest well, take it easy, you and your health come first!!!Hope I didn't miss anyone......

take care, catch ya later
Helenxxx

Lenny

hi everyone,

i'm back,actually i've been back since wed but on friday george my youngest had an op on his tendons and as i write we are still here!! he can't come home until he can walk... maybe tomorrow. we had a brilliant holiday, plenty of sun, sand, pool, food etc, just what we all needed.

anne so sorry about your mum in law... illness of a close family member takes over everything. helen just wondering how your health is are you recovering well? and heidi, so sorry that is is work again tomorrow... good job you are a strong person so i know you can do it! sarah hope your weekend has gone well hope we can meet up soon.

lyra, cathy, tracy hope all is well,

o by the way i'm using the laptop provided by the ward for my son to post.... not bad hay? i get to sleep on the sofa next to his bed.... brings back lots of memories,

talk to you all soon,

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all..completely understand about the no responsiblility Heidi. Eventually when I go back, I'm hoping things will be less...doubt it though. If it doesn't work out though, I will think seriously about giving the job up!!
What do you do Heidi...that sounds like a major 'do your head in' job having to answer that many e.mails. Pity someone else couldn't have taken over that responsibility while you were off. It wouldn't have been as stressful right from the start. You should be eased into it!! All the best love.

Hi to everyone else working hard too.....take it easy... And to us that aren't ...yet!..take it easy too..

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Anne - sorry to hear about your mother in law - hope that she is making good progress.

Lenny - have been thinking about you sunning yourself on holiday - well deserved and I am sure you had a brilliant time.

Nell - hope you are ok, I am still deciding whether to have a nipple or not - see my ps in 2 weeks.

I think I am delaying going upstairs to switch my work computer on. I start work in 20 minutes. Am absolutely dreading it. Seriously. Have enjoyed not having to juggle work/kids/home and I don't miss the stress. Last year when i was off i had 430 emails in my absence and i know this time will be similar. not feeling a very happy bunny this morning at all. Would quite like a part time job that has no responsibility and I just go to work, do my job, come home and forget about it until I go to work again. Sorry, not a very positive post today.

Lots of love to everyone i have and have not mentioned.

Heidi xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls....Anne when I saw my ps, he said the nipple would be done with a local anaesthetic, and on Friday afternoon so I would be ok recovering for work the following week. From that info, I guess he means it doesn't take long to recover...but we're all individual, so don't know till I've had it done!! So sorry about your mum in law Anne ...hope she recovers soon, and fully.

Sarah its a pity about your time off...but hope you are feeling better now. The tummy thing is funny isn't it...if I sit for long its really very stiff...you have to unroll yourself slowly heheehe So don't know how long its going to be before it becomes more pliable!!

Hope all you workers are doing just fine. Gonna be a busy time for you with the run up to Christmas so take it easy. Heidi are you back at work now...hope you are managing ok with the back to reality thing!

Lenny hope your holiday went well...back to some miserable weather if you have just got back today!!!!

Relax when you can everyone else, and hope life is getting back to normality for you all......

catch ya later
Helenxxx

Esskayeff

Hi all
It's been weeks since I have posted - work takes up too much time !
Had a great day when Lenny and I met up with Heidi in Newbury and hopefully we will meet up again soon.
Lenny told you that I took my mum to listen to the concert that her husband and Tom gave for BCC. We both really enjoyed it and Tom is very talented.
I'm back to 6 hour days at work, not too bad as long as I remember to get up and walk around otherwise the tummy gets stiff.

I've got my apptmt with PS on Monday, got to decide what tweaking I want to have done on my old boob so I have to get on with the rice bag test this weekend !

I had this week off work as it was half term but both my husband Steve and I have had a flu bug so spent most of the week indoors coughing and spluttering. We did manage to have a day out in London with teenage son and girlfriend at Madame Tussauds.

I hope everyone is doing well. I still keep wondering when the tummy stiffness will disappear - just got to be more patient I guess.

Love to all
Sarah

amdamc

Hello Everybody.

