cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIEP booked 18 April - EEek

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: DIEP booked 18 April - EEek

Helen - I too have been logging on every hour, and have been thinking of you for the last 2 days. If anyone can overcome this, then YOU can. You are incredible - strong, positive, kind and calm. You truly are inspirational.

I will be thinking of you so much this week, and your lovely family. Now its YOUR time to be given some TLC, we all have an angel and I hope that your's is watching over you this week. I will text you this week if thats ok, and you reply or family when you feel well enough.

Anne - Have THE most wonderful day tomorrow.

To everyone else - love and cyber hugs.
Am away for the next week, and will catch up when i get back next Saturday.

Thank you all for your friendship. Am overcome by our bond that we have, even though we have all never met.

Heidi xx

Lenny

hi helen,

i just came on to see if there was any news from you - you have been on my mind all day - so sorry yesterday didn't bring good news but glad that all the experts are on the job. your news is close to my heart, as my mum had a brain tumour and i remember how my brothers and i felt when we were told....love to your son and hubby.

you sound very together about it all, i'm sure you are relieved to be having some kind of resolution. a few more months off and then a wonderful holiday anywhere you like!!! and i'm sure you'll set a new trend with the hairstyle and still look beautiful.

i hope you do come on and read this message and others that i am sure will follow, so that you know how special and important you are to this thread and to me..... you always have the right words for everyone and we will miss you while you are away. so i'm sending lots of love, cyber hugs and prayers that all will be well,

let everyone look after you this weekend so you can face the op strong and clear headed,

your friend,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls...thanks for your messages. Just a quickie because I am very very tired. I'll cut this short. Lots of waiting about yesterday, but doctor eventually said I had a brain tumour. To be honest it wasn't too big a shock. They think it is 99% sure benign. Thing is either way, it needs cutting out, which is why I stayed in yesterday to have the operation today. So quite a quick turnabout. It has been a bit like a roller coaster today, first the op was on, then off, then on, then off, which is when we finally arrived home at 5.30. Now I have to go in on Monday night and have it on Tuesday, and if not then, then Wednesday. Sorry not being very fluent.

The best thing is ...always good from a bad...they found my case quite interesting because they don't know yet what triggered it. So I'm 'cool' ......either way benign or malignant, its coming out and I should get the results within 1/3wks. I may not look my most beautiful self hehehehe once a bit of hair has gone, but that will soon grow back. I'll have a drain in and be in hospital about 4/5 days. so not long folks. They have said it may take a few months for complete recovery...so hey blooming ho...here we go again. So I think a few more months off work is called for. And definitely a holiday somewhere...anywhere!!!!
I won't bore you all with details, but will get back to posting in a week or so. so until then take care all and Anne have a bang up wedding love....soooooo joyful an occasion....enjoy it from start to finish, hope the day is gorgeous, for your lovely daughter and you!!

catch you all in a week or two, and Heidi have a grand holiday love, a lovely cleavage and a smashing tan, what else can you ask for.

love Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Helen - thinking of you and sending love along with everyone else x

Anne - finger crossed for a lovely day tomorrow x

Lots of love to everyone else, hope you have good weekends. Cathy xx

Lenny

good morning one and all,

hope you are all well....helen i too am a little worried that we have not heard from you, i hope no news is good news, come on soon and let us know either way.

heidi and lyra off on your hols, wish it was me, have a brilliant time and i do hope the sun shines on the isle of white, don't think you will have any problem in spain!

anne big day tomorrow enjoy every minute and wish your daughter love and joy from me.

cathy i haven't slept on my tummy since the birth of my first son!! my back muscles went into seizure... but i sleep on both sides and have been doing so for quite a few weeks now with no problem. hope you get time to rest over the weekend from your first week back. bournemouth eh... do sometimes go that way, i'll look out.

sarah looking forward to lunch on wednesday and tracy hope you are well.

as for me well yesterday was gcse results and my boy got 1a*, 6as and 3bs... i thought wonderful, he wanted more a*... we also went to see the time travellers wife, good if you fancy a weep.

well everyone have a great weekend and remember to be kind to yourselves,

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Helen - bit worried that you have not posted today. Hope all is ok.

Heidi xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Time seems to be speeding up as life gets busier and busier. Getting very excited about going to Spain (day after tomorrow), so looking forward to a change of scene as I'm finding it increasingly difficult looking at all there is to be done at home and not being able to do it!! I went in to work earlier this week - just to have lunch with colleagues - not to do any work, and that was good. My sick note expires on the 6th sept, but I shall just be back from hols then and reckon I'll need a bit of time to recover from that, so have arranged to take an extra week off using up some of my leave, so going back on the 15th. People at work have reassured me they'll be gentle with me and were so welcoming, so it all "feels" ok. I discarded my "superknicks" last week - and lasted less than a day!! I'm beginning to think I'll be wearing them, and a bra day and night for a long time, and maybe was a bit naive to think I could forsake these things... What about others? Is your underwear sexy yet or sensible still?!!

Cathy, I too would love to sleep on my tummy (or even my side would be good)

Last night I couldn't sleep after waking at @ 3pm, and just cried and cried. Not sure what that was about... I've been out more and seeing people lately, and after a while get tired and start feeling so disconnected - as though I'm not quite "all there". Also find it difficult to think clearly sometimes - not just forgetting what I came into the room for, but I "forget" the ends of my sentences..i think it might be still the effects of the anaesthetic, but last night felt really sad and bewildered about my brain not functioning well. Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?

I hope you have a great hol Heidi - we will both be away at the same time I think. Hope your back eases up.

Nell, been thinking lots about you today and what you hear from the consultant. Really hoping it's all good. Sometimes there just seems to be one thing after another, and I admire how you withstand it all and remain so positive. I'll be checking if you post something before I go away.

Lennie, Tracey and Sarah - I guess we're all returning to work at similar times, so maybe can support each other a bit by reminding ourselves to take it easy and do it gradually!! It's bound to be a shock to the system.

And Anne - have a truly wonderful wedding, it'll be so special...

Love
Lyra xxx

Lenny

helen just wondered how things went - you have been on my mind, hope all is well,

lots of love and cyber hugs,

lenny
xxxx

amdamc

Helen - just caught up with the computer and know its a bit late, but hope all goes ok today. Thinking of you.

Cathy - I am sleeping on my tummy. Actually the tummy was not the problem, it was the boob hurting more. Can take about half the night on my front now but do feel really stiff for a while.

Off to get box for wedding cake, clean my house before the Queen arrives (my mum!) and hope you all have a good weekend.

Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Nell - just wanted to let you know that we are all with you tomorrow. Will be waiting here for good news posted tomorrow. Lots of love to you.

Heidi xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Helen - thinking of you and wishing you well for tomorrow. Fingers crossed for good news and holiday to follow!

Lenny - I started back to work this week (only 3 hrs a day) and I've been mentally shattered. Physically OK with all the 5 mile walks and 'swimming' ... cheeky - any time you feel like heading down Bournemouth way, I'll give you directions to the particular beach so you can have front row 'light relief' viewing of my efforts astride the floats - it's just so relaxing though so I don't mind looking a little strange 🙂

Tracy - nag, nag, nag(!!) Are you going to take a little more time to ensure good recovery? Hope all is going nicely with healing. Bet your lovely dog's enjoyed having you around!

Heidi - Sorry you didn't have such a good experience as New Hall. Funny isn't it, I've read that there were 'horror stories' about Salisbury District and my treatment/care were excellent - just depends on which staff you get I guess - shouldn't be that way though. I've still got a slight 'Jordan' going on with recon (E cup versus DD so not really noticeable) but 'Jordan' is much softer and I've bonded with her well (and gone a bit loopy in the process by the sound of this!)

Anne - As you're the 'furthest ahead' on the recovery, dare I ask the all important question ...... Are you sleeping on tummy yet? I feel like a parrot keeping repeating this question but I'm desperate to sleep on front but tum's still not too sure about it! Hope you're well.

Hi to Lyra and everyone else, hoping all's going well.

Lots of love. Cathy x

Lenny

hi helen,

all love and hugs for tomorrow hope you get all the answers you need and that they are good ones.

lots of love

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all....just to let you know that the neuro surgeon rang this afternoon. He wanted me to come in and stay the night, only so I could have bloods done and be there ready to chat about the MRI and the results of the bloods in the morning. Well he changed his mind and I'm going to the hospital about 7.30 tomorrow morning. So at last I'll get to know something, then I can start getting on with my life again....I can be patient Lenny, but I've been feeling very fed up this week...I want to go on a holiday and now maybe soon I can!!!Yeh!!