I'm afraid haven't been on here for a while. Had a bit of a family crisis. Mother-in-law has had stroke a fortnight ago and normality has flown out of the door. I hope all is well with everyone, haven't really had chance to read through all the threads, but do think of you all.

Not sure if I will get to have my "tweaking" yet, as need to be able to drive at the mo, but things may change. If anyone out there has had a reduction/nipple done can they tell me how long the recovery was it would be really helpful.

Love to all and hope to catch you again soon.
Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Lenny have a great time love....you really deserve it!!!
Hope everyone else is resting as much as they can...especially those at work.

catch ya all later...got another meeting to go to...
Helenxxx

Lenny

hi all,
just wanted to say that i will be thinking of all of you as i sun myself in gran canaria....be good and don't let anything awful happen while i'm gone!

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Yes, it's getting harder and harder to find time to check the site and post messages. I'm up to working full time now, and although I get really tired, I still feel I am gradually getting better cos a few weeks ago it would have been impossible to do these hours. I agree with you Lennie - everything does take me longer than it used to, but I get there in the end. I am feeling more positive now, though still haven't decided whether to have surgery done in stages (probably the sensible option; what I "should" do..) or have it done all in one go (what I "want" to do...). Waiting to get a clearer feeling about it.

Congrats Heidi on going for the moon walk. You're an inspiration - so much energy - I'm now taking active measures myself to exercise and walk more rather than just talk about it. A walk is planned for each weekend as part of a commitment to taking better care of my body.

You must have been so proud Lennie of your "boys" - it's priceless what we get from our kids.

Anne - your surgery must be soon ... let us know how you get on. And Tracey - haven't heard from you for ages; I hope work is going ok and not too exhausting. I know this is a really busy time for you workwise and hope the pressure isn't too stressful.

Hi to Sarah too and anyone else I haven't mentioned by name.

Love to all

Lyra xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lenny

hi all,

ages since i last posted, life seems to have kicked in big time and i'm still not quite up to full speed... maybe never will be, but i am slower at the things i do and i need more sleep than before...

nell thank you for asking about the concert, we raised £123 wich was good as there were only about 40 people there... my men were brilliant, not biased in any way! sarah came with her lovely mum, which was so lovely and i think she would agree that the high light was the duet, bridge over troubled water, wish you could all have been there. i do hope all your treatment will goes well helen and you do not need any more surgery but if you do... you can do it! and we will support you all the way.

heidi.... so admire your commitment to the moon walk and training... go heidi go! can't believe it is only 2 weeks til you start work, time flies, take it steady and use this experience to help you make decisions about your future. i too have been contacted by asda so maybe we will do something together! maybe we can arrange a meet up before christmas.

cathy 10 miles.... wow! in a canoe, amazing, the only time i was in a canoe i capsized within 15 mins... i was 16 at the time and haven't tried since, you are wonderful and an inspiration, i get tired just thinking about you and heidi doing all that excercise... maybe i feel a new years resolution coming on?

sarah i had my bra fitting at our m & s this week... but was really dissapointed with the choice of bras... lovely lady helped me who told me she had just found a lump, so sad. anyway did an internet search and found some really nice ones on simply b (i know they are only for 14+, so if you are blessed to be on the smaller side it is no good) and the prices are good to.

tracy, lyra and anne sorry if i have forgotten anyone... hope work is going well and no news is good news.

i saw my onc this week... all is well and i don't go back for 6 months, good boob is fine and she really admired my new one..she reckons in a couple of years i will be taken off tamoxifen and put on the other one as i will be post menopausal (can't spell it)
i had to laugh at the thought of you setting the alarms off at the airport helen... and that brings me to the info that i am off to sunny gran canaria on tuesday for a week... can hardly wait, lots to do before we go tho' so will need the rest when we get there.

hope you are all having a good weekend,

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone...Cathy have read some of your posts on another thread regarding KP and the 'pink thing problem'...you make a lot of sense, hope you are still representing us girls here in the future.....you did a ten mile canoe trip!!!! mouth open..impressed or what!!! You go girl, sounds like you are getting your life back on track.

Two weeks Heidi..not long and I understand perfectly about having time for yourself, and thats one thing this disease has done. Time to think differently about the future...I know eventually when I go back it will be part time...it feels the right thing to do now.....

Heidi walking in your bra eh...well show em off girl and choose yourself a cosy, but stylish bra to do your walk in hehehehe.....

Hope everyone else is resting in between your work. Take care all.

Just had a meeting with my neuro surgeon yesterday. All went well, first time I've seen him in nearly 7wks, so had a few questions ready for him.
Will see him again in 6mths and if my droopy eye and my jaw/mouth (which I can't open properly) are still the same, then some more plastic surgery will be done. He said these symptoms happen to 1 in 50. All the other SEs should settle down too....hopefully. I have small titanium plates in my head, but they are not magnetic so should be just fine passing the alarms at customs, if we ever get to arrange a holiday abroad that is...

catch ya later
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Cathy - great news that you can sleep on your front!

Nell - the moonwalk is organised specifically for raising money for Breast Cancer. You walk the London Marathon route 26.2 miles - but at midnight and you walk in your bra! I started my first day training yesterday - did 3 miles and I already have a blister!! Its going to be hard work but am really excited about it.

Our friend goes back to Oz tomorrow, had some horrible goodbyes to do on Sunday, its such a long way away and we will miss him terribly.

Less than 2 weeks now till back to work, dont feel exactly thrilled about it, but not because I don't feel physically well enough - just that I think that it may be time for a new job, I want to work less hours and not have such a demanding career. Time to make some decisions soon I think,

Right, its off to Tesco I go to do the food shop (groan groan groan, its pouring down with rain and windy).

Lots of love to everyone

Heidi xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey everyone!

Miss coming on here so often but now I'm up & about & working, time seems to fly. Just a quick brag .... I can pretty much sleep on my front!!! Well, with the help of a V pillow but hey, not bad. Also, I managed a 10 mile canoe trip with 11 mates the other day - really chuffed but at the back of the pack all the way so guess I'll just have to take it easy! Went to hospital for check on 'good boob' as it felt a little strange and was told it was a 'busy boob'(!) so had a mammo, hey ho, better to get checked.

Helen, it's to good and reassuring to nip in and read your posts. I hope all's going well with your recovery and good luck with recon etc (I get my 'finishing touches' next summer (may try and get sooner)

Heidi, moonwalking eh? You'll be fine - oh & fab that you're getting involved with ASDA campaign, hope they use you in piccy's, you'd be perfect!

Now here's where I'll try (& probably fail!) to mention everyone else:

Lenny, Lyra, Tracy, Anne (oh heck, I'm stumbling already!), hope you're all doing well.

Lots of love & hugs to those I haven't mentioned.

Take care. Cathy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...phew you are one busy lady Heidi!!! Never heard of the moonwalk but its obviously a marathon...you brave thing you, the best of luck with your training. What way are you involved with 'shaping' next years breast cancer month?....They certainly chose the right girl to help them....deffo...go girl go!!
Enjoy your party tonight...

Have a nice day everyone
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to tell you how excited I am! I have got a place to do the moonwalk in May next year in London! Am so pleased, it will be a huge challenge but no doubt incredibly emotional and rewarding!!
I will let you know how the training goes! 26.2 miles!! Yikes!!!

This is just a quick posting, have a party here tonight for a close friend who is going back to Australia next week.

Love to you all, - Lyra, great to hear from you.

PS - I got an email from Asda saying that they will contact me soon with regard to shaping next years Breast Cancer month.

Have a great weekend

Heidi xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi girls...Lenny hope the concert went well. How proud you must feel, not one musical person in the family but two. Do you sing as well...bet there were a few happy tears shed by you eh....families are real special...