Enjoy tomorrow, hope the weather is great for you all...........

catch ya later
Helenxxx

Lenny

hi all,

changed photo again, doing a heidi!!! not the best of my face but you can just about see the cleavage! it was taken on a day out in bath earlier this week.

thanks for nice coments about my little boy...

anne i bet you are now counting the hours til the big event, hope you have an amazing time and that the weather is good and even if it isn't it is what is actually happening that counts.

helen i hope the waiting for the scan date is soon over and you can start dealing with what ever it is or isn't, you sound much more patient that me.

heidi we love the beach and haven't made it so far this year... enjoy your break.

cathy - lovely picture of you 'swimming' what beach is that, it might be good for some light relief!! hehehe the things we have all done that we never even imagined before bc.

sarah, the tan might be fading but at least you've had one, see you soon

lyra, tracy and all others hope your healing is going well.it seems we are all moving to the next stage for some driving, walking further etc and i like others will be back at work next week, that will be a shock to the system!

well lots of love to you all,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Dahlia - did you go to New Hall too? Did you have LD flap? What complications have you found with it during the 2 years? I am 3 weeks post op now. I am not taking paracetamol or anything any more, but by the end of the day my back feels like it is going to snap. I am still pretty concerned that my new boob is considerably larger than my old one, but it sounds like everyone has this problem and some of you are having tweaking to old breast?? Had a breakthrough last night and managed to sleep on my side for an hour or so - it was so lovely! That is ok isn't it??!!!! I loved Mr Whitworth. I have known him for 6 years and think he is sooooooo lovely. There was another question that i wanted to ask everyone but i can't remember what it was!
Lenny - great to hear about Tom's reviews, I might just google him!
Anne - will be thinking of you on Saturday, don't forget the tissues!
Nell - book a holiday!
Sarah - walking 5 miles! wow that is impressive!
I have had a sneaky little drive in my car, me and the kids are climbing the walls with boredom. The sun HAS to shine next week on the Island as we have stayed there for so many years and we have done EVERYTHING on the island, so its really just a little beach holiday for the kids. We stay in this gorgeous little chalet 6 steps from the beach on Ventnor, we love it there. If i won the lottery i would have a house in New York, Sydney and Ventnor - ha ha.

Lots of love to all I have not mentioned.

Heidi xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Hope everyone's well and recoveries are behaving!

Helen - I'm so sorry you've got the added frustration of still waiting for the MRI result, hope it comes sooner rather than later with good news.

Sarah (& all other DIEP's) - oh tummies!! I've just gone back to work (week 16) and couldn't believe how shattered I was and I'm only starting back on 1/2 days. I've been doing 5 mile fast walks every day for the last 3 weeks so thought my stamina would have been better (just physical over mental energy I guess!) I too have been trying to 'swim'. My method is donning a wet suit with swim suit and bra under to protect scars, then using a couple of 'pool noodles' (polystyrene tubes), I sit on these and 'swim' pulling myself backwards and forwards with my arms - it's great fun and may look a little wierd but I don't care, I'm getting some salt water to the wounds and getting exercise and I'm back in the sea 🙂 Definately can't swim 'properly' yet as, like you said Sarah, my stomach won't quite let me.

Tracy, hope you're well. Wish I could look at the video for DIEP op as it would help me to understand exactly where all the internal 'chopping' has occured so I'd understand any 'pulling' or 'gipping' and not worry that I'd pulled anything apart - lovely!!

Lots of love and healing to all. Cathy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Heidi

I agree with you about New Hall - very poor but I'd heard such horror stories about Salisbury District.

I hope your pain has lessened by now. Mine is still pretty intense after 2 years and isn't likely to improve. What did you think of Mr. Whitworth?

I'm hoping BCC will let me do a "top tips for LD flaps" just to warn people of all the things the surgeons conveniently leave out until you get desperate enough to attend a pain clinic. I have a plastic surgeon standing by, ready to advise.

It's high time some complications were listed for this op.

If they've given you exercises then stick to them religiously; frozen shoulder is always a danger and you don't want that!

Best wishes
D

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all...just a quickie. I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays, I can't wait to go somewhere...anywhere!! soon!
Anne...I didn't get to see my PS. They put me with another doctor, who was very nice, but didn't have the X factor for me....sigh.....
Good luck with the wedding love...not long now eh! You probably won't have time to think, busy busy busy. 29th a date to remember!!

The doc didn't want to talk about doing anything to my boob yet, until The 'head' thing is sorted....been waiting 3wks now though for an appointment that they said needed attention...obviously not, but I still want to know what is happening, even if its just a head cold that they found on the MRI........................................

sounds like you had one great holdiay Sarah and I like the analogy of a 'Kevin' moment...made me chuckle. it sounds like the tummy thing will take longer than any of us first thought to get completely right...probs an ongoing healing....Take another week until the end of school hols Sarah...its a reasonable request.

Lenny what a handsome young man you've got there......

Well hope everyone is keeping well and recovering without problems too.....take care all....

Helenxxx

amdamc

Morning all.

Helen - how did it go with your hunky PS on Friday? I saw mine last night and am probably having other boob reduced. Will mean another op and overnight stay, but I'm sure will be worth it.

Heidi - it WILL be sunny on the 29th, have put my order in - its the wedding, fingers crossed. Have a lovely holiday. Isle of Wight is great, spent quite a few years there when kids were younger.