Heidi hope you are feeling ok about your breast, not worrying too much. Keep that abundance of energy and positiveness going, all will be fine....i'm sure.
Hi Lyra, my ps is just doing the nipple recon next Jan. The doc I saw before told me I would have an uplift in my good breast...but it wasn't even mentioned this time and I'm ok with that. It is hard to make decisions so I'm glad that one was taken out of my hands..my breasts are slightly different, but I've had enough done and feel they will 'do'....You could try asking for a general if you are uncomfortable with a local...worth trying. We are each individual Lyra so its hard to help you with a decision...its your body and whatever you decide is right! Try resting when you can.....getting back to work must take it out of you.

Tracy, Cathy, Clare, Sarah, Anne, Helen....Hope your getting on with your lives just fine. Rest when you can those who have gone back to work, pretty soon it will be all of us...so take care all....
Anne just remembered..so so pleased about your mammogram, great news, and you got it straight away too, think thats a good idea. Now you are ready for your next step.....
catch ya later
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Not had time to post much recently - work has really exhausted me and have been feeling a bit depleted. So good to hear from you Helen, sounds like you're doing so well - I thought it would take much longer before you would be regularly posting - you must have such resilience!! Heidi, hope all turns out to be fine for you. I saw my ps on wednesday - for the first time since my op in July and there was talk of it still being early days, and the New breast still needing to settle and I thought how long does all this take!!! It's so difficult to know if that's it or the size/shape might still be changing. He's given me a couple of options re: tweaking and left the decision to me (why doesn't someone just tell me what to do?!!!). I can go ahead and have a nipple reconstruction now (couple of months wait) and than in a year's time adjust the other breast (slight reduction and uplift) - he says that would get the best match, and each op would be a day case and local anaesthetic. Or, I could have both done together - probably wait of @4 months - and that would be a gen. anaesthetic. I worry that he's hoping if I leave it I won't bother with the other breast. He said the discrepancy between breast would be about half what it is now. I feel like I want it done all in one go, and don't fancy only a local - feel a bit squeamish about that. But the sensible thing is probably to have it done in 2 stages and wait... How do others feel about their tweaking? And have any of you been suggested to wait? I keep deciding one way and then changing my mind!

Cathy - sorry i missed you on the telly, but it sounds like you did a grand job, and if it was anything like the warm, reassuring and sound comments you make on here I can well believe you were brilliant. What a good role model and advocate you are.

Glad you had a good meet up Lennie, Sarah and Heidi. This sort of thing creates such strong bonds between us all, don't you think, and a level of understanding that is quite rare to find.

Anne - glad the final stage is nearing for you, it's such a long "journey", and gives us such a different perspective on life.

I feel like I'm only now fully acknowledging the emotional impact of all of this; up till now my focus has been the physical element - coping with the surgery and recovering physically. Yet now - even though physically I feel fine again (albeit tired), i keep feeling like crying, and feel so vulnerable and deeply sad at times. I am thankful and the outcome is good for me, but I still feel really sad and at a complete loss at times. I'm sure this is natural, and I think it's also partly because as life begins to get "back to normal", it sometimes feels as though the cancer thing never happened and all that awfulness is forgotten - which in a way is good, but in another way takes away from what an awful experience it is to go through, and how it changes you.

Anyway, getting a bit sad and down now, so I'm going to get on with preparing myself for going in to work, and comfort myself with the thought that i "know" all you beautiful women (good description Lennie) on this site!!

Lots of love and healing vibes,

Lyra xxxxxxxxxx

amdamc

Evening everyone.

Just had to share - just had the most brilliant couple of days. Got so uptight about my mammo, stupid I know, but just getting into that damn machine brings it all back, but thankfully they tell you the results there and then, and all ok so next step is the "tweaking" next month.

Today, my daughter and son-in-law (first time writing that!) came over and we went through all the photos resulting in her and I blubbing yet again. Like Lenny says, only my friends on here can understand how it feels when you experience something you thought at one time was out of reach... enought of that, I shall be off on one again!!

Where you holidaying Lenny? We're off soon for a few days, then back ready for my op - looking forward to it, how strange does that sound?
Hope you had a good time at your sister's caravan Helen, a break is good as a rest.