Lenny - good to have you back and congrats to your son, I would love to see LesM again, and again, and again....

Talking of holidays, Sarahs back from Spain, Lyra's going soon and after the wedding me and hubby are jumping in car and driving there(thats a first!) better start practising my French and Spanish. Sarah, we're meeting up there with our son, he's 22 and I can remember vividly what he was like at 15 - they do come out of it!!

Glad to hear rash is now all ok Tracy. I have recently been doing tummy exercises, pilates, general gym stuff and plenty of walking and something must have given in the belly button area, cos I'm back to that burning pulling sensation that we all know. PS said last night it could be stitches still dissolving - four months on - or nerves trying to connect, so for now have tummy girdle back on to hold it all tight. Getting better gradually, but probably being too impatient as usual. Trying to get in my posh frock for Saturday didn't help hehee.

Will try to get on here over the next few days, but am running around like headless chicken at moment, picking up wedding cakes, wedding dresses whilst organising new kitchen (hubby decided it was a good idea to have this done whilst we're on holiday - bless him!) so good bank holiday to everyone and catch you all soon.

Cheers
Anne x

Esskayeff

Buenos Dias

Hello everyone - I got back yesterday from my holiday in Spain. We had a good time, lots of sunshine, food and wine ! It could have been better but we had problems with our son who at nearly 15 didn't want to be away from his girlfriend and at times was a real 'Kevin' !
I swam several times a day - well tried to swim. I think it helped my tummy muscles and my arm but even by the end of the holidays I couldn't get my body flat enough in the water !
How are the other 'tummy' girls doing ? After travelling back yesterday I had a very stiff tum last night - I'm 14 weeks now. My sick note runs out on Monday so I guess I should be going back this week although it would be nice to have another week to take me to the end of the school hols !
Heidi - glad to see everything went well for you with your op. Soon you will be able to get those clothes down from the loft. I have to admit it was lovely not having to hold my top when I got out of the pool and to be able to wear low t-shirts.
Helen - hope you MRI results will be good.
Lenny - will speak to you soon.
Love to everyone else.
Autumn is coming - Match of the Day is on !!
Adios
Sarah
x

Lenny

hi everyone,

happy friday night to you all. lyra i agree with helen that another 2 weeks is a good idea, i go back to work on the 2nd and that will be 12 weeks post op. how lovely to have spain to look forward to and the same for you heidi... so good to be going away we are not having holiday until oct. helen hope you had a a good date.. oops i mean appointment with your ps. tracy so glad the wound id getting better keep an eye on it once the antibiotics are done.

o and by the way i haven't had a sex change, this is a photo of my don in his leading roll, helen he says thanks, i won't leave it up for long... he gets his good looks from his mum!!

well na night to one and all, talk soon,

love

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all...Lyra have a great holiday...it will so make you feel tons better...and going with all the family helps to make you feel more upbeat too....your recovery seems to be going really well.

Tracy, great that your 'weeping' wound problem has taken a turn for the better. And if I'm being honest, if I was you, I would take a further 2 weeks off. If you are thinking about it then it means that you probably aren't quite ready for work yet...you'll know when you are.

Hi Lenny it sounds like the move was the right thing to do. Glad you are enjoying your new house. So pleased about your Tom and Les Mis, its a great feeling isn't it. He must be a lovely singer, some of those songs are very hard to do. Congrats to him from me. You're right about the crying...a mums privilege....

Have a great holiday Heidi. You are right a change in scenery does wonders for the body and soul....you can sit and watch your kids, taking it easy yourself. Kids are pretty special aren't they...but I bet they haven't surprised you with how they have handled all this stuff. They need that break too eh!!

I have an appointment with my lurrvvley PS this afternoon...don't know if the chat is about the biopsy or cosmetic...will soon find out. Hope I don't swoon at his feet when he gives me that dashing smile of his......hehehehehe

Hi there Sarah, Helen, Anne, Cathy and everyone else.....hope your day is an upbeat one and have a grand weekend.

catch ya later
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lyra,

Have a wonderful holiday in Spain, nice to have something so lovely to look foward to!

My rash has cleared up and the weeping has almost stopped too. I took antibiotics prescribed by my GP and they started working almost immediately. I am now massaging the scars with good old aquaeous cream and so far, so good!

I have another sick cert that takes me up to the 9th Sept, by which time I will be 10 weeks post op - am still debating whether to have another 2 weeks after that.

Relax and enjoy your holiday,

Love and best wishes,

Tracy xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Nice to "hear" your voice again Lennie. Sounds like you are recovering well.

Still lots of healing to occur Heidi - especially internally, so you're bound to feel tight for a while. My tummy still feels really tight and hard at times, and I take it as a sign that I need to have a rest! Felt so much better and more capable of doig things last week, so I think I overdid it a bit, and began to feel really tired again. Trying to be more careful now. We've rebooked our holiday and are off to Spain a week on Saturday - so I want to have enough energy to enjoy that. So looking forward to it. We'd cancelled because of my op, but the villa we've now got looks even nicer and my oldest son has decided to come too, so I'm so chuffed we'll all be together. He goes off to uni in September, so it'll be nice to have a bit more of him for a little while. Plus I shall be starting back at work in September - that doesn't seem so long off now, a bit scary...but so nice to feel like life is getting bsck to "normal" - and still celebrating the fact I don't need RT!!

I have an appointment to see my ps in Oct - will be our first meeting since the op. Just hoping there won't be too much tweaking required - have any of you been "tweaked" yet?

Hope you see the specialist soon Nell, and that it is all good news for you.

And Tracy hope you're better after the E45 drama.

Fondest wishes to you all, and those I haven't mentioned,

Love
Lyra xxxxxxxxxxx

Lenny

hi everyone,

i am finally back on line.... only took 3 weeks!! longer than when i had my op.

haven't read all that has been happening but so glad you are well heidi and you sound like you are going great guns... just be careful now it is still really early days. i think everything will seem tight for quite a while, i know mine does.
anne - a wedding how lovely and it's nearly here, cry as much as you like! that's what mums do.
helen i really hope they find out what is wrong and that it is nothing too serious and congratulate your son, on his play, for me. sarah i think you are still in sunny spain... let us know when you are back but we don't need to see the tan! i understand that yesterday was the last day of real summer...
cathy, lyra, tracy and all who my chemo brain won't help me remember hope you are well at whatever stage you are at.....

my wound is well healed now, saw my ps 2 weeks ago and he is really pleased, i'm discharged and on the waiting list for the other one to be tweeked and my new nipple. my house is wonderful, just wish we had the weather... but we all love it, we have soooo much more room. it will be a shame when i have to go back to work in sept. my boy tom was amazing in les mis and he got some good reviews we were proud to bursting and i cried and cried and cried much to his embarrasment but that's what mums do.

well i must go now as we are all going out for the rest of the day..

i've missed you all and send you loads of love,

lenny
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Nell - thats great news that 2 tests clear so far, fingers crossed for the next one - keep us posted!

I am doing ok, still moving around like a 90 year old! My back scars are so tight, and it feels like i am compensating using my other side of my back more and it feels like my back is breaking in half by the end of the day. Scars are healing nicely though. Yes I have had a shower, it was soooo lovely, finally felt clean!

New boob still very hard, high and big. Feel a bit self conscious about it being bigger than the other one, but have taken your comments on board that it will go down in time.

I am desperate to go clothes shopping, but don't have the energy to try things on yet in the changing rooms, and still not driving. All in good time as my friends keep saying.

My dad has paid for me and the children to go on a weeks holiday to the Isle of Wight on 29th August. Sea air will really do me good, hubby can only come over for the weekend which is a shame, but me and the kids are looking forward to it. Fingers crossed for sunshine. The kids have been really good for me this week, I have been really clumsy since the op, dropping things! The kids have to keep picking things up for me that i have dropped on the floor!

Think I am able to start putting cream on my new boob very soon, they recommended acqueos(spelling?) for the first couple of months and then bio oil. Did any of you have to massage your new boob? Nothing has been mentioned to me about it and i don't see the PS until November.

Love and hugs to you all

Heidi xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all...thanks Anne. I'm still waiting for an appointment with neuro surgeon, so I guess thats good news, they obviously don't see it as a 'rush' job....hurrah!
Not long now Anne. have you got wedding nerves? Bet you can't wait. Weddings are lovely but they can be stressful too. This is going to be sooooooo emotional for you with all thats happened this year.....
I'm sure it will be perfection!!!

Take care all those recovering and those who are getting their lives back on track.....back to normality!!A good thing.

Helenxxx

amdamc

Hi everybody.

Glad to hear your going ok Heidi - ALOT bigger?? my hubby would be so pleased. I'm going to have my good one reduced to level me up and lets say he's not over the moon (once a boob man, always a boob man!) Seriously, mine relaxed quite a bit by about 5 weeks. Good luck for the rest of the summer hols, bribery with the kids always worked wonders for me.

Helen - Brilliant news about the CT and fingers,toes and everything else crossed for the MRI. We all need these rotten tests now and then, its the waiting for the results thats the real hard bit. I'm seeing my PS on Monday 24th so hopefully find out next course of action, but still sooo pleased with job so far.