Good weekend to everyone.
Cheers
Anne x

Lenny

just listening to my son and hubby practising for a lunch time concert they are doing on monday for breast cancer and realised how blessed i am! and needed to share with people who know exactly what i mean..... which of course is you guys or should i say girls. i know i will cry on monday...it is the 1st time they have sung together.

hope you are having a grand time at the caravan helen.... lovely day here hope it's the same for you. about the time off - as long as you are completely honest with yourself you will know when is the right time to go back.... jan is a bit of a grim month tho' heidi goodish news about your swelling and definately good news about the time off, enjoy every minute. anne i've forgotten when your next op is? can't be too long i'm thinking, then you will be all done and dusted. sarah hope your weekend is going well maybe see you on monday. all the rest of our working girls...cathy, tracy and lyra, rest up and enjoy the weekend and let us know how you are getting on when you have a moment.

i must now get back to the task in hand.... booking accomodation for our holiday in just over 2 weeks time!!!

love to you all,

lenny
xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls.....Hope everyone has a good weekend. Rest up especially those back at work!! I'm going to my sisters caravan tomorrow, just overnight, coming back Sunday.A bit of a change!!

Heidi love, I had and still have a swelling on my breast. The ps knew that it was fatty tissue that hadn't settled properly and now won't. In time, with massaging it may go away, but he gave me an ultra sound to check it out, for my own peace of mind...but he was 99.9% sure that that is what it was before the ultra sound. He was a bit diappointed, me too, but not so bad, everything looks the same. Now that was my experience, hope you don't mind me sharing it, but I'm glad you are seeing your ps to check you out and reassure you. So quite right about putting out of your mind until your appointment.
Go girl!!

Its funny about the work thing...if I think back, quite a few people have tried in a tactful way to tell me that they too think it is too soon. I guess I will have to reassess in a few weeks time and see how I feel then. My sick note runs up to Nov but I will be asking for another until at least up till Christmas!

It is nice having time to yourself, but if I spend too much more time I probably won't want to go back...hehehehehe

Take care all catch ya later
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Heating on here too, thankfully no rain today!.

I saw the dr on Monday, and he wants me to see ps about it so have an appointment in November. To be honest I think he isn't sure if its swelling from op or something else. Have put it to the back of my mind anyway for now. He has also signed me off till 2nd Nov. I am so enjoying being off work, having time to myself which i did not give myself after the diagnosis last year. I am able to cook proper meals, pick the kiddies up from school, catch up with friends. I need to make the most of the next 3 weeks now as it will fly by and i will have a MASSIVE workload waiting for me when i go back.

Nell - do you not think that January is to soon to go back to work given everything that you have gone through?? When are you going to take that sunny holiday you promised yourself?

Hope everyones recovery continues to go well - Lyra, Anne etc

Lots of love to you all

Heidi xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all....like Annes says , what a lovely pic of you all..Heidi, Lenny and Sarah. I bet the other diners were really interested in what and why you were showing your scars...you will have made their day!!!hehehe Heidi when do you have your breast sorted out....

How are you doing Lyra, Tracy, Helen and Cathy ...hope the work is not too tiring for you...Cathy are you back at work now? Still got the image of you sat on that tv seat!!! proud missus!
I think I'll be going back to work after Christmas now...but will go into school to sort some things out before that....hopefully!

Anne good luck with your mammo next Friday. My tweaking now is going to be in Jan next year so think thats probably when my mammo is, even though I had it in November last year. My ps said he isn't doing anything to my other breast, and I am very relieved now, bit fed up with ops......Its only going to be a day surgery and a local anaesthetic too....so shouldn't be long either....phew!
Glad your mum is fine Anne...one step at a time with the technology thing eh! I'm just getting there with it myself!! heheehehe

Take care all
catch ya later
Helenxxx

Lenny just crossed....bet you were all hoarse after your meeting, sounds brilliant! Well done to Tom...Gaston eh, a prince charming in the making! Congratulations Tom...acting gives you such a buzz eh!