Wedding plans are in full swing, just bought extra waterpoof mascara cos I'm know I'm going to be a blubbering wreck hehe.

Cheers all
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls...Heidi, my boob was bigger too and hard now its a bit smaller and softer....settled down nicely. It is really early days yet love, it will settle down and stop being all tight. Thats the worst part waiting for it to become almost perfect!!! It will.

The CT scan was to check no cancer cells had run astray in other parts of my body....hurrah its all clear!! the MRI was of my brain and although they found 'something' they don't think that it is cancer cells, but they aren't sure what it is so I have been referred to a neuro surgeon next week...so hopefully that will be nothing as well... I've had this hard tissue in my recon breast for weeks now, and my PS said he thought it was damaged fatty tissue. My onc examined it a week ago and yesterday decided to do a core biopsy just to make sure....but she more or less agreed with the surgeon.
So three tests, two almost deffo clear, one I'll find out next week....so all good, or getting there!

Heidi it was Christina I think who had an LD flap...mmmm could be wrong though. Have you been able to have a shower yet, it was ages before I could...had to keep all dressings on both tummy and boob, and couldn't get them wet.......but neither wound has ever been a problem, I heal really well.

Thanks for your thoughts girls, and I hope Lyra and Tracy are recovering well and that Lenny has settled in her lurvvley house. Anne is it this week you see your PS , I see mine on Friday. Hope all is well with you all, take care now....

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Cathy - feel a little more reassured.I can't remember who had LD flap on here??!!!

Salisbury nsh hospital far better than New Hall private hospital in Salisbury. The nursing care at New Hall was pretty poor, wish I had said that i would prefer to be at Salisbury district now, but still i am out and happy.

Have a good weekend.

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Helen - good luck with all the tests etc (I remember MRI - noisy!!). Really hope all turns out to be OK. Thinking of you x

Heidi - my recon boob was a bit of a 'bowling ball' to start with! Was at least 1 size up and quite firm, started softening at around week 6-7. It's still a little larger but PS says can take 6-12 months to settle down properly. Having said that, mine was DIEP so only skin and tummy fat used. I think you need an LD lady to properly get a comparison as you've got muscle (and implant?) in the equation too!! Don't be afraid to give Salisbury a call (I rang both the ward and 'wound care' dept a few times and they were pretty good, even when busy.

Tracy - hope all's well with you and you're taking it easy(?!). Has the rash started to subside? Is wound OK? (my little wound infection took about 2 weeks to heal).

Lenny - hey, how about your wound? Hope you haven't overdone it what with all the moving about etc!

Lots of love to everyone. Cathy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Nell - what did the Drs say when you went for test results yesterday? Are you on tamoxifen - could it be any drugs that you are taking? Sending you a big hug.

Anne - wow you really are on the countdown now, it must be so exciting and emotional to see your daughter get married, hope you manage to post a photo on here somehow!

I thought i was making really good progress, less tired etc, but seemed to have slowed down a bit in the last day. Had the dressings off, that was fine, kids are pretty scared of all my scars - to the point that they have nicknamed my new boob - Frankie, after Frankenstein! I am slightly concerned that it is quite alot larger than my existing bra, i know its still swollen but it is noticeably ALOT bigger. Did anyone else find that too? My hubby says not to worry because i am not even 2 weeks post op yet. Reassurance needed please!! Jim goes back to work on Monday so the kids are being bribed etc to be on excellent behaviour for me.

Love to everyone else, you have all been very quiet on here lately and i miss hearing from you all.

Heidi xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all....I've been up to Edinburgh to see my sons play...which is getting some good reviews. I thought it was really really good...not biased or anything heehee
Heidi....well what can I say, you seem to have taken on board your new boob with gusto....don't overdo it though, you have a long way to go in your recovery....but what incentive eh!
Anne only 16 more days eh!...bet you can't wait..hope the sun shines all day for you...fingers crossed.
As regards tests Heidi...had unsteadiness and headaches for some time now...so the tests are elimination tests...CT scan, MRI, bloods etc. haven't found any answers yet, so will see another doctor probably next week. Will get results for CT scan on Friday. So taking things step by step.....
Hope all are appreciating the good weather...well as good as we are going to get I think! Hope recoveries are going well, take care all.

Helenxxx

amdamc

Where is everyone??

Enjoying the sun hopefully. How did it go today Heidi, all good I hope.

I have 16 days to Wedding Day - and beginning to panic, but can sooo not wait.

Love to all.
Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Well today is 7 days post op, still feeling pretty tired and sore. My dressings are so tight around my back, side and front that it is restricting any kind of movement at all, its really annoying. Pain wise I am feeling ok, been on paracetamol for last 3 days. Am still overjoyed each time i look down, i really didn't think i would ever look like this again. I can't wait to get my 'pre mastectomy' clothes out of the attic. At the time i couldn't bear having them around in my drawers and wardrobe and was keen to chuck the lot but friends persuaded me to keep them and i am now so glad that i have. Jim has one more week off work to help me, kids have been great so far, fingers crossed that they continue to be good!

Yes my anaesthesist was pretty yummy - wonder if it is the same one that you had cathy?

I go back this Thursday for dressings to be taken off and reapplied, looking forward to that.

Nell - what are you having tests for - am bit worried about you.
Lenny - glad move has gone well
Lyra - glad you are still celebrating

And the big wedding day is drawing nearer - i bet you are sooo excited.

Lots of love to all the newbies, i will have to re read through posts since i been inhospital to see where you are all at.

Hugs all round

Heidi xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning folks...won't be posting for a few days, going up to Edinburgh to see my son in his play. Have got to get back early to have some more tests at the hospital. Anne I go to see my PS on the 21st so we are running at similar times. Isn't the wedding near that date?
Glad everyone seems to be 'faring' ok. Take it easy those recovering still....and Heidi, you go girl and 'flaunt' your new cleavage!!!!
Lenny glad the house move went well!

Take care all
catch ya later
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Welcome home Heidi. You look fantastic. So glad you're pleased.

Tracey - I asked loads of questions about how to care for scars/wounds etc., because everyone seemed to talk to me as though I already knew what to do, and not having had a reconstruction before, how would I? So I asked really basic questions and that actually helped me feel more confident. So this is what helped me - I tried bio oil, but at a couple of weeks that seemed too soon, so switched to using aqueous cream. I got this from boots, really cheap, about £2.99 for a big tub, although they do a smaller tube, but were out of this when I went. I asked for it at their pharmacy section. It's a bit greasy, but it you don't over apply too much sinks in nicely. I apply morning and night, and massaging it in helps my soreness actually in some breast areas. You can use it to massage and keep scar areas supple, as well as generally on the breast especially massaging areas that feel a bit hard - it helps stimulate circulation and I've found some hardness has already actually softened. It's good because its just so basic a cream, no perfume. Later on I may start using the bio oil again, but I'm finding the acqueous cream is already helping my scars fade (just 4 weeks from op).

Love to everyone, and good to hear some "new" voices. I'm still feeling elated at not having to have any more treatment.

Lyra xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, and regarding returning to work - I also feel 7 weeks is too early. Recommendation is 2 - 3 months recovery from diep op. You may feel better and fit, but internally there's still healing going on and vulnerable areas - so best not to chance it by overdoing things. I saw my GP on Friday who has signed me off for another month - so I'll have had 2 months off, but my work isn't physical at all. I think GP's are the best to speak to about this. Also, when I do go back it will probably be a phased return, so perhaps you could ask about this and being given lighter work. Employers have a "duty of care", and you are being responsible by staging carefully your return to work - this ensures it is a successful return to work - so you're certainly not slacking Tracey!!

amdamc

Hi all.

Have not been on here this week as my daughter has been down and been engrossed in wedding stuff, but looking through the posts, what a week! Well done Heidi, picture is great and wish you well, just take it easy.

Tracy - I used E45 and didn't like it. Like you I had a small hole/dent and very slight opening a couple of weeks in and went to GP who gave me antibiotics, just in case. Mr R was not too amused when I saw him though, doesn't like overuse of those I expect. He did recommend aqueous cream though, maybe give that a go, or just leave well alone and see if it dries up. I tried Bio Oil on my tummy only last week and it flared up something horrible.

Nice to see Lenny back and good luck in your new home.

Hiya Helen, you and I must be going to see our PS soon to find out next step - mines the 24 August.

To all newbies, welcome. I am rushing around like a headless chicken getting ready for the wedding (can't believe my baby's getting married!), giving my kitchen a facelift and organising a driving holiday through France - all good fun!!

Love to everybody.
Cheers
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Tracy - typical, Saturday and you get a bit of a hiccup! Sorry, can't help with E45 question. Don't know if this is of any help at all but I had something similar to what you describe on my tummy scar (for me it was 2 x 1cm areas that seemed to be trying to 'open', yewwww!). I went to doctor and they gave me antibiotics - best to be safe - and dressed wound. This took a couple of weeks or so and for the 2nd week, they used iodine dressing which 'dried up' the remaining weepy stuff (not having a late breakfast are you?!!).

All you can do now is protect the wound (I've even tried warm salty water, about 3 tsp in 1/2 cup - it didn't sting!) but don't know if that's sound advice or not (guess you could give NHS Direct a call! or if your hospital is nearby, maybe the ward could dress it). I also used 'Mepore' dressing which you can cut to size. It's breathable and easy to peel off.

Hope you're sorted soon. Lots of love. Cathy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning ladies,

Have any of you had a reaction to E45 lotion? I have been using it for about 3 days and noticed that I have a rash around my scars now, also there is a small part of the breast scar that is weeping very slightly and about half an inch from that is what can only be described as a small hole or dent (it is not weeping though) I have covered both areas with a 'micropore' plaster from the hospital and will keep an eye on it over the next couple of days. Of course, I will stop using the E45, but don't know what to use instead or just leave it for a few days.

Lots of love to you all,

Tracy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Welcome back Heidi...what a fantastic job he's done!! So pleased it went so well and you are up and about so early on...good signs. Take it easy now and rest up!
Lenny great to hear from you!
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Wow indeed - and at only 5 days!!!!

We've still got some summer sunshine left, well hopefully, so time to get more of the scoop necks out and show off your new shape, like you need sun as an excuse, you deserve to show them off and be proud come rain or shine.

All my best wishes for happy healing xx

Gillian made me quite excited for my DIEP, hopefully end of Sept too.

Debs x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Heidi, welcome back - wow, how fab do you look?! Hope healing's going well and that Salisbury treated you well xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Heidi you look fantastic!!! xxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good for you Heidi. Just looking at the pic makes me very excited given I'll be having my DIEP towards the end of Sept. That looks fab!!

Gill x

Guest user
Not applicable

couldn't resist my pic, can't believe this is only 5 days on, fab!!!

xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Welcome home Heidi, glad to hear that you are pleased with your new cleavage - we know how you feel!! Look foward to hearing more when you're feeling up to typing xx

Lenny, nice to have you back on the forums - we do miss our girls when they're away for a while! Really pleased all went well with the move and please tell Tom 'Well done'

Have a lovely weekend everyone, I've got a couple of do's to go to, so just have to find something to wear!

Lots of love to you all,

Tracy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lenny

hi everyone,

lenny here!! the move went really well and we are nearly sorted but i have no internet and it could be another week!!!! going stir crazy and missing you all.

heidi have been thinking of you all week, can't believe you are home already... well done, now take it easy and let others do the work.

i don't have much time to write so just a little update on me - saw ps on monday he is really pleased and i don't see him again until i have good boob tweeked lifted actually to match new boob and nipple recon, klater this year or early next! my boy tom was wonderful.... he got brill reviews and yes i cried and so did his dad and everyone who knew him.

just want to say i'm really proud of all of you and if you are new and i haven't met you before welcome. i miss my bcc fix and hope i will be connected to the world soon..... keep on doing what you are doing all of you, your love and support has sooooo helped me,

love ya,

lenny
xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone!!!

I got home a couple of hours ago.

Am a very very happy girl. I didn't think i would ever look like this again but i do - have already put a scooped neck t shirt on to see how it looks - ha ha.

All went well, very tired and uncomfortable but nothing that i can't handle. Having the drains taken out was the most horrid bit!

Won't write much today, can't concentrate onanything much still.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts - Lyra that is wonderful news, so pleased for you.

Heidi xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Tracy hi. Please please please don't listen to the idiot (sorry for being so strong) who said 7 weeks was OK to return to work - its NOT!) You say you do a lot of lifting and lugging about and I think you'll do yourself a mischief if you try and do this too soon. As I've posted before, the patient inforation leaflet for DIEP operation (available on Salisbury hospital website under patient leaflets I think) states that 'you should remain off work for 'at least' 8 weeks, especially if lifting is involved in your job). Please forgive me nagging but don't want to see your recovery hindered.

I went to my Occupational Health Dept today to discuss return to work and although I said I was keen to return to work, he said I should wait until 24 Aug and then do staged return over a month to ensure all's well. I work for NHS and this doctor deals with sickness from ops all the time. Bear in mind also that my op was back in May (I'm currently in week 13) and I/work certainly don't think I'm 'swinging the lead'. Just print off the DIEP operation leaflet (there's a few pages which go into detail about the op), they wouldn't think you were 'swinging' after reading that!! I know some heal quicker than others but as the doctor said to me today, 'There are no prizes or rewards for rushing back and you might end up 'rushing off(!)' again, it's your healing that is the most important thing here' Sounds like your healings going well though.

Good grief, I'm sounding like a right old nag - I'm sorry!

Lots of love and happy healing to everyone. Cathy x

PS: Helen - wonder if Heidi had the same yummy anaesthetist as I did - have to ask her about that on her return! Hope all's well with you.

PPS: Lenny - how are you doing with your wounds?